Community
Wiki Posts
Search

KLM Crown Lounge access with connecting train ticket

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2022, 11:23 am
Original Poster

KLM Crown Lounge access with connecting train ticket

If I (FB Plat) book a single ticket with KLM that includes a flight to AMS and then a connection on Thalys from Schiphol, will they let me into the Schengen Lounge after the flight, before exiting the airside area?

The flight arrives quite early, so I would prefer to take a later train, if I can wait in the lounge.

HBO of course. Thanks!

Edit: Sorry, I just saw the "Arrival lounge" thread, so if I have access as an arriving FB Plat (I wish I knew about this many years ago!) then the connecting train is just an extra detail.

Last edited by DeppityDawg; May 21, 2022 at 11:41 am
Old May 21, 2022, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DeppityDawg
I have access as an arriving FB Plat (I wish I knew about this many years ago!) then the connecting train is just an extra detail.
Exactly. You have access as an arriving FB Plat, and KLM couldn't care less what you do or where you go after you leave the lounge.

Johan
Old Oct 25, 2023, 7:44 am

Programs: BA Gold, Sixt Platinum
I've read the Arrival Lounge Threat but I'm still confused and have the same question as the OP in this threat.

When travelling on an itinerary such as this one, would a SkyTeam Elite Plus member (non-FB) get lounge access before leaving airside and heading to the train?
Old Nov 3, 2023, 8:33 am
Original Poster

I am transiting in AMS today, so I asked the front desk at Lounge 25. I am not 100% sure if they got what I was asking, but as far as I could understand, anyone who would have lounge access as a departing or transit passenger also gets arrival privileges at AMS.

So any SkyTeam E+ status, not just FB. And/or business class etc.
EDDLEGLL likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2023, 8:35 am
Original Poster

duplicate

Last edited by DeppityDawg; Nov 3, 2023 at 8:36 am Reason: dup
Old Nov 3, 2023, 12:34 pm

If you have a boarding pass for your train segment (the KL22X flights are automatically given a BP) you should be fine. I have done the same both with train and KLM bus boarding passes (disclaimer I am FB plat).
Old Nov 3, 2023, 2:11 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
Sideways related: does anyone know how long in advance the train segments open for booking? It seems that at this moment I can only book train connections up till mid-March '24?

Edit: Nevermind, I should have searched a bit better as the Eurostar website indicates that train ticket booking usually opens 120 days ahead. The last available date for KLM-Eurostar connections is 133 days from now, so that must be it (more or less).

https://help.eurostar.com/faq/rw-en/...rostar-tickets

Last edited by KL895; Nov 3, 2023 at 4:12 pm
Old Nov 4, 2023, 10:26 am

Programs: FB Plat (Y3), All Accor Gold (Y2)
Originally Posted by KL895
Sideways related: does anyone know how long in advance the train segments open for booking? It seems that at this moment I can only book train connections up till mid-March '24?

Edit: Nevermind, I should have searched a bit better as the Eurostar website indicates that train ticket booking usually opens 120 days ahead. The last available date for KLM-Eurostar connections is 133 days from now, so that must be it (more or less).

https://help.eurostar.com/faq/rw-en/...rostar-tickets
I booked VLC-AMS-Antwerp early august for early february. Eurostar (then Thalys) didn't allow me to book that far out; but KLM did. A round trip Y for €140.

Unfortunately, since, Thalys/Eurostar cancelled all trains AMS/Antwerp for 5 weekends early 2024, so KLM rebooked me to depart Brussels instead.

I'm now doing Valencia-Schiphol-Antwerp and to return Antwerp-Brussels-Amsterdam-Valencia.

But to get back on point, I booked august 10 for a February 2 journey, which is almost 180 days out (176 days)
Old Nov 5, 2023, 2:11 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
Originally Posted by b12e
I booked VLC-AMS-Antwerp early august for early february. Eurostar (then Thalys) didn't allow me to book that far out; but KLM did. A round trip Y for €140.

Unfortunately, since, Thalys/Eurostar cancelled all trains AMS/Antwerp for 5 weekends early 2024, so KLM rebooked me to depart Brussels instead.

I'm now doing Valencia-Schiphol-Antwerp and to return Antwerp-Brussels-Amsterdam-Valencia.

But to get back on point, I booked august 10 for a February 2 journey, which is almost 180 days out (176 days)
Thanks for that data point - must be another logic than what I thought then...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.