Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No more masks from 23 March

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2022, 3:27 am

Programs: FlyingBlue
Originally Posted by the810
On the other hand, most countries that still have mask mandates will likely keep them despite EASA no longer recommending them, with the Netherlands being an exception.
Hold your hopes up: France did exactly the contrary.
There were standing strong on the mask mandate... yet removed it the same day the EU recommendation was lifted.

So there are definitely countries (at least one, and not the smallest) dutifully following the recommendation.
irishguy28, the810 and JorgeGomez like this.
Old May 12, 2022, 5:08 am

Programs: FB Silver, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by the810
This news is being misinterpreted a lot. There was never any mandatory requirement on the EU-level.
Even the Dutch government fell for that (maybe on purpose) - they claimed that the mask mandate in aviation could not be dropped due to EU rules.
the810 likes this.
Old May 12, 2022, 6:51 am

Originally Posted by mfkne
Even the Dutch government fell for that (maybe on purpose) - they claimed that the mask mandate in aviation could not be dropped due to EU rules.
Oh, they knew better.

But it is always nice to avoid any accountability when you can point to others.
the810 likes this.
Old May 13, 2022, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well, the Dutch government and Outbreak Mismanagement Team have finally rescinded the mandate. However, they could not resist the temptation to prolong the misery another week, so only from May 21st.

Johan
the810 and Carel1 like this.
Old May 13, 2022, 9:30 am

Programs: FB Plat (Y3), All Accor Gold (Y2)
Originally Posted by johan rebel
Well, the Dutch government and Outbreak Mismanagement Team have finally rescinded the mandate. However, they could not resist the temptation to prolong the misery another week, so only from May 21st.

Johan
I do know I won't wear one on Tuesday when I get to AMS. So far I've followed their rule to the tee, but it's getting ridiculous now. Last week I saw more Kmar without mask than with, and that was airside. If even they say "f you", why wouldn't I?
Old May 13, 2022, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by b12e
I do know I won't wear one on Tuesday when I get to AMS. So far I've followed their rule to the tee, but it's getting ridiculous now. Last week I saw more Kmar without mask than with, and that was airside. If even they say "f you", why wouldn't I?
I certainly didn't wear one airside last Tuesday. Only a tiny minority did.

Johan
Old May 15, 2022, 3:22 pm

Programs: FB Plat, *A Gold
Arrived on AMS Wednesday. The crew mentioned masks are still required, but didn't say anything as 75% of the passengers didn't wear them. Also in the airport my estimation was that around 80% did not wear one.

Returning Saturday, before security no one telling you to put on a mask anymore. Maybe 10% of the pax was wearing one. So in fact the rule isn't existing anymore.
Old May 16, 2022, 11:35 am

KLM South Africa posted on their FB page (bolding mine...)
KLM is pleased to announce that as of May 21, the use of face masks is no longer mandatory on board aircrafts to the Netherlands and at Dutch airports.
If the country of destination still requires the use of face masks on board, passengers should comply.
Old May 16, 2022, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by Ditto
KLM South Africa posted on their FB page (bolding mine...)
Excellent news.
Old May 17, 2022, 4:14 am

Programs: FB Plat (Y3), All Accor Gold (Y2)
Sitrep sitting in AMS this morning:

- hardly anybody has a mask on
- those who do - in general- are of age, or asian
- even at the security filters nobody asks for it any longer (2 weeks ago, when passing security, they would still remind you)
- the automatic announcements are still there every other minute or so, to the point I just put on noise canceling headphones because it's even more annoying to hear the covid announcements than it is to sit next to one of those imaginary working walkways saying 'mind your step' every 3 seconds.
- no KL, Schiphol or other staff wears a mask

edit: important to note the KL staff when disembarking said it's no longer necessary😄
Old May 17, 2022, 9:36 am
Suspended

It's funny how few people here seem to be able to draw the connection between the general dropping / poor compliance with mask mandates in the Netherlands, high rates of workers absent because of illness and the insanely long lines at Schiphol (which was already facing structural labor issues before).
Bogwoppit and Xandrios like this.
Old May 17, 2022, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mpkz
It's funny how few people here seem to be able to draw the connection between the general dropping / poor compliance with mask mandates in the Netherlands, high rates of workers absent because of illness and the insanely long lines at Schiphol (which was already facing structural labor issues before).
The funny thing is that I fail to see any correlation, let alone causation.

Johan
Fabo.sk and KLBGO like this.
Old May 17, 2022, 11:35 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Thats not a great metric. Covid cases are no longer counted (Except infections of people working in healthcare) and that graph therefore doesn't show anything useful. It's almost impossible to now get a clear picture of the number of infected people, but fact is that many business are reporting high numbers of illness with employees.
mpkz likes this.
Old May 17, 2022, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Then we will have to wait for the April sick leave stats to be released, and see if there's been a noticeable increase since the mask mandates were rescinded.

Johan
the810 likes this.
Old May 17, 2022, 4:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EuroBonus, FlyingBlue Gold
Originally Posted by Xandrios
Thats not a great metric. Covid cases are no longer counted (Except infections of people working in healthcare) and that graph therefore doesn't show anything useful. It's almost impossible to now get a clear picture of the number of infected people, but fact is that many business are reporting high numbers of illness with employees.
Testing is no longer a relevant metric. However hospitalizations, deaths, virus count in sewer and healthcare surveys all shows that cases are still decreasing. Problems at Schiphol is due to recruiting issues and not due to sickness leaves.
the810 and KLBGO like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.