Daxing Airport and KLM

Old Sep 19, 19, 7:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Platinum; Priority Club Spire; HHonors Silver
Daxing Airport and KLM

I am in Beijing at the moment and there is a lot of talk about the imminent opening of Daxing Airport. Originally the plan was for SkyTeam airlines to move to the new airport and for Star Alliance ones to stay where they are. Now things seem a bit more uncertain, so has there been any word about KLM moving there? Personally, I hope not as all the business I do in Beijing is in the north of the city.
Old Sep 19, 19, 8:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Ardecos View Post
I am in Beijing at the moment and there is a lot of talk about the imminent opening of Daxing Airport. Originally the plan was for SkyTeam airlines to move to the new airport and for Star Alliance ones to stay where they are. Now things seem a bit more uncertain, so has there been any word about KLM moving there? Personally, I hope not as all the business I do in Beijing is in the north of the city.
I expect all Skyteam airlines to move to PKX, except for MU retaining its SHA flights. I'm also not especially thrilled about the location, but hopefully the improved experience will offset this. Furthermore, there will still be many options between PEK and Europe.

Search this Thread