Search

Mobile Boarding Pass Question

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2019, 5:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC E75K
Mobile Boarding Pass Question

Not a frequent KL flyer so apologies if this has been asked:

How come some flights allow mobile check-in (though I think it just's a deeplink to the web-based online check-in) and will even generate a mobile boarding pass, but it is just an image? I even saw an Apple Wallet logo but tapping on it does nothing.

Has anyone else experienced this?
Old Sep 14, 2019, 8:22 pm

If you're checking in with a partner you have to get their app to show the real mobile boarding pass. I.e. if you're flying from the US to AMS, even if it's on KL metal with a KL ticket under a KL number, check-in is handled by Delta and you have to get your boarding pass from the Delta app.

It used to be the same for AF/KL but they've wisened up to that now, it seems, and let each other's app show eachother's boarding passes (albeit in the style of the app used).
Old Sep 14, 2019, 8:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CyBeR
If you're checking in with a partner you have to get their app to show the real mobile boarding pass. I.e. if you're flying from the US to AMS, even if it's on KL metal with a KL ticket under a KL number, check-in is handled by Delta and you have to get your boarding pass from the Delta app.

It used to be the same for AF/KL but they've wisened up to that now, it seems, and let each other's app show eachother's boarding passes (albeit in the style of the app used).
Thanks, but this is a KLM flight from AMS to MAD. Marketed ad operated by KLM. Any other ideas?
Old Sep 14, 2019, 8:27 pm

Hm nope I've never had an issue getting a mobile boarding pass when departing AMS on KL (except for SSSS).
Old Sep 14, 2019, 9:14 pm

Programs: FB Platinum
Its hit or miss. When I'm on a mixed booking where the last (international) leg is KLM, I can't select seats or even check in online, let alone get a mobile boarding pass.
Old Sep 14, 2019, 9:28 pm
Original Poster

This situation so just so odd because it’s a simple AMS-MAD flight on KL ticket stock and KL flight number.

Moreover, I do get a mobile boarding pass, but it’s just a JPEG. No way to add to the Apple Wallet.

Hmm...
Old Sep 15, 2019, 2:12 am

Originally Posted by capedreamer
This situation so just so odd because it’s a simple AMS-MAD flight on KL ticket stock and KL flight number.

Moreover, I do get a mobile boarding pass, but it’s just a JPEG. No way to add to the Apple Wallet.

Hmm...
Does it not work when you open it in the KLM app and then add it to Wallet? I’ve never had issues with that
Old Sep 15, 2019, 4:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dbndb
Does it not work when you open it in the KLM app and then add it to Wallet? I’ve never had issues with that
Nope. The mobile app was not loading anything that could be added to the Wallet.

However, problem solved! I contacted customer support over WhatsApp and they suggested uninstalling and reinstalling the app, and the re-adding the reservation. That did the trick! Very odd since I already had the latest version of the app.
NickB likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2019, 6:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by capedreamer
That did the trick! Very odd since I already had the latest version of the app.
Glad that it got sorted out. I must confess to having reconciled myself with the notion that pressing the big reset button is the modern equivalent of the mysteries of the faith: some things are better left without any attempt at rational explanation.
capedreamer likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2019, 1:44 pm

Programs: FB, M&B, UA, AA
I had a few days a week in the last month or 2 that the app did not work. Now it is ok and I get my mobile boarding passes just like that. Could be a temporary IT glitch.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.