Programs: Flying Blue
COVID-19: Schiphol / Lounge / Facilities

The lounge is open (21:00 hours)

- no drinks
- no food
- no desk service
- no house trading
- no showers possible
- The restaurant is closed and the upstairs bar is closed.

for now this will continue until 6th April 2020
Old Mar 16, 2020, 3:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Meneer Guggenheimer
The restaurant is closed and the upstairs bar is closed.
Sorely missed, no doubt. Surprised that hasn't caused a riot.

I assume that all catering establishments at the entire airport have been closed as well.

There are still airlines flying, and pax traveling. Air Ukraine has even laid on an extra flight to Kyiv this afternoon. It was fully booked within minutes.

Johan
Old Mar 16, 2020, 3:37 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by johan rebel
Sorely missed, no doubt. Surprised that hasn't caused a riot.

I assume that all catering establishments at the entire airport have been closed as well.

There are still airlines flying, and pax traveling. Air Ukraine has even laid on an extra flight to Kyiv this afternoon. It was fully booked within minutes.

Johan
Yes, all normal restaurants/cafes will be closed except for some take-away type kiosk establishment.

https://www.schiphol.nl/en/messages/coronavirus-update

I think the airport will be a ghost city in the coming days, will be able to verify when (and if) I arrive back end of this week from Asia.

Cheers!
Old Mar 16, 2020, 5:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by nldogbert
will be able to verify when (and if) I arrive back end of this week from Asia.
If you still have a flight. Announced tonight by E. Macron that Schengen borders will be closed tomorrow at 12. Of course Schengen citizens and permanent residents will be able to return home if they are abroad, but it may need to be organized as a repatriation by consulates/embassies.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 5:41 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by Goldorak
If you still have a flight. Announced tonight by E. Macron that Schengen borders will be closed tomorrow at 12. Of course Schengen citizens and permanent residents will be able to return home if they are abroad, but it may need to be organized as a repatriation by consulates/embassies.
Not necessarily. Flights might continue for some time, as they did for example EU-US after that restriction was put in place.

Also, in news a bit more related to the topic in the title, Schengen lounge is closed, KLM inviting people to NS lounge (sans blue)
https://www.flyingblue.nl/nl/news/kl...mporaryclosure

I'm told Schengen flights are cancelled left and right anyway.
Old Mar 17, 2020, 10:00 pm

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
Not necessarily. Flights might continue for some time, as they did for example EU-US after that restriction was put in place.

Also, in news a bit more related to the topic in the title, Schengen lounge is closed, KLM inviting people to NS lounge (sans blue)
https://www.flyingblue.nl/nl/news/kl...mporaryclosure

I'm told Schengen flights are cancelled left and right anyway.
I hope so.. my flight is tomorrow, arriving Friday morning...hopefully I don't need to get the Dutch embassy for help. So far at least based on the news I've read and understood, it is for now basically free travel within Schengen is off limits, but each country still has it's own say if they want to keep their borders open or closed.

Cheers!
Old Mar 18, 2020, 1:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My understanding is that all Schengen countries still allow their own citizens in, and in some cases residents also. A number of countries then impose a quarantine on returnees.

Johan
Old Mar 18, 2020, 6:29 am

Programs: Marriott titanium, KL/AF FB Ulti
This is what an empty food court looks like.

Old Mar 18, 2020, 7:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by arjen05
This is what an empty food court looks like.

I feel very sorry for the mice.... will they feed them in secret?
Old Mar 18, 2020, 12:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Meneer Guggenheimer
I feel very sorry for the mice
Mice are exceptionally resourceful and extremely successful. They may take a hammering, but no doubt enough will survive to quickly repopulate the lounge when the time of plenty returns.

Johan
Old Mar 19, 2020, 11:49 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Eurobonus Silver, ALL Gold
Closing the food buffets and self service drinks was an excellent policy indeed. They could have left some individually portioned snacks/cans though....
Old Mar 19, 2020, 1:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: AF/KL FB Gold (E+) TK Elite (*G) QR Gold (OW Sapphire) IHG Platinum, B&W Diamont, Ascott Gold
And me who wanted to disinfect myself inside out with some adult beverages, has to eat a wet vipe instead....
Not sure it will give the same buss as vodka strait up, though?
All the best fellow FT'ers!
Maestro Ramen likes this.

Last edited by flyertalker00973; Mar 19, 2020 at 4:41 pm
Old Mar 20, 2020, 1:53 am

Hi,

Just arrived back to Schiphol, since I landed in the F-pier, walked the always empty route to passport control so could not see how the departure area was...but besides the baggage waiting area being slightly busy, outside of the common hall it is indeed very close to being a ghost town with at least 90% of the normal traffic.

However what I find really irritating is even with annoucement of distancing yourself, people tend to always want to come and stand close to you - but I find that both the border police and the custom controllers to not be taking this advice seriously, seeing so much crowding around the exits.

I think in the coming days, things will only get worst when majority are back to the country and most probably a semi-lockdown might come into effect if situation does not improve here.

Cheers!
Old Mar 20, 2020, 2:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Partial shut-down of Schiphol from the 24th

From a Privium e-mail:

Therefore, please take note of the following temporary changes that will come into effect from Tuesday, 24 March:
  • Check-in for KLM and (SkyTeam) partners will take place in Departures 2.
  • Check-in for all other airlines will take place in Departures 3.
  • Privium members travelling to Schengen destinations can use the Privium gate between Departures 1 and Departures 1A.
  • Privium members travelling to non-Schengen destinations can use the Privium gate in Departures 2.
  • All flights will arrive and depart at the D-Pier and E-Pier.
and

The Privium ClubLounge will remain open for Privium Plus members. The Airside Lounge will be open until the end of the day on March 24, and be closed from then on because of the downsize of our operations.
  • Unfortunately, we cannot provide you with the food and beverage services in the Privium lounges that you normally receive due to the fact that all food establishments have been closed due to the government’s ruling. However, water, coffee, tea and various small pre-packaged snacks will be available. Please note that the Grab & Fly kiosks at the piers will be the only food service outlets to remain open at Schiphol.
Johan
Old Mar 20, 2020, 11:12 am
Original Poster

Arrivals (taken at approx 17:30 19/3/20)

Departures (taken at approx 17:30 19/3/20)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.