Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What’s the point of Upload @Home ?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2022, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by feederflight
Btw, never had any issues on AF in CDG - Ready2Fly meant Ready2Fly. Period.
Very true.
Old Feb 13, 2022, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by feederflight
Same here, Upload@Home, confirmation email and Ready2Fly on the mobile boarding pass.

However, KLM doesn't care at all about their very own program. In transit @ AMS, I got directed to the dedicated PCR Test verification checkpoint where they simply looked at my Boarding Pass and put a sticker on my Passport. KLM staff emphasized that this would be a KLM rule, even for approved Upload@Home. Alrighty then, just another obscure KLM thing without any added value.

At the boarding gate, no one checked if there was a sticker on the passport, I did not even have to show it. They just scanned the boarding pass (which anyway hat the R2F) and there I went.

Conclusion: nothing but ridiculous circus without any real benefit.

If they want to carry out physical document checks in AMS - fair enough and I don't have any issues with that. But then, they should stop this Upload@Home bla bla immediately.

Btw, never had any issues on AF in CDG - Ready2Fly meant Ready2Fly. Period.
I think KLM agents at AMS just aren't trained well. I've had them tell me I keep the CDC attestation form and hand in to US authorities.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 4:30 am

KLM agents are just policing the queues at the checkpoint. The ones putting the sticker onto the passport are from G4S, means outsourced.

It is utter nonsense to first encourage pax to upload whatever is required for their destination online, only to let them go through the very same protocol in AMS as those who didn't use the upload option.

The only difference was that they had a separate queue for R2F, but the process was the same. So, you are R2F, but for KLM in AMS you are not. That IS ridiculous and doesn't help the matter at all. And of course it is inconveniencing passengers.

KLM seems to have a sweet tooth for such circus. Last year, they had some different nonsense in place and the agents told me that it would be a destination country requirement. I asked why their siblings in Paris are not doing that circus for the very same destination (no other airline to the same destination did that) she got angry since I was apparently asking the wrong question

Same last week, I asked if that is making any sense in connection with R2F and Upload@Home. A question the KLM agent didn't like at all and couldn't answer.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 6:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
TBH, most of the various " travel ready" programs are useless on most airline. The only one I've had good luck with, UA. You show the BP it says TravelReady and that is end of discussion.

Most airlines their outstations especially seem to ignore/have no clue of these various programs.
Old May 25, 2022, 2:53 am

Programs: FB Silver, Hilton Diamond
I uploaded my vaccination certificate for a flight in 9 days. It was rejected, saying I can only upload documents 5 days in advance
Old May 25, 2022, 6:06 am

Programs: FB Plat (Y3), All Accor Gold (Y2)
Originally Posted by mfkne
I uploaded my vaccination certificate for a flight in 9 days. It was rejected, saying I can only upload documents 5 days in advance
my CUR immigration document was rejected because I filled it in more than 48 hours in advance.

it is actually allowed and recommended to fill in as soon as you can. Not the passenger locator form, the other one.

I already had the month old document printed, so modified the PDF to have a more recent date on it but still presented the old original document at passport control in CUR on paper. As expected, not an issue at all. And the very same document (with new manipulated issue date) was accepted by ready2fly.
Old May 26, 2022, 1:27 pm

Programs: Delta DM 1MM, AA Plat 2 MM, Marriott Ambassador & LTP, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Ready to Fly has worked GREAt for me on two trips in May (BER-AMS-JFK, and AMS-JFK). Both times the agents referred to the fact I had sent in my docs and did not ask to see them. Was great.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.