Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where in the world am I? | 2020 edition

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2022, 11:27 pm

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Bowing 747-8 is correct. It’s neither GRU nor BLR.

At this airport it happens that B748 are deplaned from an open stand, but it’s not the “normality”. There are circumstances why for this specific flight it happened, you can understand them if you carefully look in the background.
Old Apr 24, 2022, 12:53 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by San Gottardo
Bowing 747-8 is correct. It’s neither GRU nor BLR.

At this airport it happens that B748 are deplaned from an open stand, but it’s not the “normality”. There are circumstances why for this specific flight it happened, you can understand them if you carefully look in the background.
That explains the fire truck in the background, which I was not able to identify as such before.

Next guess, based on previous (climate, nighttime) and frequency of LH B748 incidents as per avherald: EZE
Old Apr 24, 2022, 2:03 am

Programs: FB, M&B, UA, AA
Originally Posted by MichielR
That explains the fire truck in the background, which I was not able to identify as such before.

Next guess, based on previous (climate, nighttime) and frequency of LH B748 incidents as per avherald: EZE
Nice source. If it is not EZE, Rio is another option (Avherald suggests an engine problem in 2017 - cannot check if departure times are at night though). There were also some issues with flights to GRU but that has been ruled out earlier.
Old Apr 24, 2022, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by atflyer
Nice source. If it is not EZE, Rio is another option (Avherald suggests an engine problem in 2017 - cannot check if departure times are at night though). There were also some issues with flights to GRU but that has been ruled out earlier.
Airport is not in Latin America.

Picture was not taken during COVID period.

Just checked Avherald to make sure flight is listed there - it is.
Old Apr 24, 2022, 11:38 am

Airport is not in Latin America.

Picture was not taken during COVID period.

Just checked Avherald to make sure flight is listed there - it is.
Given that there would be few passengers in shorts on a North America flight in winter, it has to be FRA... Now, which of the flights was it? April 2019?
Old Apr 24, 2022, 11:39 am

Well. Then almost the only options is Frankfurt since nowhere else there were incidents with passenger B748 involved. There was another incident in Mexico but that was in January which does not really fit with how passengers are dressed...
https://avherald.com/h?article=4a452c1a&opt=0
MichielR likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2022, 11:40 am

I have to type faster.....or not to try nice sentences....MichielR had it first I guess...
Old Apr 24, 2022, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by atflyer
I have to type faster.....or not to try nice sentences....MichielR had it first I guess...
Fewer words

If correct you can take the turn...
Old Apr 25, 2022, 1:18 am

Yes, Frankfurt is correct. https://avherald.com/h?article=48a52d85&opt=0

It's a picture I shot after landing in Frankfurt 20 minutes after departing from there, en route to Rio de Janeiro when that route was still served with B748, in 2015. There had been a wheel well fire alarm after take-off and so we just returned. Parked on an apron stand and bussed to the terminal (here is an anecdote for those also following the ULTI thread: this was an interesting one. Pax were put on busses, except HON and F for whom the limo service had mobilised a few vans to drive people to the terminal, where LH employees were standing already with hotel vouchers. Other pax had to stand in line at some counter, I was probably fast asleep since one hour when the last ones got their voucher. That's what I called proper service for valuable customers. Also showed the sense of entitlement of some: there was this I believe Dutch professor sitting right in front of me in F who from what he said was not a frequent First Class flyer, who insisted that he'd be driven back to the First Class Terminal and not the Frankfurt main terminal. He went almost ballistic when he was told that pax never get driven to the FCT on arrival, and that the FCT was closed anyway. End of anecdote).

Not sure who comes first now, I think MichielR and atflyer have already negotiated between them who comes next.
MichielR, mpkz, Arpoador and 1 others like this.
Old Apr 26, 2022, 11:47 pm

Sorry somehow Google chrome renewed and closed all tabs on a busy day - did not look at things. I have no pics to show anymore so I gladly leave the honor to someone else to post something.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 1:26 am

Shouldn‘t be me, it was my turn last time.
@MichielR, you go?
Old Apr 27, 2022, 2:43 am

Shouldn‘t be me, it was my turn last time.
@MichielR, you go?
Alright, an easy one then...

Old Apr 27, 2022, 2:57 am

Madrid

EDIT: to be more precise: view from runway 32L, probably on landing. The cargo apron R7 is visible in the foreground, Terminal 1 in the background.
MichielR and Arpoador like this.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 3:52 am

Madrid

EDIT: to be more precise: view from runway 32L, probably on landing. The cargo apron R7 is visible in the foreground, Terminal 1 in the background.
All correct. Back to you...
Old Apr 27, 2022, 11:31 am

Ok, this is a veeery easy one.

To make it slightly more interesting, you have to say which terminal this is.

MichielR likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.