FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   KLM Flying Dutchman (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/klm-flying-dutchman-493/)
-   -   Mess in AMS today - April 2022 onwards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/klm-flying-dutchman/2080797-mess-ams-today-april-2022-onwards.html)

filmwill Aug 9, 22 8:35 pm

And which Departures Area/Door #s are the KLM SP desks located near? Not sure where you get let out when you come up from the train, either.

CyBeR Aug 9, 22 8:48 pm

The SkyPriority check-in occupies about a third or so of Departures 2. AMS has very good signage, simply follow the signs from the trains. The SP area is also very clearly demarcated.

johan rebel Aug 10, 22 1:46 am

Originally Posted by Xandrios (Post 34501033)
Flight was on an E295 which seemed like a nice aircraft. At row 1 plenty of legroom. The fact that business class is still on a 2-2 config is absolutely unacceptable though.

I agree on all points. On 737s I avoid row 1 like the plague because of the limited legroom, but the E295 is just fine. The seats are pretty decent too. The E295 is also faster than a 737, which can shave 5-10 minutes off a shorthaul flight.

Johan

johan rebel Aug 10, 22 2:51 am

Originally Posted by filmwill (Post 34501559)
And which Departures Area/Door #s are the KLM SP desks located near?

Terminal 2, door F, if you arrive by car.

When arriving by train, you take the escalators up to the Schiphol Plaza, walk past all the shops to the escalators/stairs/elevators up to Departures. There may or may not be staff there checking whether you have a flight within four hours. Once upstairs, and assuming you've checked in online, turn left, and then immediately left again. You will see the entrance to the Privium lounge ahead of you (can't miss it). Just before the lounge turn left again to the "secret" back door priority checkpoint.

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...785fe636a1.jpg

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...2ae9b1c6a5.jpg

Now if you still need to check in, you turn right at the top of the stairs, then right again to enter the Sky Priority check-in area. Once you're done, you walk towards the back, turn right, exit the check-in area, and immediately do a right-hand U-turn to enter priority security as pictured above.

Johan

BA850 Aug 10, 22 4:18 am

Originally Posted by Xandrios (Post 34501033)
Flight was on an E295 which seemed like a nice aircraft. At row 1 plenty of legroom. The fact that business class is still on a 2-2 config is absolutely unacceptable though.

Air France sells all four seats in a given row of Business on their Embraers too, and you’re right, it’s unacceptable - arguably worse on KLM because of the Wanders Box, but shouldn’t be happening on either.

To avoid straying too far off topic; glad to hear your bags arrived quickly. Perhaps they’re finally getting the baggage situation somewhat under control.

MichielR Aug 10, 22 6:06 am

Originally Posted by BA850 (Post 34502195)
Air France sells all four seats in a given row of Business on their Embraers too, and you’re right, it’s unacceptable - arguably worse on KLM because of the Wanders Box, but shouldn’t be happening on either.

Continuing OT: As does BA on the LCY Embraer fleet.

supersympa Aug 10, 22 12:03 pm

Report from today's transit in AMS:

Both planes were on time!, LOTS of seats available in Lounge 25, a lot of people in the terminal but not that crowded to be honest.

on my way to lounge , I saw that it was queue from Schengen to non-schengen flights, but not extreme either.

so all in all a good experience today!
(first time transiting via AMS since April)

filmwill Aug 10, 22 4:49 pm

Johan, that's AMAZING. Can't thank you enough for the step-by-step directions and photos!

psp flyer Aug 11, 22 3:05 am

Departed our hotel (Hyatt Regency Amsterdam) at 7:00 am yesterday. Walked to the metro and were in the Star Alliance lounge by 8:15 am for a 11:15 Lufthansa (business class) flight. Actual priority security process took no longer than 15 minutes. Easy at least for us.

johan rebel Aug 11, 22 3:26 am

Luchtvaartnieuws reports that the Schiphol checked luggage mess is continuing unabated.

Johan

jongesander Aug 11, 22 3:48 am

Originally Posted by psp flyer (Post 34505293)
Departed our hotel (Hyatt Regency Amsterdam) at 7:00 am yesterday. Walked to the metro and were in the Star Alliance lounge by 8:15 am for a 11:15 Lufthansa (business class) flight. Actual priority security process took no longer than 15 minutes. Easy at least for us.

Is the Star Alliance lounge open again? Or was it the Aspire lounge?

GUWonder Aug 11, 22 4:12 am

Originally Posted by jongesander (Post 34505352)
Is the Star Alliance lounge open again? Or was it the Aspire lounge?

The Star Alliance lounge is open again.

HadesNL Aug 11, 22 5:52 am

off topic
As the old BA Lounge in non schengen is now permanently closed,
EDIT: source: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post34505578

they should transform that to a non schengen Star Alliance lounge
* wishful thinking*
or add the space to the Aspire lounge and dump all CreditCard Priority pass holders there

Fabo.sk Aug 11, 22 6:39 am

Originally Posted by HadesNL (Post 34505477)
off topic
As the old BA Lounge in non schengen is now permanently closed, they should transform that to a non schengen Star Alliance lounge
* wishful thinking*
or add the space to the Aspire lounge and dump all CreditCard Priority pass holders there

Hmm, is there that much *A presence in NS? I don't actually know... on Schengen side, it's quite heavy between LH group, LO and TP...

BA lounge used to accept PP as well as Aspire, I used to go there from time to time. In any case whatever way they do it, more lounge space is always a good thing.

dubistokay Aug 11, 22 7:07 am

I've succumbed to paranoia and booked an overnight stay at the airside AMS Yotel before a 7am HV departure next week. Question to this forum - is security open 24/7? Ie, can I show up at the airport at midnight?