Wiki Posts
Search

777-300 Row 6?

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2022, 12:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
777-300 Row 6?

I just wonder how noisey it can gets on row 6, I m not afraid of the galley I m more afraid of infants in my back, my only two options on that flight (to sit together with my partner are 2D & 2G or 6H & 6K - I m tending to row 6 since I like a window seat, but no noise please.

Any thoughts.
Old May 4, 2022, 6:25 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Ultimate, LATAM Black, Vistara Gold, Accor/IHG Platinum, Marriott/Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Ed Size
I just wonder how noisey it can gets on row 6, I m not afraid of the galley I m more afraid of infants in my back, my only two options on that flight (to sit together with my partner are 2D & 2G or 6H & 6K - I m tending to row 6 since I like a window seat, but no noise please.

Any thoughts.
Most of our flights happen in rows 2 or 3, but several times during IRROPS and last moment purchases, we have occasionally ended up in row 6. Never had a bad experience there, and a few of our most memorable flights happened there. The small cabin feels quite private after the curtains are closed. In our experience, we never had noise problems. The only thing that puts us off the seat is that it feels a bit exposed during boarding.
Ed Size likes this.
Old May 4, 2022, 8:23 pm

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
I have never spent a whole flight in row 6 but I do check it out now and again. Personally I always come to the conclusion that the ambient noise there is always more noticeable than in the front cabin. Maybe because you are directly next to the engines?
Ed Size likes this.
Old May 5, 2022, 1:08 am

Programs: FB Silver, Hilton Diamond
I have been in row 6 several times, never had problems with the sound from behind, but really was bothered by the traffic of flight attendants, since the galley that's in front of row 6 is used for catering to economy class. The forward cabin is considerably quieter.
Old May 5, 2022, 7:38 am
In memoriam

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
Originally Posted by sbams
I have never spent a whole flight in row 6 but I do check it out now and again. Personally I always come to the conclusion that the ambient noise there is always more noticeable than in the front cabin. Maybe because you are directly next to the engines?

I would be more concerned when the ambient noise goes quiet
EvD86 and sbams like this.
Old May 6, 2022, 11:29 pm

I travelled row 6 on red eye flights. I liked the small cabin, feels really private. But, during taxi, take off and landing the seat is a bit open to Y-class when the curtain is open.

And indeed, just a small wall between them and Y+, so an upset infant would be noticeable I guess
Old May 7, 2022, 6:42 am

I’ve never sat there, but believe it’s also the area where bassinets for baby’s are located in WBC, I could be wrong.
Old May 7, 2022, 7:05 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
For sure the Economy bassinets are right behind that (thin) wall. Most flights don't have issues with crying babies...but every now and then you could be unlucky.
Old May 10, 2022, 2:17 pm

Programs: Marriott titanium, KL/AF FB Ulti
Originally Posted by Escape
I’ve never sat there, but believe it’s also the area where bassinets for baby’s are located in WBC, I could be wrong.
You're fully right, the 2 middle aisle seats in row 6 on the 777s have baby baskets. So either you book these seats yourself, or you risk having babies not even behind you (row 10 Y) of right next to you in row 6 J. Depending of the route there could be serious amounts of kids on board. Routes like PBM or CUR have more often babies in row 6 than in row 10.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.