Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schedule for Remaining 747 flights to/from US?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2020, 8:48 am
Original Poster

Schedule for Remaining 747 flights to/from US?

I've been looking at a fall trip to Europe from NYC and I've seen the KLM 747 combi on a couple of flights but I haven't been able to consistently find it. If it is actually flying between NYC and AMS this fall I'd love a chance to ride it for the first and last time - does anyone have a handle on which flights it's scheduled to operate, that
​​​​far out?
Old Jan 25, 2020, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Posting request to merge with:
KLM Remaining 747 routes?
Old Jan 25, 2020, 2:19 pm

The below source has the latest info:
https://www.routesonline.com/news/38...arly-jan-2021/
Old Feb 4, 2020, 2:05 pm

What a bummer. I haven't been staying on top of these developments but in diving into the rabbit hole of the above post, I just realized that I'll likely never fly a 747 again. I've always intentionally looked for the 747 flight from LAX-AMS, particularly if 1A or 4A are open, but now that routing is just about finished. Those single seats were my favorite business seats on any airline. As I fly mainly Skyteam, my only hope is to find a Korean Air route at some point.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 3:30 pm

Programs: Flying Blue
New York, Mexico City, Toronto still have flights so perhaps you can do a lax - XXX - ams routing...
Old Feb 17, 2020, 9:26 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL, AS, UA, IHG Plat

Not great photos because of the weather at AMS but I got in one more ride on a 747 combi before retirement.

This one is City of Seoul PH-BFS flying AMS-LAX on 16-Feb 2020. I was in lower deck business and enjoyed superb service and nice view out the windows. I will miss the Queen of the Sky. This was my 2nd time on PH-BFS.

Last edited by bzcat; Feb 17, 2020 at 9:34 pm
Old Mar 1, 2020, 8:31 pm

Programs: FreeAgent; DL Silver; IHG Diamond/ Ambassador
Originally Posted by enoscabell
What a bummer. I haven't been staying on top of these developments but in diving into the rabbit hole of the above post, I just realized that I'll likely never fly a 747 again. I've always intentionally looked for the 747 flight from LAX-AMS, particularly if 1A or 4A are open, but now that routing is just about finished. Those single seats were my favorite business seats on any airline. As I fly mainly Skyteam, my only hope is to find a Korean Air route at some point.
Same situation as you. I've never been on a 747Combi, and never been on the nose section. Was hoping to catch KLM from US but my EU trip is not til next year!
Old Mar 3, 2020, 9:29 am

Programs: Flying Blue
Curacao CUR daily
Toronto YYZ MON, Wed, Sat
Los Angeles LAX Wed
Mexico Stad MEX daily
New York JFK daily (last flight of the day)
Paramaribo PBM daily

Last edited by Meneer Guggenheimer; Mar 3, 2020 at 11:13 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.