Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 16, 2022, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: GUWonder
Short answer: Yes, priority lines are available at Schiphol security checkpoints.

Long answer:
Priority lanes are available at Schiphol for eligible passengers of all airlines at all security checkpoints, and for holders of Privium cards at all checkpoints.

Unlike previously, since the start of 2022 Mess in Amsterdam, access is strictly policed. What this means in practice:
  • Privium card holders always have access, regardless of airline or class of travel.
  • Business class passengers of all airlines have access to priority security for themselves
  • Eligible elites of all alliances have access to priority security for themselves when flying with an alliance airline.
    • The extension of Priority benefits to all passengers on the same PNR is not a common benefit in airlines flying from Amsterdam, and particularly with SkyTeam airlines, while you will be able to check in together in the SkyPriority zone, this does not automatically allow for access to priority security. Unlike previously, access is strictly policed.
  • Select non-status Economy class passengers also have access to priority security, notably those travelling on Eco Flex tickets with Air France KLM.
  • Select low cost airline passengers also have access, for example easyJet Plus card holders travelling on easyJet flights.

What if I or my travelling partner don't fall into any of those categories?
Then you are out of luck. Waving a silver card will not help you. Nor will you be able to take your statusless wife on basis of your FB Gold card.

That said, there were some reports of successful subterfuge. The checkers are not too precise; particularly if one of two passengers has Privium and SP, one might give ones travel partner a BP with SP marked "by mistake" while passing through Privium gate.
Once upstairs/past the human checker, the BP scanner will actually accept a non-coded BP (for now at least).
Print Wikipost

Are there priority security lanes at Schiphol?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2022, 3:59 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by lloydje33
I can confirm that you get Priority access with BA Silver/Gold status when flying in economy (only for the status holder). When flying Club Europe priority is also included.
BA Bronze flying BA in economy gets the same priority access at AMS as BA Silver/Gold. And same goes for AA OWS/OWE flying BA economy out of AMS.
Old Sep 18, 2022, 4:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GUWonder
BA Bronze flying BA in economy gets the same priority access at AMS as BA Silver/Gold.
Priority security access? Really?

Johan
HadesNL likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2022, 1:05 am

Programs: DL, AY+, UA, Bonvoy. My elite status depends on how often my stingy boss sends me on trips.
Originally Posted by HadesNL
You could walk over to the Privium West Lounge and try,
If doing so, please let us know,
At least i know my writing/complaint has not been in vain....
Two data points from Tuesday Sept 6 and Monday Sept 19 with SQ J class:
Aspire is indeed printed on the SQ BP J, but in both occasions we received a separate piece of SQ-branded invitation for Privium lounge.

Priority lines in T3 helped immensely, though it's still not idiot proof from the signage, rope, and scanner gates behind c/i counters 24-25.
The gates to scan BP for priority are at the right side, but there's no rope separating the area right behind the scanner. So practically those that scanned their BP at the left could still try their luck joining the priority queue (there's still supposed to be a BP check before going upstairs, but this morning this bloke couldn't be bothered). Plus the escalator for the priority line doesn't work today and is cordoned off, so some people thought priority lanes are closed (but hey stairs are right next to it) as I noticed a couple of priority pax incorrectly took a left turn joining the normal queue.
johan rebel and HadesNL like this.
Old Sep 19, 2022, 1:31 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
sakedon : Welcome to Flyertalk!
Thank you for taking the time to post and to enrich us with actual datapoints, always most appreciated by the community!

Concerning the Privium lounge,
glad to see that SQ has redeemed itself in providing access to Privium West
or my stern writing in style of Jacques d'Ancona / Willibrord Frequin / Pieter Storms has opened their eyes,
LKY would turn over and arise if he knew SQ management sends its premium passengers back to the Aspire Lounge

Concerning the access to security,
Indeed after the T3 (behind checkin counters 24/25) automated barriers for BP-scan, passengers can turn:
- left for economy
- right for priority + economy
There is indeed an escalator and stairs for going up to the mezzanine floor - slighlty behind it is a lift
Once upstairs on the mezzanine it divides again into:
- keep right next to wall for priority (normally should be staff present checking BP)
- keep left next to balustrade railing for economy

It seems logical for economy passengers to try turn right after the automated barriers, than on the mezzanine to use the economy line next to the priority queue as one think the wait time would be shorter, however the amount of security stations operating and are open, could be less because it serves priority and the waittimes could be longer for economy passengers because priority goes in first and even privium goed in before priority.... YMMV
Old Sep 20, 2022, 12:38 pm

I have an LH business class flight for a Schengen flight on Friday at 10:00, departing from gate B. I usually use Departure 1 to get there - where do I need to go to get a fast track through security? Many thanks!
Old Sep 20, 2022, 1:42 pm

Programs: FB Plat (Y3), All Accor Gold (Y2)
Originally Posted by diudas
I have an LH business class flight for a Schengen flight on Friday at 10:00, departing from gate B. I usually use Departure 1 to get there - where do I need to go to get a fast track through security? Many thanks!
follow signs for "priority". But you can just as well go to departures 2, enter the Skypriority area from the back, show your boarding pass to the dragon guarding the escalator and go upstairs there. You'll end up in departure lounge 1 again, from where you can head to the B gates.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 12:14 am

Martijn Zaal : you should have no problems at all,

Easiest way to access priority security is between checkin counters 24/25
You can use the automated gates or have staff open the barrier, just show them your SQ BusinessClass boarding pass.

Afterwards go right towards stairs/lift towards priority security,
Once on the mezzanine,
the right side lane is for priority,
if staff is distracted, just wave them over and show your BP and you can enter

When in the priority queue, don't be surprised if persons are going ahead of you.....
Privium gets priority over priority,
When we departed in July, there was some audible grumble but upon explaination : privium iris scan paid service/betaalde dienst
All was turned to understanding

Be reminded after security, ALL passengers join the queue for passport control.
You only get priority if Privium/Crew/Diplomatic/Impaired~Wheelchair

And thank you for asking about the lounge situation!

hi Johan, i can confirm that business class passangers SQ have acces to privium. At check in I got a invitation card.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 2:31 am

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Martijn Zaal : thank you for your feedback,
Very happy to know that privium west lounge access has been restored!
have a pleasent flight and enjoy the satay service, drink a choya umeshu on beating the queues!
Old Sep 21, 2022, 2:41 am

lloydje33 : thanks for the info that BA Euro Traveller with silver, gold, gold GL, concorde status, and upwards + OW emerald also retained priority security access in T3.
I had been to much burned by Alex Cruz in the past concerning priority security at Amsterdam that instead of ET i moved to buying CE to avoid being turned away.
lloydje33 likes this.

Last edited by HadesNL; Sep 21, 2022 at 4:43 am
Old Sep 21, 2022, 2:54 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
lloydje33 : thanks for the info that BA Euro Traveller with silver, gold, gold GL, concorde status, and upwards + OW emerald also retained priority security access in T3.
I had been to much burned by Alex Cruz in the past concerning priority security at Anstersam that instead of ET i moved to buying CE to avoid being turned away.
You’re welcome.

It’s also partner airline OW Sapphire passengers flying BA economy class who get priority access for security at AMS — the same priority access as BA elites flying the same BA flights/cabins out of AMS.

How were you burned by Alex Cruz in the past concerning priority security at Amsterdam such that it motivated you to instead move to buying CE instead of ET to avoid being turned away? Could be good for others to know what happened so they could avoid a repeat of what you experienced and make their own determination on whether to pay up for CE on flights out of AMS.

I don’t pay up for CE on BA flights out of AMS — I get priority access anyway with BA, and so I try to stick to paying for ET on BA flights out of AMS.

Last edited by GUWonder; Sep 21, 2022 at 3:09 am
Old Sep 21, 2022, 4:27 am

Lloydje33 was so kind to inform us that ET+ BASilver has currently access to priority security.
This implies that all BA-status above Silver enjoy the same priority access.
He also mentioned it is for the elite member only. (Understandable)

During Alex Cruz period, i experienced being turned away from priority security access travelling on ET+BA Silver:
- Schiphol staff at turnstil mentioning BA Club Europe only (business class)
- Citing the Oneworld website / BA website no mention of silver / sapphire for priority security
- Better informed / experienced staff citing Eurotraveller only + BA Gold / Oneworld Emerald
* Citing reason that BA doesnot pay for priority security for BA Silver members and less

This got me burned because the economy queue was much longer then the priority queue and i had calculated a close call from checkin to gate expecting priority access.
Naturally i missed the flight ... My BA silver status during Alex Cruz was worthless in Amsterdam for priority security (no problems for the lounge/checkin)
That's why in those similair present cases, onwards i book CE from then on to be certain i can make it quickly and use T3's priority security

And even more glad that BA during post pandemic is offering at Amsterdam ET+Silver(upwards) priority access during the current chaos as Lloydje33 has posted.... a major help to battle the queues.... and a reason to book back ET if I acquire BA Silver anytime soon instead of purchasing CE

There has been confusion because the benefit and execution seem to vary from time to time,
And even across the airports that BA serves.....
Especially at according to this thread:
Tracking BA Fast Track and Priority Boarding
That is dedicated to providing information as resources are scant.....

VS
Oneworld's own website,
Which cites in general for Emeralds only is priority security (Fast Track) access
https://www.oneworld.com/travel-benefits

Emeralds

VS Sapphire (no priority security mentioned)

Sapphire

VS Ruby (no priority security mentioned)

Ruby

and on quoting BA's page on the Oneworld website about BA's executive club tiers
https://www.oneworld.com/members/british-airways#tiers
(priority security at airports is strangely absent as BA Gold (emerald benefit))

And as we even look at BA's own website comparing al BA Executive club tiers:
https://www.britishairways.com/en-us...pare-the-tiers
No explicite words about offering priority securtity at any tier.....

If like me you read above websites which you think are corporate's standpoints about the benefits being offered than i am pushed into booking CE :
It is the only spot on the website that mentions fast track when booking CE:
https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...ss/club-europe

For London airports only.....
But even so it is still quite unclear about the situation concerning fast track security access beyond the London Airports....
We can at least assume that CE Business Class gets priority security at foreign / non London airports .......

Ahum........

Don't get me started on the fact that Schiphol's own website is quite silent on whom get priority access to security...
except privium,
no mentions at all of First/Business class or Economy + relevant elite status in airline FFP of those serving Amsterdam

But still this great tread exists from the friendly folks at
Tracking BA Fast Track and Priority Boarding
as it seems to be the only resource online that discusses the situation, possibility and implementation

Hope this explaination provides clarification about my perception and standpoint on the matter.
Especially since now during Schiphol's chaos it is vital to have certainty that one can access the priority security in T3!
I don't want others to succumb to the same pitfall i encountered...... or maybe i should rejoice now that Alex Cruz is gone, happy days are back again (except Sean Doyle closing BA Lounge Amsterdam and we are relegated to the Aspire lounge..... no comment)

Last edited by HadesNL; Sep 21, 2022 at 3:10 pm
Old Sep 26, 2022, 2:15 am

Originally Posted by diudas
Just wanted to report my experiences last Friday: Arrived at 6:30 at Schiphol, not a severe line at regular security as far as I could see (Departures 1/2). Used the priority gate at Departure hall 2; took me about 20 minutes to get through security. Went to Aspire lounge (other LH lounge is still closed). The lounge filled up pretty quickly and was quite full around 8. Had a SA business class ticket.
Old Sep 26, 2022, 9:43 am

Flying out of AMS at 7am next tuesday (4 Oct 2022) on LX737, 3 pax (all in J with online boarding passes, two of which SEN, only hand luggage). LX737 departs from Dep1, usually B or C Gates.
Having flown only 2, 3 times from AMS, I am not very familiar with the airport.

Based on the posts in this thread, I take there are two recommendations:
-go straight to Dep1 and seek the Priority line; or
-enter via Dep2, use access behind SP check in (= check in 9/10).

Correct? Does it make sense for to go to level2 before clearing security (if accessible at all)?
While the website does not show crowd levels for next week, I expect a "Peak Day". Would you consider 04.30, 05.00 early enough?

Thanks, any feedback is appreciated.
Old Sep 26, 2022, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TrickMcDave
enter via Dep2, use access behind SP check in
That's the route I would recommend.

If you are arriving by car, get out towards the far end of the Departures 2 drop-off zone. Enter through door F; turn right, walk past the elevators/stairs/inclined travelators on your left (while ignoring the regular security access on your right); make an immediate left and head straight for the Privium ClubLounge entrance (it's very conspicuous); just before you get there turn left, and you will see the "back door" priority security access point right in front of you. Clear that, then go with the flow. Once you've cleared security, turn right and keep walking until you see the stairs down to B & C concourses (amongst others).

If you are arriving by train, then go up to and cross the Plaza; take the elevators/stairs/inclined travelators up to Departures 2; turn left and immediately left again; head straight for the Privium ClubLounge entrance, etc.

It's all pretty straightforward.

Johan
AnaTFN and TrickMcDave like this.
Old Sep 26, 2022, 10:38 am

Thanks for the detailed explanation. We would be arriving by foot from Hilton AMS.
Is the red line the path you are describing? We would then look for the "back door" where the red X is.

GUWonder likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.