Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Should I upgrade to Business/Baggage Question from PRG-AMS-YYZ.

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2020, 1:42 am
Original Poster

Should I upgrade to Business/Baggage Question from PRG-AMS-YYZ.

Hello super smart folks,

I value your opinions and need advice on a couple of questions.

I have a flight home from PRG - AMS - YYZ with KLM. Business Class upgrade is about $750CAD with online check-in from AMS-YYZ. ($100CAD is the cost to upgrade from PRG-AMS)

Question 1: If I only upgrade from AMS-YYZ in BUS would I get free baggage from PRG - AMS as well?
Question 2: Do you think it's a good value to upgrade to Business class. From the seat map, the flight doesn't appear full and I think I would have a good chance to have a full row in economy. To give you perspective, I paid $225CAD for this flight home in Basic Economy.
Old Sep 15, 2020, 3:01 am

Programs: FlyingBlue
Originally Posted by oceanle
Question 1: If I only upgrade from AMS-YYZ in BUS would I get free baggage from PRG - AMS as well?
I would call the airline about that. I've had mixed result in the past when it comes to perks (such as lounge access) when upgrading only the long-haul leg. Sometimes the departure airport is willing to provide them for the short-haul leg too, sometimes not.

Originally Posted by oceanle
Question 2: Do you think it's a good value to upgrade to Business class. From the seat map, the flight doesn't appear full and I think I would have a good chance to have a full row in economy. To give you perspective, I paid $225CAD for this flight home in Basic Economy.
This is highly dependent on your budget, and what you value most
If you only mostly care about privacy and an opportunity to stretch your legs, and/or $750, an empty row in Y might create a very nice traveling memory. Even service might be exceptional (as long as FAs don't hide in the galley during the flight) given the low number of passengers.
If you enjoy the J experience with the better seats, the premium food, the lounge access, and won't miss your $750... You know what to do
oceanle likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2020, 3:07 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
The seat map is a poor indicator of flight loads. If you want the space I’d upgrade if I were you.
oceanle likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2020, 5:46 am
Original Poster

Thank you! I've gone ahead and booked the business class upgrade
Goldorak and r0gerthat like this.
Old Sep 15, 2020, 5:47 am

Programs: FlyingBlue
You're welcome.
Enjoy your trip!
Old Sep 15, 2020, 10:39 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
1K CAD for a business class flight from PRG-YYZ is an awesome deal. Enjoy!
Old Sep 16, 2020, 3:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LondonElite
The seat map is a poor indicator of flight loads.
But there's a very good chance they will be low these days! In both classes.

Johan
Old Sep 18, 2020, 9:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by LondonElite
The seat map is a poor indicator of flight loads. If you want the space I’d upgrade if I were you.
Exactly. The actual inventory allocation by bucket, e.g., J4 C4 Z4, is a much better indicator.
Old Sep 19, 2020, 10:03 pm

Programs: DL DM
I know it's a bit too late to reply. But for the COVID19 situation, all service/food are reduced so I definitely don't think $750 is a good value. In fact, since the plane is pretty empty nowadays, you will probably get a row of "poor man's business class seat".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.