Search

Privacy annoucement - no photos of crew

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2020, 12:00 am
Original Poster
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Privacy annoucement - no photos of crew

Hi,

Recently on my flight from AMS-CPH, for the first time ever flying KLM in so many years, the Purser finished here announcement both in Dutch and English "Please do not take photos of any crew members in connection with the privacy rules".
Is this something new (as in company policy/announcement) or just crew dependent? Not that this affects me in any way, just curious (at least for me) out of the blue this is added. I believe I've only heard this once or twice before on other airlines and I do know that on some airlines, this is included inside the inflight magazine - but never so explicit about it.

Curious if this change is due to the current times where maybe quite a number of incidents onboard due to non-compliant pax taking photos of crew/challenging them or as evidence crew not wearing masks, etc...

Cheers!

ps: Did not hear this on my BRU-AMS flight
Old Aug 25, 2020, 1:03 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Originally Posted by nldogbert
company policy/announcement)
Yes , it is a policy in place since long time ago , except some cases like when KLM allow someone on board with a camera , like sam chui for his advertisements

Originally Posted by nldogbert
number of incidents onboard due to non-compliant pax taking photos of crew/challenging them or as evidence crew not wearing masks, etc...
most probably thats the reason why they made this reminder
Old Aug 25, 2020, 5:26 am

Seems like it's now part of the standard announcement, I was surprised to hear it too on my last three flights
Old Aug 25, 2020, 5:54 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Originally Posted by KL714
Seems like it's now part of the standard announcement, I was surprised to hear it too on my last three flights
Yes i guess its due to covid but this policy is not new , just KL never had such situation where everybody needs to be reminded of such policy

Hopefully it wont block flight reporters , either on youtube or websites like flight report , cause they are the only one who can give fair and/or detailed feedbacks on KL products
Old Aug 25, 2020, 6:07 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
The policy has been added back in July 2017 in the house rules in the Holland Herald magazine. Back then, I assumed it was more of a formality such that crew can refer to a written policy if necessary.

Regardless, seeing some videos that have emerged from (KLM) flights in the last weeks, should an incident occur I suspected half the plane will still be recording.
irishguy28 likes this.
Old Aug 25, 2020, 10:31 am

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
Also heard the same announcement on AMS-MAN and MAN-AMS last week
Old Aug 25, 2020, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Back in the days, there was blanket photography ban when flying over communist hellhole countries. An announcement would be made when the aircraft was about to cross into their airspace.

Johan
Old Aug 25, 2020, 11:25 am
gkl

Programs: FB Ulti, QR-Gold (OWS), TK *Gold, Bonvoy Ambassadort Elite, GHA Titanium, Accor Platinum
It also surprised me to hear it, but - if my memory is correct - only on the 737 flights and not on the Cityhopper Embraer flights.
Old Aug 25, 2020, 1:31 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
Originally Posted by gkl
It also surprised me to hear it, but - if my memory is correct - only on the 737 flights and not on the Cityhopper Embraer flights.
Indeed no such announcements on my recent Embraer flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.