Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"KLM to get new Business class seats with doors"

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2022, 4:19 am

Given how many seats are going to be installed I expect there will still be a mini-cabin, however it will be more than one row (probably two) so not quite as mini as it is today.

I don't know the sizing of these new seats but using AF's current 777 seat as a baseline they fit 28 in the forward cabin, the size of which is relatively static because of the location of the L/R2 doors. To arrive at 35 seats they need two rows in a mini-cabin. I assume the main cabin will be missing one seat in the last row on the starboard window side (just like that side is now missing one row) and the mini-cabin will be two full rows.
Escape and Didymis like this.

Last edited by CyBeR; Aug 16, 2022 at 4:33 am
Old Aug 18, 2022, 4:29 pm

- According to Luchtvaartnieuws* the first flight with the retrofitted interior is planned on the 31st of August to New York.
- The seatmap on EF on that day, with the 781, indicates economy to start at row 17.

*https://luchtvaartnieuws.nl/nieuws/c......-aanstaande

Last edited by Escape; Aug 18, 2022 at 4:58 pm
Old Aug 18, 2022, 6:19 pm

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum, TK Star Alliance Gold
The retrofitted interior on the 787’s will - for now - only consist of the new Premium Comfort product. Not the a new World Business Class (with doors). That product will come to the 777’s first.

On another note: according to a Senior Purser I spoke recently, the mini cabin in row 6 will still be a thing on the 777’s.
Old Sep 1, 2022, 3:51 pm

Hi-

By any chance did the Pursur tell you when the first class cabins in the 777 would be upgraded?

Thanks!

Justin
Old Sep 1, 2022, 3:59 pm

Programs: FB Plat (Y3), All Accor Gold (Y2)
Originally Posted by gaucho20
Hi-

By any chance did the Pursur tell you when the first class cabins in the 777 would be upgraded?

Thanks!

Justin
KLM doesn't have first class, only business.

see KLM to introduce 'real' premium economy for more information. 777s in 2023 get the new Premium comfort while simultaneously getting Business' 1-2-1 configuration.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.