Search

Business class on KL nowadays

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2020, 6:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: QRpc Plat
Business class on KL nowadays

Hello guys,

I hope you and your families are all safe and sound.
I need your advice, normally I fly QR as I am a Plat with them, but now my job has gotten me a KLM flight from Singapore to Amsterdam tomorrow night. I see I get the option of a 641 usd upgrade to J class upon online check in. The plane is more or less empty looking at expert flyer, so social distancing should not be a problem.
my question is, how is J class on KLM now? Can I still expect a meal and maybe a few good wines before sleep or is it all taken away now with the covid situation?

Thank you and stay safe!

Tom!
Old Apr 4, 2020, 7:32 am

Programs: FB Ultimate, Accor Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond,Avis President, Hertz President Club
Hi Tom,

I do believe (as per another thread on the forum) that the service is quite restricted on Business. Just the same meal as the Economy Class. Service is reduced in order to limit the contact of the crew with the passengers. I wouldn't expect the same quality of service as the normal times.

See the feedback here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/klm-...ired-back.html

Wish you a nice flight and please take care and be safe!

Cheers,

Alex
Old Apr 4, 2020, 9:41 pm

Programs: M-Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Aeroplan 50K, DragonPass, AMEX MR, NEXUS
Most airlines seem to be reducing or limited typical J class service, unfortunately. I wouldn't expect much more than a pre-packaged meal (like a wrap).
Old Apr 5, 2020, 9:25 am

Programs: FB PLATINUM IHG ACCOR
This flight has just been added it seems ; Sin Ams starts up again as well . Food wise its all economy with 1 hot meal pics to be seen elsewhere and additional snacks. No alcohol (unless crew makes an exception). So you pay just for comfortable seat /bed and perhaps a lounge in Sin.
Safe travels certainly flights will be empty as most passengers from Bali have been taken out on extra non stop flights
Old Apr 5, 2020, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by splflyer
This flight has just been added it seems ; Sin Ams starts up again as well .
KLM didn't drop SIN; however, as with the vast majority of the few remaining long-haul destinations operated in the current timetable, it is only operated 3 times a week now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.