Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cancellation notification but flight still listed as scheduled?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2020, 4:35 am
Original Poster

Cancellation notification but flight still listed as scheduled?

I had an email this morning from KLM notifying me that my shorthaul July flight is cancelled and that I should go online to rebook or claim a refund. However, when I look up the booking the flight is still listed as scheduled. It's also still bookable. Is it just a case of the website not yet being updated? Should I not attempt to rebook/refund untill the flight is listed as cancelled on the website?
Old Jun 3, 2020, 4:47 am

Programs: AF/KL Plat, BA Gold, A3 Gold, IHG Diamond, MR Gold, HH Diamond, ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by Jpsartre
I had an email this morning from KLM notifying me that my shorthaul July flight is cancelled and that I should go online to rebook or claim a refund. However, when I look up the booking the flight is still listed as scheduled. It's also still bookable. Is it just a case of the website not yet being updated? Should I not attempt to rebook/refund untill the flight is listed as cancelled on the website?
Same here. For 3 different bookings. Looks like it's one of the great AF/KLM IT's enhancements. I will wait 24 hours and ring them to have clarification. Looks like they started to announce the cancellations beyond July 3rd for the rest of July today.
I have one DUS-DUB and one LYS-DUB where I received the cancellation email and app notification but the exact same flights are still showing up on manage my booking on the app and are still bookable (for a cheaper rate than I booked !) on KLM website.
Another booking BRU-CTG for which the cancellation email was also sent this morning has been zeroed out in availability on EF, but still shows as intact on Manage my booking.
Old Jun 3, 2020, 5:03 am
Original Poster

Thanks, sounds like it's just the website that needs to catch up then. Will give a few days before doing anything.
Old Jun 3, 2020, 11:35 am

Programs: AF/KL Plat, BA Gold, A3 Gold, IHG Diamond, MR Gold, HH Diamond, ALL Platinum
Just called the (French) Platinum Service Line about my gf and my booking to Ireland mid june for which we received several email notifications of cancellation today, although flights are still on sale and appear as intact on manage my booking. The agent confirmed that on his side all segments were also operating as scheduled and therefore any cancellation from our side for the time being would be a voluntary cancellation. He suggested to call back tomorrow as he suspected an issue with the IT systems of KLM.
For the booking to Colombia for which I received notifications of cancellations today also, and for which availability has been zeroed out this morning and no flights are on sale before september, unlike the ireland bookings, the agent also mentioned that all flights on the reservation are showing as intact and therefore he could not provide any cash refund either. I guess I will wait for tomorrow, maybe they will be able to fix their mess...
Between all those changes of schedule, changes of policies and the use of vouchers, and after receiveing almost 20 notifications from them, KLM is definitiely on my cr@p list for today !
johan rebel and Thysk like this.
Old Jun 4, 2020, 9:51 am

Looks like they finally sorted out all the cancellations for July now. Going to ring them now to fix or refund 4 bookings.
Old Jun 22, 2020, 11:40 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, Hertz PC
It seems that in order to avoid the confusions of last month, KLM has started to put the inventory to 0 for all flights scheduled in August that they plan to cancel in the next few days.
If you want to know if you're flight is going to be cancelled, I advise looking at expertflyer for all classes at 0 or just not offered on google flight/KLM.
Old Jun 23, 2020, 9:17 am

Programs: FB Gold (E+),TK Elite(*A Gold)
Same issue. I had a flight to Singapore on Friday 10 July for which l got a cancellation email. Based on that (on top of the certainty I dont need it anymore) I asked refund with voucher 20 days ago but the flight still look there in my MOBILE profile even if when I enter into My Trip it says that I have requested a voucher for it and I have to wait.
Who's right?
Hope they will sort out a voucher so that I can consider closed the case without recontacting them.
Old Jun 23, 2020, 9:28 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Mirk
It seems that in order to avoid the confusions of last month, KLM has started to put the inventory to 0 for all flights scheduled in August that they plan to cancel in the next few days.
If you want to know if you're flight is going to be cancelled, I advise looking at expertflyer for all classes at 0 or just not offered on google flight/KLM.
I got a cancellation email this morning for August IAD-AMS, but EF is still showing 9 in every class.
Old Jun 23, 2020, 12:34 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Adam1222
I got a cancellation email this morning for August IAD-AMS, but EF is still showing 9 in every class.
Same here, and it only indicated my return flight AMS-IAD in August was cancelled. I suspect this route will continue 2x per week into August and at least one of your flights wasn't on one of the two days KLM will fly to or from Dulles. I am also flying this route in July and the same thing happened then, it took the website a few days to catch up and then I was able to rebook my cancelled return flight by departing 1 day earlier.
Old Jun 23, 2020, 3:58 pm

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, Hertz PC
Just go my first cancellation email for one of the flights that went all 0.
Old Jun 23, 2020, 7:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
+2, same facts for me
Old Jun 25, 2020, 10:33 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by taxare
+2, same facts for me
As of today, the KL website is now showing me having been rebooked on IAD-AMS the next day, though keeping my AMS-MAN flight as is. It was booked through DL which isnt showing any changes. Thankfully 2 months to sort it out...
Old Jun 25, 2020, 11:58 pm

Programs: FB Plat
As of today, the KL website is now showing me having been rebooked on IAD-AMS the next day, though keeping my AMS-MAN flight as is. It was booked through DL which isnt showing any changes. Thankfully 2 months to sort it out...
I had the same happen two days ago for SFO. I quick call got me re-routed via CDG on AF to keep the same return date. The outbound changed from a morning to an afternoon departure landing in SF right during peak traffic which isn't ideal when the objective is beyond the Bay. That said, I have no idea if this trip will even happen even if it's at the end of August.
Old Jun 28, 2020, 3:42 pm

Programs: FB Gold (E+),TK Elite(*A Gold)
Originally Posted by Squerez
Same issue. I had a flight to Singapore on Friday 10 July for which l got a cancellation email. Based on that (on top of the certainty I dont need it anymore) I asked refund with voucher 20 days ago but the flight still look there in my MOBILE profile even if when I enter into My Trip it says that I have requested a voucher for it and I have to wait.
Who's right?
Hope they will sort out a voucher so that I can consider closed the case without recontacting them.
Just to close the case: I received today the voucher for the amount I paid the flight (the 15% bonus is not declared in any part of it but -as I experienced with other vouchers- likely calculated when you use it within the 31st October 2020 term).
Now the flight do not appear anymore in my Flying Blue profile, Internet or mobile.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.