Cancellation notification but flight still listed as scheduled?

Old Jun 3, 20, 4:35 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 303
Cancellation notification but flight still listed as scheduled?

I had an email this morning from KLM notifying me that my shorthaul July flight is cancelled and that I should go online to rebook or claim a refund. However, when I look up the booking the flight is still listed as scheduled. It's also still bookable. Is it just a case of the website not yet being updated? Should I not attempt to rebook/refund untill the flight is listed as cancelled on the website?
Jpsartre is offline  
Old Jun 3, 20, 4:47 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: In between BRU, AMS, DUS and LUX...
Programs: AF/KL Plat, BA Gold, TK Silver, IHG Platinum, MR Gold, HH Gold, A-Club Silver, Hertz PC
Posts: 721
Originally Posted by Jpsartre View Post
I had an email this morning from KLM notifying me that my shorthaul July flight is cancelled and that I should go online to rebook or claim a refund. However, when I look up the booking the flight is still listed as scheduled. It's also still bookable. Is it just a case of the website not yet being updated? Should I not attempt to rebook/refund untill the flight is listed as cancelled on the website?
Same here. For 3 different bookings. Looks like it's one of the great AF/KLM IT's enhancements. I will wait 24 hours and ring them to have clarification. Looks like they started to announce the cancellations beyond July 3rd for the rest of July today.
I have one DUS-DUB and one LYS-DUB where I received the cancellation email and app notification but the exact same flights are still showing up on manage my booking on the app and are still bookable (for a cheaper rate than I booked !) on KLM website.
Another booking BRU-CTG for which the cancellation email was also sent this morning has been zeroed out in availability on EF, but still shows as intact on Manage my booking.
palmanfr is offline  
Old Jun 3, 20, 5:03 am
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 303
Thanks, sounds like it's just the website that needs to catch up then. Will give a few days before doing anything.
Jpsartre is offline  
Old Jun 3, 20, 11:35 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: In between BRU, AMS, DUS and LUX...
Programs: AF/KL Plat, BA Gold, TK Silver, IHG Platinum, MR Gold, HH Gold, A-Club Silver, Hertz PC
Posts: 721
Just called the (French) Platinum Service Line about my gf and my booking to Ireland mid june for which we received several email notifications of cancellation today, although flights are still on sale and appear as intact on manage my booking. The agent confirmed that on his side all segments were also operating as scheduled and therefore any cancellation from our side for the time being would be a voluntary cancellation. He suggested to call back tomorrow as he suspected an issue with the IT systems of KLM.
For the booking to Colombia for which I received notifications of cancellations today also, and for which availability has been zeroed out this morning and no flights are on sale before september, unlike the ireland bookings, the agent also mentioned that all flights on the reservation are showing as intact and therefore he could not provide any cash refund either. I guess I will wait for tomorrow, maybe they will be able to fix their mess...
Between all those changes of schedule, changes of policies and the use of vouchers, and after receiveing almost 20 notifications from them, KLM is definitiely on my [email protected] list for today !
johan rebel and Thysk like this.
palmanfr is offline  
Old Jun 4, 20, 9:51 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: In between BRU, AMS, DUS and LUX...
Programs: AF/KL Plat, BA Gold, TK Silver, IHG Platinum, MR Gold, HH Gold, A-Club Silver, Hertz PC
Posts: 721
Looks like they finally sorted out all the cancellations for July now. Going to ring them now to fix or refund 4 bookings.
palmanfr is offline  
Old Jun 22, 20, 11:40 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: UK/FR
Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC, Accor Gold, IHG Gold
Posts: 872
It seems that in order to avoid the confusions of last month, KLM has started to put the inventory to 0 for all flights scheduled in August that they plan to cancel in the next few days.
If you want to know if you're flight is going to be cancelled, I advise looking at expertflyer for all classes at 0 or just not offered on google flight/KLM.
Mirk is offline  
Old Jun 23, 20, 9:17 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: MIL, PAR
Programs: FB Gold (E+),TK Elite(*A Gold)
Posts: 594
Same issue. I had a flight to Singapore on Friday 10 July for which l got a cancellation email. Based on that (on top of the certainty I dont need it anymore) I asked refund with voucher 20 days ago but the flight still look there in my MOBILE profile even if when I enter into My Trip it says that I have requested a voucher for it and I have to wait.
Who's right?
Hope they will sort out a voucher so that I can consider closed the case without recontacting them.
Squerez is offline  
Old Jun 23, 20, 9:28 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Washington, DC
Programs: DL SM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Radisson Gold; Hyatt Discoverist
Posts: 4,932
Originally Posted by Mirk View Post
It seems that in order to avoid the confusions of last month, KLM has started to put the inventory to 0 for all flights scheduled in August that they plan to cancel in the next few days.
If you want to know if you're flight is going to be cancelled, I advise looking at expertflyer for all classes at 0 or just not offered on google flight/KLM.
I got a cancellation email this morning for August IAD-AMS, but EF is still showing 9 in every class.
Adam1222 is online now  
Old Jun 23, 20, 12:34 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Programs: Delta DM
Posts: 1,071
Originally Posted by Adam1222 View Post
I got a cancellation email this morning for August IAD-AMS, but EF is still showing 9 in every class.
Same here, and it only indicated my return flight AMS-IAD in August was cancelled. I suspect this route will continue 2x per week into August and at least one of your flights wasn't on one of the two days KLM will fly to or from Dulles. I am also flying this route in July and the same thing happened then, it took the website a few days to catch up and then I was able to rebook my cancelled return flight by departing 1 day earlier.
Billy Mumphrey is offline  
Old Jun 23, 20, 3:58 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: UK/FR
Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC, Accor Gold, IHG Gold
Posts: 872
Just go my first cancellation email for one of the flights that went all 0.
Mirk is offline  
Old Jun 23, 20, 7:23 pm
  #11  
 
Join Date: May 2004
Programs: AA EXP, UA MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Posts: 68
Originally Posted by Adam1222 View Post
I got a cancellation email this morning for August IAD-AMS, but EF is still showing 9 in every class.
+2, same facts for me
taxare is offline  
Old Jun 25, 20, 10:33 am
  #12  
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Washington, DC
Programs: DL SM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Radisson Gold; Hyatt Discoverist
Posts: 4,932
Originally Posted by taxare View Post
+2, same facts for me
As of today, the KL website is now showing me having been rebooked on IAD-AMS the next day, though keeping my AMS-MAN flight as is. It was booked through DL which isnt showing any changes. Thankfully 2 months to sort it out...
Adam1222 is online now  
Old Jun 25, 20, 11:58 pm
  #13  
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Programs: FB Plat
Posts: 133
Originally Posted by Adam1222 View Post
As of today, the KL website is now showing me having been rebooked on IAD-AMS the next day, though keeping my AMS-MAN flight as is. It was booked through DL which isnt showing any changes. Thankfully 2 months to sort it out...
I had the same happen two days ago for SFO. I quick call got me re-routed via CDG on AF to keep the same return date. The outbound changed from a morning to an afternoon departure landing in SF right during peak traffic which isn't ideal when the objective is beyond the Bay. That said, I have no idea if this trip will even happen even if it's at the end of August.
NumbThumb is offline  
Old Jun 28, 20, 3:42 pm
  #14  
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: MIL, PAR
Programs: FB Gold (E+),TK Elite(*A Gold)
Posts: 594
Originally Posted by Squerez View Post
Same issue. I had a flight to Singapore on Friday 10 July for which l got a cancellation email. Based on that (on top of the certainty I dont need it anymore) I asked refund with voucher 20 days ago but the flight still look there in my MOBILE profile even if when I enter into My Trip it says that I have requested a voucher for it and I have to wait.
Who's right?
Hope they will sort out a voucher so that I can consider closed the case without recontacting them.
Just to close the case: I received today the voucher for the amount I paid the flight (the 15% bonus is not declared in any part of it but -as I experienced with other vouchers- likely calculated when you use it within the 31st October 2020 term).
Now the flight do not appear anymore in my Flying Blue profile, Internet or mobile.
Squerez is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: