Community
Wiki Posts
Search

KLM Economy seat choice at check in

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2022, 4:47 pm
Original Poster

KLM Economy seat choice at check in

Taking my first KLM flight since 2007(!) in March. UK-AMS-Caribbean & return. I can pay for seat selection in advance or wait until check in. At online checkin, do all seats become free of charge to select? I’m guessing perhaps not economy comfort, but what about “front section seats” or exit row seats?

Also are (alcoholic) drinks paid or free in economy?

Hoping to be able to buy up to Business for the return long haul (overnight) leg at online check in or at the airport. If it’s in the €500-600 range I would go for it, as the original Economy ticket was a very good deal.

Last question: does online check-in open up for the long haul leg at the same time as for the short UK-AMS
hop, or is it 30hrs before each leg?
Old Jan 30, 2022, 5:13 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Nikko5
At online checkin, do all seats become free of charge to select?
No , depends on your status or not , and which type of fares you booked you need (light / standard / flex) you will have to pay to choose (usually between €24 and €140 for long haul flights) or get assigned a random seat at checkin

but what about “front section seats” or exit row seats?
You also need to pay and they are more expensive than regular seats

Also are (alcoholic) drinks paid or free in economy?
Yes but its limited to beer or wine as far as i remember

Hoping to be able to buy up to Business for the return long haul (overnight) leg at online check in or at the airport. If it’s in the €500-600 range I would go for it, as the original Economy ticket was a very good deal.
depends on destination and also on lot of factors , but it will be around these values at least . Check the thread about olci with KLM

last time i flew to barbados , prices were around €600 for the transatlantic upgrade

Last question: does online check-in open up for the long haul leg at the same time as for the short UK-AMS
hop, or is it 30hrs before each leg?
Online check-in for all your flights open 30h before first flight
Old Feb 1, 2022, 4:29 am

Programs: FB Plat, ALL Silver, HH Silver
Originally Posted by fifty_two
No , depends on your status or not , and which type of fares you booked you need (light / standard / flex) you will have to pay to choose (usually between €24 and €140 for long haul flights) or get assigned a random seat at checkin
As far as I am aware, the standard (i.e. not economy+ or emergency exits) seats are still free on check-in. However, you have to pay to reserve your seat during booking/before check-in period. If you are platinum then all seats in your booking class should be free.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.