Catering updates 2021

Old Jun 4, 2023, 11:28 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Eurobonus Silver, ALL Gold
On the return we got completely different dishes, another thing that KL is incapable of doing.

No printed menu this time but the choice was cabbage veal parcel or mushroom omelette.

And short haul was a pork roast (I think)
hugolover likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2023, 12:51 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Funny thing is if you went to the LH forum and dared suggest Heimat is good, they would practically run you out of town.

To be (somewhat) fair, ATH service is only so good because they are competing with Aegean on the route, who is one of the airlines known for their great onboard service.
orbitmic, Maestro Ramen and hhdl like this.
Old Jun 4, 2023, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
Funny thing is if you went to the LH forum and dared suggest Heimat is good, they would practically run you out of town.

To be (somewhat) fair, ATH service is only so good because they are competing with Aegean on the route, who is one of the airlines known for their great onboard service.
Indeed, I have had some pretty pathetic stuff in LH C where things vary a lot based on route and time of day.

Having said that, KL is not getting any better, and that insistence on deciding on behalf of customers whether they should turn vegetarian or not frankly gets on my nerves (even as someone who doesn't mind eating vegetarian meals several times a week but I consider that it is noone else's business to decide for me if and when).
Solevita and physicsdude like this.
Old Jun 7, 2023, 6:28 am

Programs: BA Gold, easyJet Plus, YHA platinum, Amex Centurion, Peugeot owners club, Stagecoach gold rider
KL835 SIN-DPS

Once again the PA had a gluten free meal:

tff, Xandrios and Arpoador like this.
Old Jun 7, 2023, 7:59 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, BA Bronze, Ex-skywards Platnium
Originally Posted by TarquinMontague
KL835 SIN-DPS
That looks like a proper mid-restaurant meal imo.
TarquinMontague likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2023, 3:46 pm

Programs: UL, TG
HNML Business Class

Hi all,

I have a business class flight to manila in October 2023.
I like the look of the current meal offerings advertised on the KL website which seem to be Thai delicacies.

Is there any idea how frequently meals are rotated and what upcoming menus are possibly going to be.

My other option would be to order HNML which is food that I like. Does anyone have any idea what recent HNML meals have been or what may be likely, and whether these meals are likely to contain fish or seafood, as I really dislike fish and seafood so could I take the risk.

Also what are KL like if you order a special meal which contains something you cant eat, could you order from the main menu.

Many thanks in advance .
Narry
Old Jun 7, 2023, 4:14 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, BA Bronze, Ex-skywards Platnium
Originally Posted by Narongsuk
Hi all,

I have a business class flight to manila in October 2023.
I like the look of the current meal offerings advertised on the KL website which seem to be Thai delicacies.

Is there any idea how frequently meals are rotated and what upcoming menus are possibly going to be.

My other option would be to order HNML which is food that I like. Does anyone have any idea what recent HNML meals have been or what may be likely, and whether these meals are likely to contain fish or seafood, as I really dislike fish and seafood so could I take the risk.

Also what are KL like if you order a special meal which contains something you cant eat, could you order from the main menu.

Many thanks in advance .
Narry
They say they change the menu every three months or so. KL usually carries a few extra main menu options.
Old Jun 8, 2023, 7:55 pm

Programs: DL Platinum/SkyTeam Elite Plus
Does anyone know if you’re able to pre-select your entrée in business class leaving Amsterdam to New York?
Old Jun 8, 2023, 10:32 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Eurobonus Silver, ALL Gold
Originally Posted by FreqTrav27
Does anyone know if you’re able to pre-select your entrée in business class leaving Amsterdam to New York?
No. Only on AF.
Old Jun 11, 2023, 12:23 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Plat
Hard liquor on KL Y long-haul?

Maybe not an exactly catering question, but still - since when does KLM not serve hard liquor on long-haul flights in Y? Recently I flew AMS-IAD and was ridiculed by the flight attendant for asking for a gin and tonic (“geen gin, maar wel tonic”); or for asking for a cognac after lunch. The FA made me feel like an alcoholic for wanting to have a drink on a transatlantic flight. But I do remember having hard liquor on board KL long-haul flights in the past (last one pre-covid). So is it gone for good?
Old Jun 11, 2023, 12:28 am

Programs: FlyingBlue
Originally Posted by ok986
Maybe not an exactly catering question, but still - since when does KLM not serve hard liquor on long-haul flights in Y? Recently I flew AMS-IAD and was ridiculed by the flight attendant for asking for a gin and tonic (“geen gin, maar wel tonic”); or for asking for a cognac after lunch. The FA made me feel like an alcoholic for wanting to have a drink on a transatlantic flight. But I do remember having hard liquor on board KL long-haul flights in the past (last one pre-covid). So is it gone for good?
Can’t answer your question directly, but the exact same thing happened to me on AF earlier this year. FA swore it had been removed « years ago »… while I had it just _days_ before.

So there must be a new group-wide guideline: no nightcaps in Y; and ridicule pax who ask for it.
AnaTFN likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2023, 3:21 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Plat
Originally Posted by maalloc;[url=tel:35321771
Can’t answer your question directly, but the exact same thing happened to me on AF earlier this year. FA swore it had been removed « years ago »… while I had it just _days_ before.

So there must be a new group-wide guideline: no nightcaps in Y; and ridicule pax who ask for it.
A datapoint: I had rather copious amount of cognac after dinner on both CDG-HND and HND-CDG last month.
maalloc likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2023, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by maalloc

there were still hard liquors served in long-haul Y recently with AF (2 weeks ago).
maalloc likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2023, 9:17 am

Programs: FlyingBlue
For status-less pax too?
Given that it's been "on request" for a long time now, it's hard to say whether the FA are serving them as a favor or as part of the normal offering.
Old Jun 11, 2023, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by maalloc
For status-less pax too?
Given that it's been "on request" for a long time now, it's hard to say whether the FA are serving them as a favor or as part of the normal offering.
I would say yes, as they had that on the trolley IIRC. Didn’t really pay attention TBH.
maalloc likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.