Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 4, 2022, 1:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: b12e
Status as of 23 APR 24:

B787-10 Aircraft confirmed having PE seats installed:
  • All B78X should now have the new PE seats
  • Completed: PH-BKA, PH-BKC, PH-BKD, PH-BKF, PH-BKG, PH-BKH, PH-BKI, PH-BKK, PH-BKL, PH-BLM
  • Seat map for the 787-10 including the new PE cabin: https://www.aerolopa.com/kl-781-3cl

B787-9 aircraft confirmed having PE seats installed:
  • All B789 should now have the new PE seats
  • Completed: PH-BHA, PH-BHC, PH-BHD, PH-BHE, PH-BHF, PH-BHG, PH-BHH, PH-BHI, PH-BHL, PH-BHM, PH-BHN, PH-BHO, PH-BHP
  • Seat map for the 787-9 including the new PE cabin: https://www.aerolopa.com/kl-789-3cl

B777-300 aircraft confirmed having new business class and PE seats installed:
  • Converted: PH-BVA, PH-BVB, PH-BVC, PH-BVD, PH-BVF, PH-BVG, PH-BVI, PH-BVK, PH-BVN, PH-BVO, PH-BVP, PH-BVR, PH-BVS, PH-BVV, PH-BVW
  • Seat map for the 777-300ER including the new WBC and PE cabins: https://www.aerolopa.com/kl-773-3cl
B777-300 Still to be retrofit with the new PE and Business seats:
  • PH-BVU

B777-200 aircraft confirmed having new business class and PE seats installed (out of 15 total):B777-200 still to be retrofit with the new PE and Business seats:
  • PH-BQA
  • PH-BQB
  • PH-BQC
  • PH-BQD
  • PH-BQE
  • PH-BQF
  • PH-BQG
  • PH-BQH - Currently under modification
  • PH-BQI
  • PH-BQK
  • PH-BQL
  • PH-BQM
  • PH-BQN
  • PH-BQO
  • PH-BQP
Print Wikipost

KLM to introduce 'real' premium economy

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2022, 1:10 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by johan rebel
And that's what, exactly?

Looks nice enough, but all I see in the pictures is lots of KLM blue, and that's Dutch culture twice removed at best.

What was hidden in that paper napkin, by the way? Wooden Greta cutlery? And what was on the menu?

Johan
don't worry - cutlery are metal, no Greta influence here. It is the same one as you get in economy (or used to? have not flown Y for some time). Drinks are all served in the same glass as Business - but I doubt it will be those crystal ones.
Old May 29, 2022, 3:01 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Gajan
From what I can see pulling up a flight to JFK for late July, EC starts at row 17 (compared to row 10 now).

It’s a pity you can’t find the KL seat map online anymore (on their website).
This is what EF is showing. Unfortunately they require you to select the cabin, which currently only allows for Business and Economy. I'm not sure if those choices are hardcoded by ExpertFlyer or if that's coming in from the GDS - if the latter then KLM has probably reserved the rows/space but not actually published a seat map for PE.

Old May 29, 2022, 4:08 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
A clip showing the seat and features:

Gajan likes this.
Old May 29, 2022, 6:50 am

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by Xandrios
I'm curious for the pricing.
There's really not too much mystery to Premium Economy pricing, just price out the routes you're interested in today. Enough other carriers (including every TATL JV partner) operate W cabins at this point that KL can't come up with their own pricing - they'll have to mostly follow the market. If anything, KL should drive down prices slightly by increasing capacity, at least until demand catches up.
mpkz likes this.
Old May 29, 2022, 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by Gajan
Interestingly, despite some thinking the new W cabin would come at the expense of eco comfort, on most equipment they are expanding the comfort section.
Old May 30, 2022, 4:34 am

Programs: FB PLATINUM IHG ACCOR
some additional info; first flight expected to be to JFK, july 26th . additional destinations for 2022 will be ORD/LAX/SFO/DEL/NBO/DAR/ZNZ/JRO; all operated by 787-10 as these will be retrofitted first (No changes to WBC) All aircraft see an enlarged eco comfort zone
Meal service with steel cutlery and cocktails etc before dinner. after dinner drinks available and a cocktail designed for PC class. Menu cards and comfort bag with focus on sustainability, eg bamboo wooden tootbrush iso plastic. Skyteam and KLM can offer finally Premium economy on all North Atlantic flights ..! Good choice
Old May 30, 2022, 3:21 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
This looks nice. I am really glad they're doing this retrofit. I am still curious about the new business seats though.
Escape likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 5:50 am

Originally Posted by splflyer
some additional info; first flight expected to be to JFK, july 26th . additional destinations for 2022 will be ORD/LAX/SFO/DEL/NBO/DAR/ZNZ/JRO; all operated by 787-10 as these will be retrofitted first (No changes to WBC) All aircraft see an enlarged eco comfort zone
Do we have more info ?
Old Jun 13, 2022, 6:46 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Air Europa Silver, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
Overall looks an impressive product. The seat itself seems the same as new AF version I recently flew with to Toronto on the A350. But the meal service and headphones are a definite step up from AF. Those fancy paper bags from AF belie the horrible contents inside - they are like something from a McDonalds happy meal.
The effect may be that KLM cannibalizes some of the Group's own market share by attracting pax away from AF.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by HalconBCN
Overall looks an impressive product. The seat itself seems the same as new AF version I recently flew with to Toronto on the A350. But the meal service and headphones are a definite step up from AF. Those fancy paper bags from AF belie the horrible contents inside - they are like something from a McDonalds happy meal.
The effect may be that KLM cannibalizes some of the Group's own market share by attracting pax away from AF.
If I well understood your message, KLM has already launched the new cabin. How many plans are already equipped ?
Old Jun 13, 2022, 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by Slc2012
How many plans are already equipped ?
None yet, the first should be coming next month if I'm not mistaken, which I suspect means it's just about going to be taken out of service for that installation.

Last edited by CyBeR; Jun 13, 2022 at 1:36 pm
Old Jun 13, 2022, 2:50 pm

Programs: FB Gold
Originally Posted by HalconBCN
I dont see a huge différence from the AF product. The bon appétit sachet is thé snack for TATL flights ; I dont believe KLM's PE product would include a 2nd meal for such flights either.

AF serves an upgraded meal for PE as the first/main course like what's pictured in the clip.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 6:19 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Air Europa Silver, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
I flew AF a couple of weeks ago and I was not impressed at all by the dedicated PE meals. They are basically regular economy meals in plastic boxes with a sticker saying Premium.
KLM's offering looks and should feel more premium.
KLBGO and zmb like this.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 1:41 am

Programs: FB Gold
Given the current experiences with KLM's catering in the catering thread, I wouldn't keep my hopes up. There's the risque we see the return of the pâtes/salmon followed by a refreshing green or orange smoothie

All approved by Mme van Streun, of course.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CyBeR
None yet, the first should be coming next month if I'm not mistaken
Nope, it has been delayed due to supplier issues, first flight now scheduled for August 27th (AMS-JFK). Premium tickets will only go on sale once a sufficient number of refurbished aircraft is available. Until then, last-minute (OLCI?) upgrades will be offered, presumably at a charge.

Johan
splflyer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.