Search

PSA Possible listeria contamination SEP 30 KL672 from YUL

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2019, 2:28 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
PSA Possible listeria contamination SEP 30 KL672 from YUL

Got the following email two days ago. Good thing I slept thru breakfast.

We find it important to share the below information with you.

We (KLM) are informed by one of our suppliers of meat products that their production location might have been infected with listeria. Therefore, it might be possible that infected meat products have been served as breakfast in our Business Class. This does not apply to flights operated by KLM Cityhopper.

Consuming tainted meat can be dangerous for your health. Although the chance of a listeria infection is small, the bacteria can be dangerous to pregnant women, young children, elderly customers and people with a weakened immune system.

We urgently ask you to consult your general practitioner in case you have any questions about your health or a potential infection.

We apologise for the fact you might have been confronted with this and we hereby confirm that we have immediately stopped supplying our aircraft with these meat products. All currently served meals on board are completely safe to consume. At KLM, safety comes first.

Below you will find additional information about the Listeria bacteria (source: nutrition centre).
Listeria is a bacterium that can cause a food infection. The chance of infection with listeria is small, but the consequences can be serious. The symptoms of Listeria infection are fever and / or head and muscle pain. Especially pregnant women have to be careful because it can lead to a miscarriage or premature birth in that group. Listeria is mainly found in products that are stored for a long period and that are eaten without heating.

We invite you to contact us via the channels below if you have any questions or comments about this situation.

KLM.nl → Customer service
Facebook.com/KLM
Twitter.com/KLM
• WhatsApp to +31 20 649 0787

Only share your booking code via a private message. We respond personally to every tweet and every message, 24/7 and in 10 languages.

Best regards,

KLM
Customer Care
Old Oct 6, 2019, 8:53 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
I tend to always skip the WBC breakfast, I think it's awful. This is pretty bad though. Yikes.
Old Oct 7, 2019, 12:08 am

I got the same, although I haven't been on a KL flight anywhere near breakfast. The email showed up twice, coincidentally as I was on board a KL flight preparing to depart AMS.

Last edited by adancau; Oct 7, 2019 at 12:15 am
Old Oct 7, 2019, 8:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Five people have died (three in the Netherlands, and two in Germany), and one miscarriage has been linked to, this listeria outbreak traced back to a Dutch meat supplier.

Meat products in several supermarkets (including Jumbo and Aldi) have been removed from the shelves too, and several other outlets - including KLM - have been affected.

https://www.dutchnews.nl/news/2019/1...-meat-factory/
Old Oct 8, 2019, 12:54 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Eurobonus Silver, ALL Gold
Originally Posted by irishguy28

Meat products in several supermarkets (including Jumbo and Aldi) have been removed from the shelves too, and several other outlets - including KLM - have been affected.
Good to see that KLM source their business class meals in outlets that supply the choicest supermarkets!!
Old Oct 8, 2019, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Maestro Ramen
Good to see that KLM source their business class meals in outlets that supply the choicest supermarkets!!
If it's good enough for Max Verstappen, it's good enough for you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.