Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue > KLM Flying Dutchman
Reload this Page >

Does the KLM Website Really Not Have a Place to Enter a Trusted Traveler Number?

Does the KLM Website Really Not Have a Place to Enter a Trusted Traveler Number?

Old Sep 5, 19, 7:14 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Posts: 3,029
Does the KLM Website Really Not Have a Place to Enter a Trusted Traveler Number?

I can't seem to find it - but it's hard to believe it's not there.
BigFlyer is offline  
Old Sep 6, 19, 2:36 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: CPT,AMS
Posts: 3,508
For which country is that? If you are talking about KTN for US flights, it's definitely there, at least during OLCI. (but I would think it should also be there when you fill up your API)
irishguy28 likes this.
Ditto is offline  
Old Sep 6, 19, 8:27 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 19
Originally Posted by BigFlyer View Post
I can't seem to find it - but it's hard to believe it's not there.
Go to your reservation.
  • Passenger details
  • Under "Important information" section find: Advance Passenger Information (API) details.
  • Click "Enter API details."
  • Add a travel document
  • From "Document type" select "Known Traveler"
You can add this information at any time. I recommend doing it sooner rather than later.

Last edited by smartytravel; Sep 6, 19 at 8:43 am
smartytravel is offline  
Old Sep 6, 19, 9:09 am
  #4  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Posts: 3,029
Originally Posted by smartytravel View Post
Go to your reservation.
  • Passenger details
  • Under "Important information" section find: Advance Passenger Information (API) details.
  • Click "Enter API details."
  • Add a travel document
  • From "Document type" select "Known Traveler"
You can add this information at any time. I recommend doing it sooner rather than later.
Thanks - definitely not intuitive for me, especially as there is really no such thing as a "known traveler" document.

However, no need to do it sooner rather than later. I thought that our known traveler numbers were in the record - but I found out they weren't so I called KLM to have them put in (talked to what I presumed was a nice Filipino lady in the Philippines). I tried again 5 minutes later and the boarding passes now had TSA Pre written on them.
BigFlyer is offline  
Old Sep 13, 19, 11:20 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: NYC
Programs: BA BAEC Gold (oW Emerald), AF/KLM FB Plat (ST E+), *Alliance Nada
Posts: 160
Originally Posted by BigFlyer View Post
definitely not intuitive for me, especially as there is really no such thing as a "known traveler" document.
How would you call the SENTRI, Global Entry or NEXUS cards then? I agree though that if you enrolled only in TSA Pre, there is no such card issued, but for the other Trusted Traveler Program members, there is indeed a "Known Traveler" document...
vinnyc is offline  
Old Sep 13, 19, 12:48 pm
  #6  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Posts: 3,029
Originally Posted by vinnyc View Post
How would you call the SENTRI, Global Entry or NEXUS cards then? I agree though that if you enrolled only in TSA Pre, there is no such card issued, but for the other Trusted Traveler Program members, there is indeed a "Known Traveler" document...
I think the only one that the airline is interested in is Global Entry. And I suppose there is a card, which I think is only good at the land border with Mexico and the Canada.
BigFlyer is offline  
Old Sep 13, 19, 5:51 pm
  #7  
Hyatt Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: San Francisco, CA
Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
Posts: 1,571
It's a silly stopgap because they apparently couldn't easily add a new field in your profile info. Hence the silly traveler document thing.
caliform is offline  
Old Sep 13, 19, 6:00 pm
  #8  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Posts: 3,029
Originally Posted by caliform View Post
It's a silly stopgap because they apparently couldn't easily add a new field in your profile info. Hence the silly traveler document thing.
Perfectly understandable that they need a stopgap - after all, it's only been 19 months since they started participating in TSA Pre.
BigFlyer is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread