Lounge preference at LAX

Old Oct 18, 2019, 10:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold
Lounge preference at LAX

Flying KL604 tomorrow from LAX to Schiphol. From what I see, the lounge options are the Delta lounges in T2/3 or the KAL lounge in TBIT. I’m Sky Team Elite Plus so assuming I can get into all. I have been in the KAL lounge years ago and it was pretty basic. For those that have traveled this route, which lounge do you prefer? We may be in a position where we have several hours at LAX so getting between TBIT and T2/3 may not be an issue.
Old Oct 18, 2019, 12:26 pm

Programs: Lots
There's a shuttle bus that goes between all 3 terminals relatively frequently so getting between terminals once you've cleared security won't be a problem. Theoretically lines can get long but it's never taken me more than 15 minutes to get between lounges (and any longer than that it's just faster to walk and re-clear security assuming you have CLEAR / pre-check) You can also go through security wherever you want, if it's not TBIT the TSA may inform you that it's the wrong terminal but you can just tell them you're visiting the DL lounge.

Agree that the KAL lounge is very underwhelming. The DL lounges are much nicer and have better offerings. The food / drink is similar across all 3 lounges but the one in T2 is the largest and probably the nicest but can get very crowded. T3 has two separate lounges, one that overlooks the runway for nice views but also gets very crowded. There's another that is brand new and is quite small but is the one I prefer. It takes about 20 seconds to walk between them so you can try both to see which you prefer. The larger one that overlooks the runway is the only one with a bartender (or at least it still had a bartender last time I was there). The other two lounges have free pour alcohol where you serve yourself.
Old Oct 19, 2019, 8:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by IggySD
There's a shuttle bus that goes between all 3 terminals relatively frequently so getting between terminals once you've cleared security won't be a problem. Theoretically lines can get long but it's never taken me more than 15 minutes to get between lounges (and any longer than that it's just faster to walk and re-clear security assuming you have CLEAR / pre-check) You can also go through security wherever you want, if it's not TBIT the TSA may inform you that it's the wrong terminal but you can just tell them you're visiting the DL lounge.

Agree that the KAL lounge is very underwhelming. The DL lounges are much nicer and have better offerings. The food / drink is similar across all 3 lounges but the one in T2 is the largest and probably the nicest but can get very crowded. T3 has two separate lounges, one that overlooks the runway for nice views but also gets very crowded. There's another that is brand new and is quite small but is the one I prefer. It takes about 20 seconds to walk between them so you can try both to see which you prefer. The larger one that overlooks the runway is the only one with a bartender (or at least it still had a bartender last time I was there). The other two lounges have free pour alcohol where you serve yourself.
Thanks!
Old Oct 23, 2019, 4:01 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by IggySD
The other two lounges have free pour alcohol where you serve yourself.
Do you have to tip yourself when pouring your own drinks
Old Oct 23, 2019, 4:00 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by maball
Do you have to tip yourself when pouring your own drinks
It's easier if you are a cheapskate, don't have to pay income tax on the tips you tip yourself.
Old Oct 24, 2019, 10:04 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA PE, HH Gold
Asolutely agree with the others, use the T2 club and use the Shuttle bus to T3. The KAL Lounge is really VERY Basic, just visited it again this last sunday...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.