KLM to introduce a Premium Economy product?

Old Dec 11, 19, 12:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FB PLATINUM IHG ACCOR
KLM to introduce a Premium Economy product?

Originally Posted by Srklaw7 View Post
Just a point of reference. I assume a great many people saw the recent frontpage Flyertalk article discussing the actual profitability of a true PE product.
It has been rumoured for some time, but now it has been confirmed ;KLM management has given the green light to introduce PE.
more information will be revealed/published within next weeks or so, but a special separate cabin with 28-34 seats will be offered on longhaul flights.
A Taskforce has been set up to implement premium economy asap. Information from a insider at HQ , no more info currently available though.
Stay tuned so to say but happy to share this info here and i think a good development
Gajan, Wunk and Djokison like this.
Old Dec 11, 19, 1:48 pm

Programs: Marriott titanium, KL/AF FB Ulti
Originally Posted by splflyer View Post
Stay tuned so to say but happy to share this info here and i think a good development
Or a bad development in case this cabin replaces the current economy comfort zone, where seats are free for FB platinums at the moment..
The doomed likes this.
Old Dec 11, 19, 1:54 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
Good. It's about time.
af fp likes this.
Old Dec 12, 19, 4:10 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, United Platinum Premier, AF/KLM Platinum
Originally Posted by arjen05 View Post
Or a bad development in case this cabin replaces the current economy comfort zone, where seats are free for FB platinums at the moment..
Unless FB Plat still gets free seats in W based on the fact that Y+ is no longer available .
Old Dec 12, 19, 5:07 am

Programs: KL Platinum, A3 Gold, BA Silver
I think Platinum booking coach would cry for this. At least I would. Comfort zone lost? No upgrade if space available of course, nor any upgradeable vouchers to PE and harder to get nice cash deal to move to the front at OLCI.
Boturham likes this.
Old Dec 12, 19, 6:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Platinum: KL Gold: A3 Rust: BA
Originally Posted by splflyer View Post
It has been rumoured for some time, but now it has been confirmed
Is there a published confirmation?
Old Dec 12, 19, 7:13 am

Programs: Delta Silver, BA Bronze, Accor Gold, IHG Plat
A spokesperson denied that a decision on the new travel class has been made.
Old Dec 12, 19, 7:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph View Post
A spokesperson denied that a decision on the new travel class has been made.
Which of course is exactly what a spokesperson would do until the very second the official announcement is made.

Johan
Old Dec 12, 19, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I hear that rather than advertise it as "premium economy", they will market it as "inferior business"
Old Dec 12, 19, 8:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by irishguy28 View Post
I hear that rather than advertise it as "premium economy", they will market it as "inferior business"
Isn't that the name for their current J product?

Johan
Old Dec 12, 19, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by johan rebel View Post
isn't that the name for their current j product?

Johan
BURN!!!!!!

(Note: Although I typed "burn" in all capitals, the website seems now to convert all-uppercase messages to all-lowercase. Hence, by inputting this "normally" composed sentence, I am hoping that I can revert the "burn" above to all-uppercase....)
Old Dec 13, 19, 3:09 am

Programs: AFKL Gold, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Thysk View Post
Unless FB Plat still gets free seats in W based on the fact that Y+ is no longer available .
..that doesn't sound like KLM.

Even as a non-plat I'm not sure what to think of this. More options would be great, but if replacing EC and undoubtedly being much more expensive, I'm not sure how much I'd be able to use this. Most of my long-haul flights are work related, and while EC was acceptable I'm not sure if an $800 (guestimate) increase in fare would work.
Old Dec 13, 19, 3:32 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

My guess would be if the PE project does go ahead, they will most probably go the way of DL? They do still have the Comfort+ seats which are complimentary to Plats and the true Premium Economy/Select cabin.

This would be a good balance - but on the other hand - different product offerings to AF.

Cheers!
Old Dec 13, 19, 6:08 am

Programs: Flying Blue
If they are the same as Air France then I would avoid them like the plague on night flights. They are extremely uncomfortable and I prefer to drewl in a normal seat 💺
arjen05 likes this.
Old Dec 13, 19, 10:32 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by Meneer Guggenheimer View Post
If they are the same as Air France then I would avoid them like the plague on night flights. They are extremely uncomfortable and I prefer to drewl in a normal seat 💺
Guess you're coming back on my remarks, but what I meant is that AF has no special section with comfort seats like KLM - not on their horrible fleet wide PE class except for their A350 where they have come to their sense and changed to what is a much better seat although service wise will still suck compared to Delta PE.

Cheers!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: