Old Apr 20, 2022, 7:26 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Guessing Cali…
atflyer likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 10:12 am

Programs: FB, M&B, UA, AA
Originally Posted by maalloc
Montevideo ?
KLM never was there. But super-guesser MichielR may be right, KL did AMS-BOG-Cali-AMS till around 2017 before dropping Cali and doing the triangle via Cartagena.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 10:31 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
I am trying to crack this since a few hours, looking at Navigraph charts and satellite pictures. And I can't... On my final shortlist I had:

- Guatemala City, used to be a destination, but the view on the tarmac with the lamps doesn't fit
- Nagoya, comes quite close in terms of view and background, LA A350 may be a one-off visitor, but jetways are blue and not grey like on the picture (?)
- Montevideo - doesn't fit in terms of tarmac layout
- Fukuoka - doesn't fit in terms of tarmac layout
- Caracas - doesn't fit in terms of tarmac layout, and no lamps on the tarmac the way they are shown in the picture
- Cali - doesn't fit in terms of tarmac layout

I am totally unconvinced, but if someone put a gun to my head I would have said Nagoya. If not that, then Caracas and then Guatemala City. But none of them fits 100%
mpkz likes this.

Last edited by San Gottardo; Apr 20, 2022 at 11:24 am
Old Apr 20, 2022, 10:34 am

Programs: FlyingBlue
Originally Posted by San Gottardo
I am trying to crack this since a few hours, looking at Navigraph charts and satellite pictures. And I can't... On my final shortlist I had:
  • Guatemala City, used to be a destination, but the view on the tarmac with the lamps doesn't fit
  • Nagoya, comes quite close in terms of view and background, LA A350 may be a one-off visitor, but jetways are blue and not grey like on the picture.
  • Montevideo - doesn't fit in terms of tarmac layout
  • Fukuoka - doesn't fit in terms of tarmac layout
  • Caracas - doesn't fit in terms of tarmac layout, and no lamps on the tarmac the way they are shown in the picture
  • Cali - doesn't fit in terms of tarmac layout
I am totally unconvinced, but if someone put a gun to my head I would have said Nagoya, followed by Caracas and Guatemala.
Really wanted to suggest CCS too. It seemed more probable as a destination, but couldn't match the view with Google Earth either.
Then of course, we now have a strong hint that it must be Cali...
Old Apr 20, 2022, 11:31 am
Suspended

None of those cities.

Let me just remind you guys that I like red herrings. Finnair A350 in LHR was a bit of a red herring, this one has a giant red herring.

So.. a clue maybe? The yellow text suggest anything?
Old Apr 20, 2022, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by atflyer
KLM never was there. But super-guesser MichielR may be right, KL did AMS-BOG-Cali-AMS till around 2017 before dropping Cali and doing the triangle via Cartagena.
Upon reflection, and thinking about more red herrings, how about DOH? KL stopped flying there AND QR had a number of LATAM A359 operating around the same time...

Now over to checking airport layout and color of concrete
atflyer, mpkz and Arpoador like this.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by MichielR
Upon reflection, and thinking about more red herrings, how about DOH? KL stopped flying there AND QR had a number of LATAM A359 operating around the same time...

Now over to checking airport layout and color of concrete
Bang, I think you've got it. DOH. The only place which has a gate number "E3L". Something I couldn't find anywhere else.

SO if it's DOH, then you win. If you're guess doesn't count as an answer, then I nominate DOH ;-)
Old Apr 20, 2022, 11:57 am

Bang, I think you've got it. DOH. The only place which has a gate number "E3L". Something I couldn't find anywhere else.

SO if it's DOH, then you win. If you're guess doesn't count as an answer, then I nominate DOH ;-)
Either way, you may be up next as I'm out of pictures
Old Apr 20, 2022, 12:17 pm
Suspended

DOH it is and Michiel can't go so your turn
Old Apr 20, 2022, 1:14 pm

Not sure I deserve the honour, but here is one (not so hard):

Old Apr 20, 2022, 4:10 pm
Suspended

Not sure I deserve the honour, but here is one (not so hard):

Al Ula? I was supposed to fly there last year but my Saudi visa got delayed so I just went to Jeddah and Riyadh. On the other hand, it's not an AF or KL destination and it looks like there should be a taxiway in the middle there so good chance I am wrong..
MichielR likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by mpkz
Al Ula? I was supposed to fly there last year but my Saudi visa got delayed so I just went to Jeddah and Riyadh. On the other hand, it's not an AF or KL destination and it looks like there should be a taxiway in the middle there so good chance I am wrong..
Bingo!

A codeshare destination indeed.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 3:11 am
Suspended

Bingo!

A codeshare destination indeed.
Okay, let's try a codeshare. It's a pandemic era (early Jan 2021) photo, my first flight on this aircraft type. Not a KL or AF destination but a pretty common codeshare, I looked for a random day and saw at least 4 AF codes and 3 KL codes. Should be a bit easier than my previous ones, even if I did crop out an airline logo.

MichielR and Fabo.sk like this.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 4:13 am

The logo you cropped is the same as on the plane in the distance, I think…
Old Apr 21, 2022, 4:37 am

Programs: FB, M&B, UA, AA
Santiago de Chile would be my bet. Google maps gives the same mountain shape ;-)

[Edit} Although I must be wrong with this - since a KL and AF destination. You seem to see what you look for....;-)
mpkz likes this.

Last edited by atflyer; Apr 21, 2022 at 4:42 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.