WISAG check-in staff at TXL

Old Jan 14, 20, 9:00 am

Programs: FB Plat
For the last months, I only saw contracted agents handling luggage registration at TXL. However, they all accepted my FB free luggage immediately, so you might have encountered a training issue.

Once at DUS, a contracted agent wanted to make me pay for a FB Gold free luggage. Thankfully she quickly checked with the direction and no fee has been applied - she might have been a replacement staff.

That being said, since late November the lines to clear security are way longer than usual.
Old Jan 14, 20, 12:47 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Originally Posted by irishguy28 View Post
I noticed they were more "aggressive" with this as well. There was one lady walking along the line of passengers queueing to go through security, telling everyone to check their handluggage. But most people were ignoring her. As did I.

I would suggest you send a note to KLM about the check-in via the KLM website; I have.

TXL used to be my favourite airport; this sort of BS ruins it!

https://www.klm.nl/en/claim?CallerCountryCode=US
TXL is just bad, although like you I appreciate the historic value of the airport and how it transports me back to another era (in the same way the 1957 built Haus der Kulteren der Welt near the Reichstag in downtown Berlin is like a flying saucer from another time period).

In TXL I have had a mixture of bad experiences. The latest on Saturday was with the 4-Fahrten-Karte for the VBB (Berlin public transport) that I bought on the Deutsche Bahn app. Nobody had a clue how to activate a second ticket for an accompanying person, neither the tourist office which sells tickets nor the BVG men standing around the ticket machines outside, to help people. All pretty dismissive about it and acted like I was a deranged spaceman (which I often am).

In short, TXL is bad, gone rotten, full of people who think they are really important and related to Helmut Kohl, and who are really nothing, nobody would miss them if they weren’t there. Par contre, what a lovely zone of peace, politeness and civilization SXF is (at least, it was this morning, a real pleasure to go through). I hope BER doesn’t get built, I like SXF!
Old Jan 14, 20, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Concerto View Post
I like SXF!
You should have seen Schönefeld in the Good Old Days. Oh boy! Nicht besonders schön, I can tell you that much.

Johan
Old Jan 14, 20, 4:50 pm

Programs: IC Amb.,FB,Hertz,Sixt
Tegel seems to get worse the closer it is to being closed, I used to like it but since AF/KL moved to terminal A security takes forever and most staff are not very friendly. It wasn't that long ago that I could be in my hotel room within 35 mins of wheels on the ground, these days you can be grateful if your luggage appears in that time
Old Jan 15, 20, 3:29 am

Originally Posted by johan rebel View Post
You should have seen Schönefeld in the Good Old Days. Oh boy! Nicht besonders schön, I can tell you that much.

Johan
I can imagine. I never visited the DDR, was still a student when the wall came down, but I worked in Thüringen from 2003 to about 2008. It was lovely, but a lot of the old DDR was still present.

As for TXL, it definitely wasn’t built for the people that are swarming through it now. Everybody seems to get in the way, because they don’t know where they’re going in the hexagonal shape (and I think people getting in the way or stopping in stupid places is one of the most annoying things for us frequent travelers).

I was once seriously shouted at by some Air Berlin counter Mitarbeiterin for taking a photo down one of the corridors of the hexagon (nobody was visible in it, just wanted a photo with the Air Berlin logo). She rudely called me over (school teacher style) and aggressively asked for the camera so she could delete it. Just complied with a smile, it’s not worth getting worried about. But who the hell do these people think they are?

Yesterday, there was absolutely no one except myself going through security at D when I went early for my Eurowings flight (EW operated by 4U, very nice empty flight it was). So the bunch of bored security men sprung into action, barking orders and tore me to pieces, going through everything, rifling and swabbing this and that. They must have thought it was Christmas Day, but they didn’t get anything. I hate TXL. I try to have zero interaction with anyone there and keep my head down. In contrast, SXF is wonderful.

Send a complaint to KLM, irishguy28, they should know about it and take action accordingly (give the contract to somebody else). And luggage delivery is a disgrace. Waited 40 minutes once.
Old Jan 15, 20, 5:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Gold: A3, KL Silver: AZ, BA
Originally Posted by ninjalad View Post
Tegel seems to get worse the closer it is to being closed, I used to like it but since AF/KL moved to terminal A security takes forever and most staff are not very friendly.
To be honest, I never got through security any faster when they were out in the shed. As they had a "central" security for all flights departing from that shed, you had many more people going through.

Luggage delivery has always been hit-or-miss. On a trip last year, the baggage handlers went for a union meeting (or a work-to-rule stoppage or something similar) just as we landed. It took over an hour for them just to start unloading the plane.
Old Jan 15, 20, 12:09 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, Iberia Silver
Originally Posted by Ditto View Post
FWIW I flew about 4 or 5 Gol flights a couple of month ago, all booked either as award tickets using FB miles or as a code-share with another ST airline on a "light" fare (KL & AR), all showed 0 luggage on Gol website and not once did I actually have a problem, bag was checked through no questions asked on all of them,
FWIW, I also flew several Gol tickets in the past weeks: 'promo' fares booked with Gol. Baggage was accepted for check-in every time for free. Plus I was seated in the Comfort rows. It seems Gol is unoffically being more generous to AFKLM Elite Plus than the official policy would indicate.
The doomed likes this.
Old Jan 15, 20, 2:07 pm

That's weird, because it's not even a Flying Blue partner, is it?
Old Jan 15, 20, 4:22 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, Flying Blue Gold, easyJet Flight Club
Originally Posted by HalconBCN View Post
FWIW, I also flew several Gol tickets in the past weeks: 'promo' fares booked with Gol. Baggage was accepted for check-in every time for free. Plus I was seated in the Comfort rows. It seems Gol is unoffically being more generous to AFKLM Elite Plus than the official policy would indicate.
At what point we're your seats allocated? We're on two separate tickets and I don't fancy the grief if we're not sitting together
Old Jan 15, 20, 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by Ditto View Post
FWIW I flew about 4 or 5 Gol flights a couple of month ago, all booked either as award tickets using FB miles or as a code-share with another ST airline on a "light" fare (KL & AR), all showed 0 luggage on Gol website and not once did I actually have a problem, bag was checked through no questions asked on all of them,
A recent review here
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31897303-post9.html
Old Jan 16, 20, 6:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Gold: A3, KL Silver: AZ, BA
Originally Posted by The doomed View Post
And I thought you weren't hijacking this thread!!!

AS it seems that there is a desire to discuss GOL in terms of Flying Blue/AF/KL customers, why not start a new thread to discuss all things GOL? It would make it much easier for others to find, rather than hiding the discussion in this thread.
Old Jan 16, 20, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by irishguy28 View Post
And I thought you weren't hijacking this thread!!!

AS it seems that there is a desire to discuss GOL in terms of Flying Blue/AF/KL customers, why not start a new thread to discuss all things GOL? It would make it much easier for others to find, rather than hiding the discussion in this thread.
Seems other wanted to keep it going

Did actual send you a PM but your inbox was full
HalconBCN likes this.
Old Jan 16, 20, 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by Concerto View Post
That's weird, because it's not even a Flying Blue partner, is it?
It is. The AFKLM logos are everywhere including at the GOL lounge in GRU and at checkin.
The doomed likes this.
Old Jan 16, 20, 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by The doomed View Post
At what point we're your seats allocated? We're on two separate tickets and I don't fancy the grief if we're not sitting together
At check-in always. Brazilians are very last minute and are not fussed about preselecting seats on domestic routes, in my experience. I flew on some of the busiest travel days of the year and really enjoyed the smooth priority check-in, Comfort seats and the tasty snacks on domestic routes. Let's kick UX out of Skyteam and bring in GOL!
The doomed likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: