Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 16, 2022, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: GUWonder
Short answer: Yes, priority lines are available at Schiphol security checkpoints.

Long answer:
Priority lanes are available at Schiphol for eligible passengers of all airlines at all security checkpoints, and for holders of Privium cards at all checkpoints.

Unlike previously, since the start of 2022 Mess in Amsterdam, access is strictly policed. What this means in practice:
  • Privium card holders always have access, regardless of airline or class of travel.
  • Business class passengers of all airlines have access to priority security for themselves
  • Eligible elites of all alliances have access to priority security for themselves when flying with an alliance airline.
    • The extension of Priority benefits to all passengers on the same PNR is not a common benefit in airlines flying from Amsterdam, and particularly with SkyTeam airlines, while you will be able to check in together in the SkyPriority zone, this does not automatically allow for access to priority security. Unlike previously, access is strictly policed.
  • Select non-status Economy class passengers also have access to priority security, notably those travelling on Eco Flex tickets with Air France KLM.
  • Select low cost airline passengers also have access, for example easyJet Plus card holders travelling on easyJet flights.

What if I or my travelling partner don't fall into any of those categories?
Then you are out of luck. Waving a silver card will not help you. Nor will you be able to take your statusless wife on basis of your FB Gold card.

That said, there were some reports of successful subterfuge. The checkers are not too precise; particularly if one of two passengers has Privium and SP, one might give ones travel partner a BP with SP marked "by mistake" while passing through Privium gate.
Once upstairs/past the human checker, the BP scanner will actually accept a non-coded BP (for now at least).
Print Wikipost

Are there priority security lanes at Schiphol?

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2022, 11:30 am

Programs: Delta GM; FB Plat; HHonors Diamond; Hertz PC; National EE
Originally Posted by cbelletete
Never flown through Schipol. That changes first part of June. Departing AMS-DTW-BNA back home. Flying Delta One and diamond medallion so assuming SkyPriority. Hoping the SP lanes will be open and minimal.
You should have no issues whatsoever. Don't enter any queues outside or in the building, just make sure to get inside the departure terminal. Everything is connected inside, so it really doesn't matter where you enter the terminal building. You can enter directly from the train platforms onto Schiphol Plaza, through the doors on level 0 into Schiphol Plaza or through the doors on level 1 directly into the departures area. Other entry routes are from the concourse to the P1 parking garage and airport Hilton hotel.

Whatever your entry route is, just follow the signs to "Departures 2" and follow the SkyPriority signs there. There will be KLM staff at the entrance to the SkyPriority area checking your ellgibility - which is either a paper or digital boarding pass with SkyPriority logo or a quick show of your Skymiles card in the Delta app.

There is an escalator going up directly from the SkyPriority checkin area which brings you to security, completely seperate from the regular route and queues. The only queue you might see is right after security, where you join back with all other security lanes for exit immigrations. With a US passport, you'll need to enter the middle lane leading to the manned immigrations booths. FYI: the left lane is for the electronic gates, which are only for EU passport holders. The right lane is for crew, diplomats and the automated immigrations gate for pre-cleared members of the Privium program.

When you get through security, take the escalator down, turn to your right for a full 180 degrees and walk towards the "E" gates. About 3/4 of the way in between the "D" and "E" concourses, you'll see two escalators on your right with loads of KLM Delfts blue houses lining the walls. That is the entrance to the KLM crown lounge. Take the escalator up and scan your boarding pass at the automated kiosks for entry.
jerry_greece and cbelletete like this.
Old May 24, 2022, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by roelb
You should have no issues whatsoever. Don't enter any queues outside or in the building, just make sure to get inside the departure terminal...
Super detailed and helpful. Thanks!
Old May 24, 2022, 12:41 pm

Programs: KL Gold, SQ KF Gold, CX Green
The only queue you might see is right after security, where you join back with all other security lanes for exit immigrations. With a US passport, you'll need to enter the middle lane leading to the manned immigrations booths. FYI: the left lane is for the electronic gates, which are only for EU passport holders.
US passport holders can use the electronic gates when leaving Schengen @ AMS.
hhdl likes this.
Old May 24, 2022, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You can enter directly . . . through the doors on level 1 directly into the departures area.
One or more of those may well be closed, depending what state of chaos the airport happens to be in, or else for no apparent reason. The other day door F was closed. Couldn't figure out why, and this morning it was open.

Johan
irishguy28 likes this.
Old May 27, 2022, 2:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Platinum, LY Silver
Thanks again to everyone who helped me. Here was my experience:

* I showed up at 7:55 and there were already about 50 people queueing for the El Al desks (check-in area 32), though we all knew they wouldn't open until 8:25am
* They opened at 8:25am promptl
* There was no separate queue for business until after they looked at my passport, at which point it split
* It took 25 minutes to clear check-in using the business line once they opened the desks
* There was indeed a priority line for security, but didn't seem to help much as the regular line was very well staffed and moved faster than the priority line.
* It took 25 minutes to clean security in the priority line
* Passport control took 20 minutes

So all in, not bad. It was helpful to have all the information from HadesNL and tourguide 🙏
Old May 27, 2022, 1:29 pm

Programs: Delta GM; FB Plat; HHonors Diamond; Hertz PC; National EE
You were flying El Al, which uses the departures 3 hall, together with most non-EU and non-Skyteam airlines. D3 is also the location that currently has the most issues.

KLM and Delta use a different departures hall (#2) with it's own seperate security filter area. Also, departures 2 has a completely seperate SkyPriority checkin area, which also has it's own escalator up to security. So traveling either in business or having Elite status or higher, you should not see any real queue until after security, where you merge with all other passengers for passport control. That queue is always limited though, as the area in between security and exit immigrations is quite small, physically limiting the queue size. When full, they will simply process fewer people at the security lanes. I've never been in any sort of queue at the SkyPriority security lane though.
Old May 30, 2022, 2:06 pm

Hi, I am scheduled to fly Business Class with Lufthansa from AMS to FRA this week, no checked baggage. Is there a priority lane to get through security? Thanks.
Old May 30, 2022, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

https://fastlane.lufthansa.com/

And welcome to FT.
msregister likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 9:58 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Originally Posted by yonajon
Thanks again to everyone who helped me. Here was my experience:

* I showed up at 7:55 and there were already about 50 people queueing for the El Al desks (check-in area 32), though we all knew they wouldn't open until 8:25am
It was helpful to have all the information from HadesNL and tourguide 🙏
Happy to have been of help!
Thank you for letting us know that passengers are coming earlier to the checkin counters, even before it opens!
Old Jun 2, 2022, 6:49 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Any recent experiences using Priority Security at Departures 1 or 2 recently? Not SkyPriority, but 'regular' Priority offered by other airlines. From what it looks like on pictures the long lines at Departures 1 use all entry gates to security, not leaving any free for Priority use. Any recent experiences on getting priority access when there's a long line out the door for regular economy?
Old Jun 2, 2022, 8:23 am

I was wondering the same. Flying out on Saturday (*A gold).

If not, could i flag my platinum card at KLM check-in area and get from there to the dedicated security line?
Old Jun 2, 2022, 8:38 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Xandrios
Any recent experiences using Priority Security at Departures 1 or 2 recently? Not SkyPriority, but 'regular' Priority offered by other airlines. From what it looks like on pictures the long lines at Departures 1 use all entry gates to security, not leaving any free for Priority use. Any recent experiences on getting priority access when there's a long line out the door for regular economy?
Walk behind the KLM Skypriority check-in area, use the oneway gates, the wrong direction from the back, you can just pull them open ;-), then up escalator and you're there. ;-)
I do think you need to have priority for the BP scanners to accept you once upstairs, so only works if you actually have priority, (or Privium).
Old Jun 2, 2022, 11:44 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
That's a route I was considering, however I'm not sure if those scanners will check for general priority...or for Skyteam priority specifically. Also for *A flights the BP would likely say Departures 1 (And KLM Skypriority is in Departures 2). Would the scanners not bark since technically its the wrong departure area? Would be a bit of a walk-of-shame to have to go back down the stairs
lloydje33 likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 2:17 pm

Programs: FB Gold, Hilton Diamond, some others as well
Dont worry. The BP scanners at AMS prio lane even recognise non-priority boardingpasses. As long as the pass is valid the gate will open.
Xandrios likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 3:17 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by lloydje33
Dont worry. The BP scanners at AMS prio lane even recognise non-priority boardingpasses. As long as the pass is valid the gate will open.
This seems.. incredibly stupid of them.

However others have reported not being able to get bring guests into priority security. So I'm not sure that's correct.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.