Schiphol for transit passengers: COVID requirements

Old Sep 20, 21, 2:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: KLM FB Gold, BA, LH M&M
Schiphol for transit passengers: COVID requirements

What are the COVID requirements for transit passengers at Schiphol?
Looking at a trip such as MAN->AMS->LAS, now that UK/EU to USA retrictions are being relaxed.
Old Sep 20, 21, 3:00 pm

Programs: DL DM
Their FAQ here lists some answers: https://bonaire.klm.com/en/informati...rport-on-board

The big ones are:
  • All passengers travelling from, to or via Schiphol Airport are required by the Dutch government to fill out a health declaration. You will fill out this declaration automatically during check-in and you don’t need to bring a paper copy of the health declaration.
  • You must meet documentation, entry, and testing requirements of your destination from AMS
Old Sep 20, 21, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by mikem004 View Post
What are the COVID requirements for transit passengers at Schiphol?
Looking at a trip such as MAN->AMS->LAS, now that UK/EU to USA retrictions are being relaxed.
The US entry requirements will be relaxed only from early november (exact date unknown). Knowing this, discussing NL transit requirements is way too early. It can change several times between now and then. Worst case scenario is to need a test, but you'll need it anyway for US entry.
Old Sep 20, 21, 6:51 pm

Originally Posted by atrich View Post
Their FAQ here lists some answers: https://bonaire.klm.com/en/informati...rport-on-board
You will fill out this declaration automatically during check-in and you dont need to bring a paper copy of the health declaration.
If arriving having checked in with a supporting carrier, i.e. KLM in most situations. (Actual list is KLM, Corendon, TUI, Transavia or Easyjet according to the ministry of health). For other carriers you will need to print it after which most likely no one will look at it.
Old Sep 21, 21, 2:43 am

Programs: Hertz - Presidents Circle; Delta Skymiles - platinum medallion
Search for KLM TravelDoc

It is a useful resource on the KLM website where you can enter your destinations (transit as a multi-leg itinerary with immediate connection dates) and the documents you have (nationality, passport, permanent residence card, visa, etc.)
The site will display all the current requirements / restrictions for your trip
FlyingBlonde89 likes this.
Old Sep 21, 21, 3:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: KLM FB Gold, BA, LH M&M
Thanks for the replies. I will do some more research. It seems that the requirements at Schiphol may be subject to change.
Planning to travel in Jan 2022. Double vacced, so should not require a test to enter the US.
I would check in for the outward leg with KLM, with Delta for the return leg.
Old Sep 21, 21, 3:19 am

Programs: FB Platinum, Hilton Gold, ALL Silver
It seems that the requirements at Schiphol may be subject to change
That may be the understatement of the century. It makes no sense to check any requirements any sooner than 2-4 weeks before travel, and then again days before.
FlyingBlonde89 likes this.
Old Sep 21, 21, 6:21 am

Programs: WN, DL, UA, AA, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Double vacced, so should not require a test to enter the US.
Everything I've read says that you'll still need a test. But the final rules haven't been announced yet.
Old Sep 21, 21, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Planning to travel in Jan 2022. Double vacced, so should not require a test to enter the US.
Test will be required to enter the US, even if vaccinated. It may change between now and January.
Old Sep 21, 21, 10:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Thanks for the replies. I will do some more research. It seems that the requirements at Schiphol may be subject to change.
I would check in for the outward leg with KLM, with Delta for the return leg.
Even USA citizens and permanent residents will continue to be required to show a negative test (antigen or PCR) taken with three days of travel. The supervised (video-conference) home tests are OK.
Old Sep 22, 21, 8:23 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
Even USA citizens and permanent residents will continue to be required to show a negative test (antigen or PCR) taken with three days of travel. The supervised (video-conference) home tests are OK.
Psaki said *one* day at the most recent press conference, though this may apply only to unvaccinated Americans:

MS. PSAKI: So, there would still be requirements for these — for individuals — Americans who are not vaccinated — including providing proof of a negative test result taken within one day of their departure and providing proof they have purchased a viral test to be taken after arrival for Americans who are not fully vaccinated — which, at this point, would obviously apply to children as well.
Of course no policy is actually written down anywhere yet so I suppose all could still change anyway.
Old Sep 23, 21, 7:11 am

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Is there any specific date defined yet for the policy change in November?
Old Sep 26, 21, 6:00 pm

Not officially, but many are assuming November 1st. Which given how far out November is I believe makes sense.
Old Sep 27, 21, 8:05 am

Programs: ST E+, *G, some hotel gold...
Then I predict many will be sorely disappointed. I wouldn't count on it until the Thanksgiving travel season, so maybe 17th, 18th... essentially the weekend before.
Old Sep 27, 21, 8:26 am

They did specifically state *early* November, which the 17th and beyond definitely is not.

Search this Thread