Wiki Posts
Search

Residual Value voucher expiry date

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2020, 11:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Plat
Residual Value voucher expiry date

Hoping someone can set my mind at ease... I had to cancel a (non refundable) trip last year in August. In order to keep some value from the tickets, I changed them to a short haul flight and received two approx €700 vouchers with the residual value. I used one of them completely in March, and the second I have been chipping away at it, such that I've around €400 left. The challenge I have is that I'm reluctant to book a flight that I possibly can't take. However, when I spoke to KLM today, the agent told me that the expiry date was July 2021, as that's a year after the current residual voucher was issued.

I'm hoping that someone has experience with this: does the voucher indeed expire a year after the residual one was issued or will I find that my new voucher doesn't work after next month?
Old Jul 20, 2020, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by tqb
Hoping someone can set my mind at ease... I had to cancel a (non refundable) trip last year in August. In order to keep some value from the tickets, I changed them to a short haul flight and received two approx €700 vouchers with the residual value. I used one of them completely in March, and the second I have been chipping away at it, such that I've around €400 left. The challenge I have is that I'm reluctant to book a flight that I possibly can't take. However, when I spoke to KLM today, the agent told me that the expiry date was July 2021, as that's a year after the current residual voucher was issued.

I'm hoping that someone has experience with this: does the voucher indeed expire a year after the residual one was issued or will I find that my new voucher doesn't work after next month?
normally, the new voucher issued with a residual value has still the same expiry date as the original voucher
Old Jul 21, 2020, 7:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Plat
Thanks Goldorak that was indeed my fear.
Old Jul 21, 2020, 9:38 am

Programs: FB Gold (E+),TK Elite(*A Gold)
It is true that every voucher states "12 months from issue date" however in their FAQ KLM states that vouchers can be used till 31st December 2021 regardless the issue date. Who is right?
Old Jul 23, 2020, 6:01 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak
normally, the new voucher issued with a residual value has still the same expiry date as the original voucher
Wrong ... the residual is valid one year from date of issue..
So if you have one it is one year from the day you used the original
I had so many... so i m 100% ....
but if you have a residual ... it will not create another one... you have to use all
Old Jul 23, 2020, 6:03 am

Originally Posted by Squerez
It is true that every voucher states "12 months from issue date" however in their FAQ KLM states that vouchers can be used till 31st December 2021 regardless the issue date. Who is right?
depends ... the first vouchers were for 12 months
Then the others are until dec 2021
Squerez likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.