Wiki Posts
Search

Double XP Points

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2020, 2:47 pm
Original Poster

Double XP Points

Hi,
I have a question to ask, I am flying to Brazil next week and as they have the double xp and mileage offer on at the moment. If I upgrade to business class from the uk to Amsterdam, does this mean I will get 30xp points per flight. They were offering the upgrade for around £70, so for £140 return I could get an extra 60xp points. Which seems worth it for me, or is this not the case?
Old Nov 23, 2020, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
No. Paid upgrades still earn XP of the originally booked class.
Old Nov 27, 2020, 10:34 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Paid upgrades at check in that is. If you buy up to a higher fare you will earn according to that fare. But that'd be much more than the 70 euro reported.
Old Nov 27, 2020, 6:55 pm
Original Poster

The last 3 flights i have flown to Brazil, I have been offered online the chance to upgrade to business for £69 from London to Amsterdam one way. Personally for 45 mins in the air it’s not worth it, but it would be if I got double xp points at the moment. But as goldorak pointed out I would only get my original xp points, so for me it’s a no.
Old Nov 27, 2020, 11:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gopher99
I have been offered online the chance to upgrade to business for £69 from London to Amsterdam one way.
I'm really curious to know how many takers they have at that price on that route.

Johan
Old Nov 28, 2020, 3:37 pm
Original Poster

Not very many I would think at the moment, especially with a reduced food service also. The last 3 flights for me back from Brazil have been on 777’s and I have had 4 middle seats to myself. Never had such a good sleep.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.