Flying Blue Miles Expiry

Old Aug 17, 20, 11:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver
Flying Blue Miles Expiry

Had a Delta flight booked with miles that has been cancelled by Delta and the miles have been returned to my KLM account.
They are showing an expired date of December 2020

I won't be able to use them by then by then so I attempted to extend the expiration date by exchanging some Amex gold points for 1000 miles.

The transfer is now complete but the existing miles are still showing the December expiration.
The 1000 miles that were transferred are showing an August 2022 expiry.

A, I wrong in expecting an Amex transfer to extend the validity of the original miles?
Old Aug 17, 20, 12:58 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Knickam View Post
I wrong in expecting an Amex transfer to extend the validity of the original miles?
You were wrong. Point transfers from credit cards don't extend the validity of existing miles in your FB account, only actual flights or miles earned from the FB credit card can do that. If you don't plan on flying it may be worth getting the FB credit card, depending on how many miles we're talking about.
irishguy28 and Knickam like this.
Old Aug 18, 20, 2:09 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum / Accor ALL Gold
Why not creating a FAQ dedicated for this topic ?? Because its not the first neither the last time someone ask such questions

it will probably reduce the number of new threads created about miles expiration and in case a member missed the FAQ we can just redirect him/her there
irishguy28 and Knickam like this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: