In-flight Catering Drastically Paired Back

Old Jun 29, 20, 12:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP; A3 Gold; Marriott LTT Ambassador; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat; National VIP
This is ridiculous that KL is still not serving booze and proper meals in WBC. Even BA has brought adult beverages back and introduced some sad boxes that are still miles better than KL trash bags. I just bought a WBC flight to JFK because my schedule didn’t allow for AF or DL flights that day and am not looking forward to having a seat mate on 333 and a bruised banana with water. Fact that its a paid KL flight and not an award makes it even more depressing.
Old Jun 29, 20, 2:01 pm

Programs: American Express Platinum, Flying Blue Gold, Starwood Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by asnovici View Post
This is ridiculous that KL is still not serving booze and proper meals in WBC. Even BA has brought adult beverages back and introduced some sad boxes that are still miles better than KL trash bags. I just bought a WBC flight to JFK because my schedule didn’t allow for AF or DL flights that day and am not looking forward to having a seat mate on 333 and a bruised banana with water. Fact that its a paid KL flight and not an award makes it even more depressing.

On European flights, you will find a box containing a sandwich, a biscuit and a cup of water on your seat. On intercontinental flights, you will find a bag containing snacks, fruit and drinks on your seat. Additionally, we serve a hot meal in Economy Class on flights longer than 9 hours. In Business Class, we also serve a salad, a hot meal, a dessert and cheese and crackers on a tray with tableware created by Dutch designer Marcel Wanders on flights longer than 9 hours.

it looks like there changing the catering a little. Just saw the language on the FAQ were updated. Still no alcohol, but at least one meal service is back on the map. Would be nice if somebody post his/her experience
Old Jun 29, 20, 2:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP; A3 Gold; Marriott LTT Ambassador; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat; National VIP
Originally Posted by kevinflyaway View Post
On European flights, you will find a box containing a sandwich, a biscuit and a cup of water on your seat. On intercontinental flights, you will find a bag containing snacks, fruit and drinks on your seat. Additionally, we serve a hot meal in Economy Class on flights longer than 9 hours. In Business Class, we also serve a salad, a hot meal, a dessert and cheese and crackers on a tray with tableware created by Dutch designer Marcel Wanders on flights longer than 9 hours.

it looks like there changing the catering a little. Just saw the language on the FAQ were updated. Still no alcohol, but at least one meal service is back on the map. Would be nice if somebody post his/her experience
from purely insane to utterly ridiculous
johan rebel, Goldorak and the810 like this.
Old Jun 29, 20, 8:20 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, Miles & More pleb
Who needs booze when you can have tableware by dutch designer Marcel Wanders.
Old Jun 30, 20, 1:58 am

Programs: Marriott titanium, KL/AF FB Ulti
Originally Posted by kevinflyaway View Post
In Business Class, we also serve a salad, a hot meal, a dessert and cheese and crackers on a tray with tableware created by Dutch designer Marcel Wanders on flights longer than 9 hours.

This seem to be matching your description.. service mid-June CUR-AMS.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Jun 30, 20, 3:21 am

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Bit of an economy meal in a business dish. Nothing wrong with the actual meal, mind you, I was thinking of rustling up something similar just now for lunch (would take me 10-15 minutes).
kevinflyaway likes this.
Old Jun 30, 20, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Platinum: KL Gold: A3 Rust: BA
Originally Posted by Concerto View Post
Bit of an economy meal in a business dish.
So normal WBC service is restored?

Old Jun 30, 20, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If there's no alcoholic beverages on board...does that mean they're also not handing out the huisjes?
Old Jun 30, 20, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28 View Post
So normal WBC service is restored?

No. Its by flight length now and the sad TV dinner depicted above is for long band more than 9 hours. Still no alcohol. Porcelain houses are provided in your seat when you board.

I am switching my flight to AF as my fare allows it just so I dont have to experience this ridiculousness.

AF and DL and AA and UA and LH (and other airlines on TATL with the exception of TK and BA that still do alcohol but with boxed meals in Business) provide normal business class service but without predeparture beverages. KL is unacceptable
Goldorak likes this.

Last edited by asnovici; Jun 30, 20 at 11:51 am
Old Jun 30, 20, 11:19 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, Iberia Silver
Compensation message KLM app

Has anyone else received this message on the KLM app?
I see this pop up after I did the online check-in for my MAD-AMS flight tomorrow.
Maybe a voucher for coffee because the lounge is closed?

Old Jun 30, 20, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by HalconBCN View Post
Has anyone else received this message on the KLM app?
I see this pop up after I did the online check-in for my MAD-AMS flight tomorrow.
Maybe a voucher for coffee because the lounge is closed?

I got it for every flight KL long haul flight at the end of March when everything was closed: reduced inflight catering, closed lounges, no restaurants at airports... Could never figure out how to get the voucher for the advertised compensation (though to be fair it was clear that any accommodation they could offer would stay virtual as there was absolutely no way to reclaim it, so I dropped it).
Let us know what this actually means these days!
HalconBCN likes this.
Old Jun 30, 20, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by maalloc View Post
Let us know what this actually means these days!
It's a voucher which can be spent in some of the cafes/restaurants at Schiphol on the date indicated.
Old Jun 30, 20, 1:57 pm

Programs: American Express Platinum, Flying Blue Gold, Starwood Platinum, Hertz President's Circle

Beverage service returns: Delta reintroduces select beer and wine on domestic flights with added safety measures

Beginning July 2, domestic First Class and Delta Comfort+ customers will begin to see complimentary beer and wine on all flights greater than 500 miles as Delta begins reintroducing adult beverage offerings after recent service adjustments made in March.

Delta teams listened to feedback from customers and consulted with health professionals before bringing single-serve red and white wine, as well as Heineken, Miller Lite, SweetWater 420 and SweetWater IPA * back on-board.

“In keeping with the Delta CareStandard, our goal is to serve all of our food and beverage offerings in the safest way possible – both for our customers and employees,” said Allison Ausband, Delta’s Senior Vice President of In-Flight Service. “We take pride in always listening to our customers, and we know beer and wine are the adult beverages our customers want most. These selections are the first step towards a normalized beverage offering while we continue to keep customer and crew safety at the center of everything we do.”

Flight attendants will pass the cans and single-serve bottles – which are complimentary in both First Class and Delta Comfort+ – using serving trays to minimize touch points on-board. Since beer and wine selections have fewer touch points than other adult beverage options and are individually contained, they are the first to be reintroduced on-board as Delta brings back food and beverage options.

So it can be done! First time that DL catering scores higher then KL. Lets just hope dutch unions are also subscribed to the newsletter 🤪
Goldorak and HalconBCN like this.
Old Jun 30, 20, 2:29 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, Iberia Silver
Originally Posted by irishguy28 View Post
It's a voucher which can be spent in some of the cafes/restaurants at Schiphol on the date indicated.
Would it not be for Madrid, my departure city? I will find out tomorrow but if anyone can shed more light I would be grateful
Old Jun 30, 20, 3:26 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, Miles & More pleb
When the lounge in GVA was closed for renovation, I got a 15 franc voucher at checkin to use in the airport shops, so in swiss price, one sandwich and one beer

That was AF mind.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: