Schiphol Health Declaration?

Old Sep 17, 20, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by westi2002 View Post
I was flying KLM Cityhopper, maybe that's the difference.
The only C-19 related difference I've noticed between KL and KLC is that the latter doesn't allow pax to use the front lav, whereas the former has no issue with J class pax using it, as well as all those coach pax who fail to see the curtain.

Johan
Old Sep 18, 20, 5:56 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
Originally Posted by johan rebel View Post
This morning the gate agent at the originating airport actually asked if I had such a Dutch form. That was a first. I truthfully replied that I did, I've been carrying the same form with me since the day they were invented, albeit without ever completing it. That didn't make any difference, because it wasn't collected at any point in-flight, at arrival, or during boarding of the next flight.

Johan
Little did you know the form possesses powerful shielding properties that prevent infection or transmission of the novel coronavirus. Simply holding it is sufficient! Glad you are doing your part.
johan rebel, Carel1 and AlvinMaker like this.
Old Sep 19, 20, 3:04 am
tqb

Programs: FB Gold, ALL Silver, TTC Club
The only C-19 related difference I've noticed between KL and KLC is that the latter doesn't allow pax to use the front lav, whereas the former has no issue with J class pax using it, as well as all those coach pax who fail to see the curtain.

Johan
I’ve seen two others:
  1. the KLC doesn’t announce “no photos of staff and other passengers”
  2. KLC doesn’t hand out hand sanatiser with the cheese sandwich in economy - KL has been doing this recently.
however, I’m disappointed with myself that I’ve been dutifully filling out the form, signing it and trashing it when I get home, without anyone ever (5 flights so far) requesting it. Johan: my hat is tipped, sir.
caliform likes this.
Old Sep 19, 20, 3:50 am

Programs: FB Plat
Originally Posted by tqb View Post
I’ve seen two others:
  1. the KLC doesn’t announce “no photos of staff and other passengers”
  2. KLC doesn’t hand out hand sanatiser with the cheese sandwich in economy - KL has been doing this recently.
however, I’m disappointed with myself that I’ve been dutifully filling out the form, signing it and trashing it when I get home, without anyone ever (5 flights so far) requesting it. Johan: my hat is tipped, sir.
On my last flight there was hand sanitiser in the sandwichbox, but only on the return flight.
Old Sep 19, 20, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tqb View Post
KLC doesn’t announce “no photos of staff and other passengers”.
KL does, but not always. On one KL flight this week the announcement included the instruction not to shake hands. I honestly can't remember when I last saw people shaking hands on an airplane, but I'm nevertheless convinced that this prohibition will save countless lives. Probably even more than the announcement I had to listen to umpteen times at CPH, which exhorted all and sundry to "refuse kisses on the cheek".

Johan
irishbcn likes this.
Old Sep 19, 20, 2:39 pm
Suspended

Flew into AMS today and no one asked for any paperwork before or after the flight and yes the Dutch all had their masks off at the baggage collection and ignored all the requests to put them back on again.
Old Sep 22, 20, 9:14 am

Programs: Flying Blue
My experience a few weeks ago, I had the paperwork with me for all flights, but no one at Schiphol asked me for it.
Old Sep 22, 20, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Flew CPH-AMS today. Flight was seriously late, all pax bar three had connecting flights and were on tenterhooks, so just before embarkation was due to start the GA took it upon herself to announce that everybody had to complete one of these forms. She helpfully added that somebody somewhere might at some point ask for the form, or not.

Chaos ensued. I was the only one already in possession of a form, the other pax had obviously never heard of them. The GA walked around distributing forms while pax desperately rummaged in bags and pockets for pens.

It was a great success, and needless to say, nobody at AMS asked anybody for a form.

Mindless covid bureaucracy at its best!

Johan
Old Sep 26, 20, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Flew yesterday to AMS. Nobody has ever requested the Dutch form
Old Sep 26, 20, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A colleague asked me a few days ago if I had ever heard of these forms, and what the heck they were all about. Turns out he had been subjected to the same circus performance at the gate in CPH as I was earlier this week.

The sheer inanity of it all really makes you wonder whether these bureaucratic knights in shining armor who are fighting the pandemic on our behalf have even the faintest clue what they are doing.

Johan
Old Oct 19, 20, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No mention of the form at any airport the past two weeks.

But arriving at Schiphol this morning there was a whole welcome committee waiting at the gate. The Koninklijke Marechaussee was in charge, seconded by a gentleman in an impressive uniform (a health official of some sort?) and backed up by a horde of masked persons wielding clipboards and what looked like thermometers.

No idea what they were up to, I was first out the gate and waved through after a cursory glance at my passport, can't say what they did to all those behind me.

Johan
Old Oct 19, 20, 7:48 am

No mention of the form at any airport the past two weeks.

But arriving at Schiphol this morning there was a whole welcome committee waiting at the gate. The Koninklijke Marechaussee was in charge, seconded by a gentleman in an impressive uniform (a health official of some sort?) and backed up by a horde of masked persons wielding clipboards and what looked like thermometers.

No idea what they were up to, I was first out the gate and waved through after a cursory glance at my passport, can't say what they did to all those behind me.

Johan
Did you have the form well-filled and nicely folded in your jacket's pocket?
In their infinite wisdom, they probably knew it and let you go because of that. Otherwise it would mean it's all just a circus...
Old Oct 20, 20, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've had the same form, filled out except for date and flight details, in pristine condition and never creased, let alone folded, in a folder in my bag for months now. It seems to be quite happy there.

Johan
maalloc likes this.
Old Oct 20, 20, 12:00 pm

Programs: Gold: Flying blue / Silver: Club Accor
those are requested mostly at boarding , not when you leave the plane , just for the sake of avoiding argument and if you fly a lot through schiphol , create a template , just leave blank the fields you can't predict , then print as much as needed before flights

I do the same with the PNR locator form + health declaration , and i just have to fill-in = day , month , flight code , seat number , takes less than a minute

Last edited by fifty_two; Oct 20, 20 at 12:46 pm

Search this Thread
Search Engine: