FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   KLM Flying Dutchman (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/klm-flying-dutchman-493/)
-   -   Schiphol Health Declaration? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/klm-flying-dutchman/2021682-schiphol-health-declaration.html)

DeppityDawg Jul 21, 2020 10:03 pm

I flew KLM last Saturday from France to AMS, with onward non-Schengen connection, and there was never any mention at any moment of any Dutch health form. Neither at my departure airport, nor at Schiphol.

There was an annoying extra security check (body scan and bag scan) after passport control to enter the non-Schengen terminal. They were sending only certain passengers through this additional security (which was very slow, because almost every carry-on bag was flagged for manual inspection, and there was only one person doing this job). Other passengers were allowed to go right through, without any additional security. No idea what criteria were being applied there.

maalloc Jul 21, 2020 11:27 pm

Originally Posted by DeppityDawg (Post 32549373)
There was an annoying extra security check (body scan and bag scan) after passport control to enter the non-Schengen terminal. They were sending only certain passengers through this additional security (which was very slow, because almost every carry-on bag was flagged for manual inspection, and there was only one person doing this job). Other passengers were allowed to go right through, without any additional security. No idea what criteria were being applied there.

The extra security check after passport control at AMS has been around for some time.
Selection criteria used to be "random checks" and it is, indeed, painfully slow.

nldogbert Jul 22, 2020 4:02 am

I flew KLM last Saturday from France to AMS, with onward non-Schengen connection, and there was never any mention at any moment of any Dutch health form. Neither at my departure airport, nor at Schiphol.

I find how this health declaration form is used/applied quite strange. On the Schiphol website, this form seems to be hidden and only known if you go to the specific corona page. I would say that somehow it should be triggered somewhere either via the airline or schiphol if it is a compulsory requirement which does not seem to be.
On my flight back to AMS from VIE with Austrian, i was given this form onboard. After arriving into Schiphol, there was no check or request for this form. [On my outbound to VIE, I did see the military police/Marechaussee] greeting the plane on arrival and looks like they were profiling passengers to check (same case in Vienna too).

Cheers!

johan rebel Jul 22, 2020 11:18 am

Same experience today, flying from CPH.

Johan

pjhartog Jul 22, 2020 3:55 pm

Flying to Sicily on Monday we were asked by email beforehand to fill out the Dutch form and an Italian form. After checkin we needed to report to B0 for a health check where another Italian form showed up, that we needed to fill out. Turned out it was identical plus a current status page with the original we filled out at home.
These Italian forms were collected and we got a special sticker on our passports.

At the gate, the agent came to ask us about the procedure and what we got to prove we filled out the correct forms and passed the health check - which she later explained to her colleagues.

The Dutch form was never asked for - and is now my shopping list for groceries here at Sicily....

So consistent....

johan rebel Jul 23, 2020 4:49 am

Originally Posted by pjhartog (Post 32551465)
Flying to Sicily on Monday we were asked by email beforehand to fill out the Dutch form and an Italian form. After checkin we needed to report to B0 for a health check where another Italian form showed up, that we needed to fill out. Turned out it was identical plus a current status page with the original we filled out at home. These Italian forms were collected and we got a special sticker on our passports.

What a mind-boggling exercise in bureaucratic futility.

Before you get to the "B0" Italy checkpoint, there's an equally impressive one for Transavia flights. Between them they may well save several hundred lives a day.

Johan

pjhartog Jul 23, 2020 6:15 am

And they could have saved a few redundant FTEs by merging B0-KL AND B0-HV....

johan rebel Jul 24, 2020 8:32 am

According to an article in Dutch daily Trouw, the local health authority GGD Kennemerland is responsible for checking these forms. They claim to have checked 50% of arriving passengers since April. Pax without a form, and those with a form that they haven't completed, will not be sent back to their airport of origin. Instead they will be told what is expected of them, and advised to keep an eye on their health. That will no doubt do a world of good.

Johan

NLNO Jul 25, 2020 12:52 am

On schiphol now. No one asked for the form. Airport and Schengen lounge is relatively busy. Largest difference from pre corona is that most people wear masks.

johan rebel Jul 25, 2020 10:10 am

Originally Posted by NLNO (Post 32557227)
Largest difference from pre corona is that most people wear masks.

That's a recent phenomenon. When flying earlier during the pandemic I did not see a single person wearing a mask. Not at the airport, not onboard. Even now lots of retail staff etc. are not masked.

Johan

caliform Jul 26, 2020 3:52 pm

A GGD (Dutch health service) rep asked me upon disembarking as one of the first passengers on JFK-AMS. She barely spoke any English. Most passengers just ignored her or failed to understand what she asked, which was if they were transferring or staying in the Netherlands.

I told her yes, I am staying here.

"Where is your health declaration form?"

I told her I don't have one. Nobody even mentioned it at any point.

"OK, I'll write here that you never got one."

And I walked out of the airport.

rwSEA Aug 2, 2020 2:25 am

Hi all - to follow up on my original question, I flew roundtrip from AMS to Italy on KLM. Not once was I ever asked for the Netherlands health declaration, nor was there any mention of it. So, it's a complete non issue.

As mentioned above, when flying to Italy there is a special check at 'gate B0' where they take your temperature and ask you to fill in a declaration for Italy. Then they tell you the 'real gate' once that's completed (similar to the old D1 setup for DL flights to the US). They gave you the Italian forms to fill in at the airport if you didn't bring one already.

maalloc Aug 2, 2020 7:12 am

Originally Posted by rwSEA (Post 32575482)
Hi all - to follow up on my original question, I flew roundtrip from AMS to Italy on KLM. Not once was I ever asked for the Netherlands health declaration, nor was there any mention of it. So, it's a complete non issue.

As mentioned above, when flying to Italy there is a special check at 'gate B0' where they take your temperature and ask you to fill in a declaration for Italy. Then they tell you the 'real gate' once that's completed (similar to the old D1 setup for DL flights to the US). They gave you the Italian forms to fill in at the airport if you didn't bring one already.

Different experience for me today.
Flying from France to AMS (KL operated flight), I got asked twice for the form, at check-in and before boarding.
Even though checks are still inexistant at Schiphol, it seems that KLM is finally aware that this mandatory form exists.

r0gerthat Aug 3, 2020 8:16 am

Flew from LHR via CDG to AMS on 31/7, with last leg on KL and no one asked about the form. I was traveling with hand luggage only and checked in online, but even there it wasn't mentioned.
Traveling back 2/8, same story; No one at Schiphol asked me for the form.

maalloc Aug 3, 2020 11:44 am

Originally Posted by r0gerthat (Post 32578048)
Flew from LHR via CDG to AMS on 31/7, with last leg on KL and no one asked about the form. I was traveling with hand luggage only and checked in online, but even there it wasn't mentioned.
Traveling back 2/8, same story; No one at Schiphol asked me for the form.

The form is only needed while flying to the Netherlands, isn’t it?

Of course that still does not explain while they didn’t check it on your CDG-AMS...