FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   KLM Flying Dutchman (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/klm-flying-dutchman-493/)
-   -   Rebooking for cancelled segment (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/klm-flying-dutchman/2057699-rebooking-cancelled-segment.html)

mikem004 Nov 3, 2021 9:41 am

Rebooking for cancelled segment

I have a trip booked to Las Vegas in January:
LBA-AMS-LAS Outward
LAS-SLC-AMS-LBA Return

For the return leg, the original AMS-LBA flight KL1545 has been cancelled and I have been rebooked automatically on the later AMS-LBA KL1549 flight.
I think this is because KL1545 has been rescheduled to only run on a Saturday. I arrive in AMS on a Friday.
However, the substitute is unsatisfactory, as it now leaves me with a 8-9 hour layover in AMS.
Will I be able to rebook my itinerary free of charge, so that my return leg from LAS is one day later? Thus allowing me to catch the KL1545.

mikem004 Nov 3, 2021 11:00 am

Another option might be to change the AMS-LBA leg to AMS-MAN.
More flights per day, but means a journey back to LBA to pick up my car.

mfkne Nov 3, 2021 11:09 am

KLM are very flexible at the moment, and certainly in cases like this they are likely to accommodate your request.

mikem004 Nov 3, 2021 11:17 am

Originally Posted by mfkne (Post 33698734)
KLM are very flexible at the moment, and certainly in cases like this they are likely to accommodate your request.

I will think over my options and call the Premium Service Line tomorrow.

Billy Mumphrey Nov 4, 2021 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by mikem004 (Post 33698762)
I will think over my options and call the Premium Service Line tomorrow.

I think either switching your return to a nearby city like MAN on the original date of travel or shifting travel by one day to maintain a reasonable connection time should both be options without any difference in fare. Push for whatever works best for you and HUCA if necessary.

For reference, in summer 2020 flights to the US were quite limited and my AMS-IAD was cancelled because the route was changed form daily to 3x weekly. I was left with an almost 24 hour layover in AMS and KLM adjusted my date of travel by one day so I would fly both flights on the same day with a reasonable layover.

mikem004 Nov 7, 2021 11:57 am

I found the Premium Service Line was busy, most of the time. First time I managed to get through, the agent said he couldn't hear me (I was on a landline). Second time I got through, I was forwarded to a disconnected extension. Very poor service.
So yesterday I tried the online chat on the web site and requested my itinerary to start and end in MAN. More flights to AMS per day, more flexibility.I supplied the flight numbers for my preferred itinerary.
I *think* this has gone through. Some changes have popped in My Trip. But it also lists my old itinerary. And I haven't received an updated ticket, yet. Maybe the back office only works Monday to Friday. We'll see next week.

mikem004 Nov 12, 2021 8:40 am

I don't know what to do about this. I requested the change on Saturday, it is now the following Friday.
My requested changes have gone into My Trip, which is good I suppose. But my old itinerary is still in My Trip. It's a mess. ..according to My Trip I am booked on LBA-AMS and MAN-AMS, which depart at roughly at the same time.
And I still haven't received an updated ticket with the changed itinerary.
Must I chase this up yet again?!

archerjohn Nov 12, 2021 2:09 pm

I found the Facebook messenger service really good for getting things done and fast reply.

mikem004 Nov 13, 2021 9:35 am

Just called the KLM Premium Service Line. Automated reply:
"The call waiting time is over 45 mins. Therefore, we will disconnect the call now...."
It was never that bad, pre COVID.

mikem004 Nov 14, 2021 4:23 am

It seems the Ticketing Department has not yet rebooked my ticket, 8 days after the request!
The chat agent has promised to contact them again and "get back in touch" if there are no updates in the next 24 hours.

mikem004 Nov 19, 2021 8:08 am

@archerjohn: I've tried the Messenger chat service. I get past the initial "chatbot" questions OK, then "I'll hand you over to a service agent" or whatever. Then no reply.
Just like the so-called Premium Service Line. No reply.
I've been trying to contact KLM for a week now to discuss rebooking options. I'm fed up and thinking of just cancelling the flight altogether, book a new flight and swallow the £150 price difference.

archerjohn Nov 19, 2021 1:07 pm

I just went here https://www.facebook.com/KLM/ sent a message and they got back to in about 3 minutes

mikem004 Nov 22, 2021 3:46 am

Finally got this rebooked via Facebook Messenger. But it took most of the weekend...
-------
Sat 17:42 Posted message on Facebook Messenger, with flight numbers for my preferred rebooking
Sun 07:59 KLM reply: Availability is OK. Do you want to proceed?
Sun 09:09 (Just got out of bed) I sent a reply: Yes, please proceed.
Sun 21:34 Received reply: Our colleagues will rebook you.
Sun 22:47 Received email with updated ticket.
------
Not exactly instant messaging.
But it highlights the fact that the KLM backroom staff are very busy at the moment. Maybe they are concentrating on just rebooking flights on a day-to-day basis. My long haul flight is in January.
Anyway, I am flying from MAN now. More flights per day, more flexibility if there are cancellations.