Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 16, 2022, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: GUWonder
Short answer: Yes, priority lines are available at Schiphol security checkpoints.

Long answer:
Priority lanes are available at Schiphol for eligible passengers of all airlines at all security checkpoints, and for holders of Privium cards at all checkpoints.

Unlike previously, since the start of 2022 Mess in Amsterdam, access is strictly policed. What this means in practice:
  • Privium card holders always have access, regardless of airline or class of travel.
  • Business class passengers of all airlines have access to priority security for themselves
  • Eligible elites of all alliances have access to priority security for themselves when flying with an alliance airline.
    • The extension of Priority benefits to all passengers on the same PNR is not a common benefit in airlines flying from Amsterdam, and particularly with SkyTeam airlines, while you will be able to check in together in the SkyPriority zone, this does not automatically allow for access to priority security. Unlike previously, access is strictly policed.
  • Select non-status Economy class passengers also have access to priority security, notably those travelling on Eco Flex tickets with Air France KLM.
  • Select low cost airline passengers also have access, for example easyJet Plus card holders travelling on easyJet flights.

What if I or my travelling partner don't fall into any of those categories?
Then you are out of luck. Waving a silver card will not help you. Nor will you be able to take your statusless wife on basis of your FB Gold card.

That said, there were some reports of successful subterfuge. The checkers are not too precise; particularly if one of two passengers has Privium and SP, one might give ones travel partner a BP with SP marked "by mistake" while passing through Privium gate.
Once upstairs/past the human checker, the BP scanner will actually accept a non-coded BP (for now at least).
Print Wikipost

Are there priority security lanes at Schiphol?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2022, 1:55 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Freakin hell. So the only way to enter prio lines for Schengen is through the SP area? And all of Schengen traffic is funneled through Dep 2?
Old Jun 6, 2022, 6:43 am

Programs: BAEC, AZ Club Ulisse, EY Flight Club
Hi everyone,

I am travelling on the 8th june via Schipol with hand-baggage only on KLM flights.
Flight is: LCY-AMS (KL0988) and then AMS-BLQ (KL1591)
It is a connecting flight therefore I am hoping there will be less chaos at controls.
If I am correct, I should only go through passport checks right?
Are there any priority lanes for SkyTeam Elite Plus status?
Any experience with connecting flights in Schipol from a non-schengen to schengen flights in Schipol!

Many thanks for the support
Old Jun 6, 2022, 6:51 am

Programs: FB Silver, Hilton Diamond
There is no priority lane at passport control.
Old Jun 6, 2022, 6:52 am

Programs: FB Plat
Originally Posted by Alberto C.
If I am correct, I should only go through passport checks right?
Are there any priority lanes for SkyTeam Elite Plus status?
Any experience with connecting flights in Schipol from a non-schengen to schengen flights in Schipol!
Correct, passport control and then you can go to your boarding gate.

I have never seen any priority lines for passport control, only privium, which uses a different reader (iris scan instead of passport). What they do sometimes is to call for people with short connections to come forward, or open some desk only for those with short connections, but nothing about status passengers.
Old Jun 6, 2022, 8:58 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Does anyone know if there is also a SkyPriority lane in transfer security? I'll be flying to LHR from SIN next week and I'm worried about the mess...
Old Jun 6, 2022, 9:03 am
zmb

Programs: DL Gold Medallion, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by clubeurope
Does anyone know if there is also a SkyPriority lane in transfer security? I'll be flying to LHR from SIN next week and I'm worried about the mess...
I don't think so, from my one time doing an international transfer at AMS. But SIN is a "safe/clean" airport, so you shouldn't have to go through transfer security: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34265407-post2.html
clubeurope likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2022, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

SIN is a trusted airport of origin, so you should not have to go through security.

Johan
clubeurope likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2022, 9:07 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by zmb
I don't think so, from my one time doing an international transfer at AMS. But SIN is a "safe/clean" airport, so you shouldn't have to go through transfer security: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34265407-post2.html
Originally Posted by johan rebel
SIN is a trusted airport of origin, so you should not have to go through security.

Johan
Many thanks @zmb and Johan! That sure clears things off my mind a bit.
johan rebel and AnaTFN like this.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 8:01 am

Hello All,
Last year we had a blast in Greece and Malta with no lines! This year a bit nervous with all the news on delays. We are US citizens flying from SFO - via AMS - to FLR with a 1:45 min connection. We are flying KLM business, arrive AMS on the June 13th.
1. Will we just have to go thru Passport control and if so approx how long are those lines?
2. Do we have a priority lane or just all together?
3. We will have to retrieve our luggage and go thru customs or will we do that in Florence?
I have read the entire thread and your replies are awesome! I think we will be fine but I haven't flown thru AMS since May 1994.
Cheers,
Arthur
Old Jun 16, 2022, 11:04 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold | Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by mfkne
There is no priority lane at passport control.
There is, but only for Schiphol Privium members - not for SkyPriority
Old Jun 16, 2022, 2:07 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by thehyrax
There is, but only for Schiphol Privium members - not for SkyPriority
Don’t they still have contractors that sometimes help people in the crowd to cut to the front of entry/exit passport control by calling out for people about to miss flights? Or have they given that up?
Old Jun 17, 2022, 2:57 pm

Programs: FB Gold, Hilton Diamond, some others as well
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Don’t they still have contractors that sometimes help people in the crowd to cut to the front of entry/exit passport control by calling out for people about to miss flights? Or have they given that up?
There is a short connection lane for this situation. As far as I know only at airside border control/ transfer security though.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 1:21 am

Programs: FB Plat (Y3), All Accor Gold (Y2)
Point of comparison: CPH

This morning a 20-ish minute wait at regular security, but fast track was a mere minute (basically as long as it took me to get my liquids out of my bag).
Old Jun 23, 2022, 2:02 am

Programs: FB Silver, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by b12e
This morning a 20-ish minute wait at regular security, but fast track was a mere minute (basically as long as it took me to get my liquids out of my bag).
Could have saved a minute then, since taking liquids out is no longer required.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 2:02 am

Programs: FB Plat (Y3), All Accor Gold (Y2)
Originally Posted by mfkne
Could have saved a minute then, since taking liquids out is no longer required.
as far as I know, it is in Copenhagen.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.