FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   KLM Flying Dutchman (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/klm-flying-dutchman-493/)
-   -   Mess in AMS today - April 2022 onwards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/klm-flying-dutchman/2080797-mess-ams-today-april-2022-onwards.html)

GUWonder Jul 26, 22 2:27 am

Originally Posted by stijnec (Post 34458634)
not sure if this is the right thread, but does anyone know if BA silver gets priority security at Schiphol? I'm travelling with my daughter end of August, I'm BA gold, my daughter is BA silver

Flying BA? BA Gold and BA Silver in BA economy class get priority security at AMS. No guests however.

jamespvg Jul 26, 22 3:13 am

Data point, for a Tuesday morning, non-priority. Arrived at train station at 8:10. Through security (departures 3) by 9:20. Another 10 minutes for outbound passport control. Not too bad really. (And priority queue looked basically empty.)

HadesNL Jul 26, 22 8:16 am

Schiphol lost&found auction

Not all to encouraging to read .....

The next Schiphol lost & found auction :
(suitcases declared lost aka never found their way to passengers)

will be held this year at medio October 2022
https://www.venduhuisdeeland.nl/veilingschema

I implore everyone who's suitcase is still lost by then
(Let's hope not)
to check out the auction if they can retrieve their items!

PS:
might be offtopic but this a sensationalist view on the matter:
https://www.vice.com/nl/article/paje...aar-verliezers

chrisbangkok Jul 26, 22 9:40 am

Originally Posted by johan rebel (Post 34457636)
Yes, it definitely will, you get business class check-in and then have priority access to security, so you will not have to join the tent queue. No recent personal experience of T3 departures security, but others have posted about it in this thread. Your main concern should be how quickly KLM gets your luggage on the belt, which is completely unpredictable these days. Traveling with carry-ons only would make your life a lot easier, but I guess that's out of the question?

To speculate a bit: assuming your KLM flight is on time; assuming you can claim your luggage within an hour of arrival; and assuming there aren't huge queues or any hiccups at TK's check-in, then you should make it, most likely with time to spare.

Admittedly a lot of assumptions.

Good luck!

Johan

Thanks a lot!

Unfortunately travelling with carry-ons only is no option ;(
But with almost 5 hours between my planned arrival ion AMS and my planned departure at AMS I hope I can make it.

johan rebel Jul 26, 22 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by chrisbangkok (Post 34459568)
But with almost 5 hours between my planned arrival ion AMS and my planned departure at AMS I hope I can make it.

You originally wrote 3˝ hours. Just under 5 sounds a lot better, as long as your incoming flight isn't seriously late, you have every reason to be confident you will make it.

Johan

chrisbangkok Jul 26, 22 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by johan rebel (Post 34460699)
You originally wrote 3˝ hours. Just under 5 sounds a lot better, as long as your incoming flight isn't seriously late, you have every reason to be confident you will make it.

Johan

I thought I was booked on the TK flight at around 5pm but I'm on the later one at 6.35pm what should make things more relaxed but still stressful I guess.

Thom00992 Jul 26, 22 11:40 pm

Interesting datapoint from today, 05:30 AM

Crowding on the stairs began at 05:45. Priority passengers and privium still mixed to the departures above Hall 1.

Pax were funneled through lanes 1-2-3. Right after I went through, the scanners experienced a technical error at lane 1-2 caused all pax to be blocked from proceeding, with all bags going to secondary. The process still went quick overall with 3 people working the secondary.

All in all, 40 mins between arrival at Plaza to Lounge 25.

PDXNRTLHR Jul 27, 22 2:07 am

I'm looking at flying LCY-AMS in KL eco, but with SkyPriority (DL Plat) on a Sunday in September, connecting to a DL flight in business class. Should three hours be fine, or should I go for a four hour layover? I'm hoping KLM can through check my bag to my final destination, so I would be able to stay airside.

johan rebel Jul 27, 22 4:06 am

If KLM checks your bag through, then three hours should be fine, assuming your first flight is reasonably on time. But if you think an extra safety margin and peace of mind are worth a one more hour of your time, then go for four hours.

Johan

irishguy28 Jul 27, 22 4:37 am

Originally Posted by ArnoldB (Post 34455303)
Can it be rebooked for free online, or do you have to call the hotline for that?

You can book yourself online for free, simply and easily.

Be warned though that once you have made use of this facility, you cannot come back later and re-book yourself at all online. Any further changes would require ringing up - in my experience, making this free once-off change means you no longer can rebook yourself on the website or app.

Note also that it is at least possible that, having rang up and got through to attempt to have an agent assist you with a "second" free rebooking, that they may refuse and instead charge at least the fare difference. So treat this is a one-time free change (even if not explicitly stated anywhere on that page) and proceed accordingly; you should have no valid expectation about being allowed to change your mind for free a second time.

irishguy28 Jul 27, 22 4:38 am

Originally Posted by PDXNRTLHR (Post 34461952)
I'm looking at flying LCY-AMS in KL eco, but with SkyPriority (DL Play) on a Sunday in September, connecting to a DL flight in business class. Should three hours be fine, or should I go for a four hour layover? I'm hoping KLM can through check my bag to my final destination, so I would be able to stay airside.

If it's not all booked on one ticket, then don't expect that your bag will be checked through all the way when you ask at LCY.

source05 Jul 27, 22 7:52 am

Hello,

Flying August 11 from CDG - AMS - YYC, I am wondering if 2h50 would be enough for transit considering all the problems at the moment at Schiphol. Travelling in Y with checked bags. There is an earlier flight from CDG which would give us 4h connection time in AMS but would have to check if we could change for free which I suppose will be a no.

Do we have to go thru security AND passport or only passport while in transit? Couldn’t find the right answer to that as some are saying both when other say only passport.

Thanks for any advice

atflyer Jul 27, 22 8:10 am

Originally Posted by source05 (Post 34462443)
Hello,

Flying August 11 from CDG - AMS - YYC, I am wondering if 2h50 would be enough for transit considering all the problems at the moment at Schiphol. Travelling in Y with checked bags. There is an earlier flight from CDG which would give us 4h connection time in AMS but would have to check if we could change for free which I suppose will be a no.

Do we have to go thru security AND passport or only passport while in transit? Couldn’t find the right answer to that as some are saying both when other say only passport.

Thanks for any advice

Pretty sure the answer is in the Wiki - only passport control airside.

Fabo.sk Jul 27, 22 8:21 am

Originally Posted by source05 (Post 34462443)
Hello,

Thanks for any advice

All your transfer questions you can find at https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/klm-...ransfer-q.html

Even with potential large crowds at passport control 2:50 is more than enough.

sbrower Jul 27, 22 10:12 am

Originally Posted by PDXNRTLHR (Post 34461952)
I'm looking at flying LCY-AMS in KL eco, but with SkyPriority (DL Play) on a Sunday in September, connecting to a DL flight in business class. Should three hours be fine, or should I go for a four hour layover? I'm hoping KLM can through check my bag to my final destination, so I would be able to stay airside.

Hopefully that is 2 hours too much. We are flying KLM LAX-AMS-MXP, business, with one hour and ten minutes connection time in August.