KLM 100 Event

Old Sep 5, 19, 11:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue: Platinum Elite Plus - EuroBonus: Gold
KLM 100 Event

Dear all,
I got a personal email today from KLM inviting me to an event on 06 or 7 October. Is there anyone else who got this invite?

Sincerely,

SB
Old Sep 5, 19, 11:47 am

Programs: KLM Plat for Life , BA Gold, Avianca Diamond, HH Silver, (OtherhalfGold), IHG Gold
Not yet....what is it?
Old Sep 5, 19, 12:41 pm

Programs: Flying Blue
As PFL and more then 1600 UX points now. I bet you will not be invited. Never been invited to anything klm.

Flying 7 oct to UIO in 2A so perhaps they think I can not make it!

pjhartog likes this.

Last edited by Meneer Guggenheimer; Sep 5, 19 at 11:37 pm
Old Sep 5, 19, 5:12 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
I got nothing either. Cool, cool.
Old Sep 5, 19, 11:38 pm

At least BA gives me 20% discount... 😂

Old Sep 6, 19, 12:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Meneer Guggenheimer View Post
Flying 7 oct to UIO in 2A so perhaps they think I can not make it!
What on earth makes you think they are smart enough to put two and two together?

Johan
Meneer Guggenheimer and EvD86 like this.
Old Sep 6, 19, 3:00 am

Once about 15 years ago KLM Switzerland invited me to the Arosa Comedy festival including a nice hotel, Röteli to take home and if I remember well a driver or train ride. That was very nice, for their top Swiss customers. I was the youngest there by far. After that I became Plat for life, and while I still fly them at least a roundtrip every two weeks I have not received anything since I became PFL.
Old Sep 6, 19, 3:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Gold: A3, KL Silver: AZ, BA
Originally Posted by f4free View Post
I have not received anything since I became PFL.
Once you have "for life" status, you've died and gone to FFP heaven.

(But the airline just sees you as dead. No need to court your loyalty anymore!)
Old Sep 6, 19, 4:10 pm

Programs: SPG/Marriott PPE, KL/AF FB Plat
Originally Posted by strikerbird View Post
Dear all,
I got a personal email today from KLM inviting me to an event on 06 or 7 October. Is there anyone else who got this invite?

Sincerely,

SB
Received the invite. I've got the impression it's for NL based Plat + PA and higher for now? If so, then at least they learned from the invitation to their golf event next week, where many high status pax responded "too late" (being 3 days after the invite was sent) and consequently got limited entry passes not allowing to enter the lounges with complimentary F&B during the event.

Maybe you plat4life guys also receive an invite sometime next week in a 2nd wave that they're happy to invite you to their event, but all complimentary F&B vouchers are taken already
Old Sep 7, 19, 6:57 am

Klm will reveal a new huisje, yet unknown.

but overheard that a new special will also be introduced. Rijksmuseum

sources revealed after 7th oct
Old Sep 7, 19, 8:20 am

Programs: FB, M&B, UA, AA
Originally Posted by arjen05 View Post
Received the invite. I've got the impression it's for NL based Plat + PA and higher for now? If so, then at least they learned from the invitation to their golf event next week, where many high status pax responded "too late" (being 3 days after the invite was sent) and consequently got limited entry passes not allowing to enter the lounges with complimentary F&B during the event.

Maybe you plat4life guys also receive an invite sometime next week in a 2nd wave that they're happy to invite you to their event, but all complimentary F&B vouchers are taken already
If NL based plats, they must have made a selection. I am based in NL, plat, and no such invite. I probably would not visit such an event anyway, though.
Old Sep 7, 19, 10:30 am

Programs: SPG/Marriott PPE, KL/AF FB Plat
Originally Posted by atflyer View Post
If NL based plats, they must have made a selection. I am based in NL, plat, and no such invite. I probably would not visit such an event anyway, though.
Platinum + personal assistance, NL based I meant
Old Sep 7, 19, 10:40 pm

Programs: FB, M&B, UA, AA
Originally Posted by arjen05 View Post
Platinum + personal assistance, NL based I meant
With PA you mean that is only for Ulti's? That would explain it, also why some ff-ers in this thread did not get it since they are 'just' plat for life and have not enough UXPs for Ulti.
Old Sep 8, 19, 1:06 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum | Flying Blue Petroleum | Hilton Gold | Marriott Gold | Shangri-La Jade
Originally Posted by atflyer View Post
With PA you mean that is only for Ulti's? That would explain it, also why some ff-ers in this thread did not get it since they are 'just' plat for life and have not enough UXPs for Ulti.
No there have been Platinums that received PA after reaching 400UXP in one year and it's supposed to be active from October when you have qualified. Will see next month if this is still the case.

To add a datapoint: I'm plat and have so far not received the invite.
Old Sep 8, 19, 1:24 am

Originally Posted by glennhaak View Post
No there have been Platinums that received PA after reaching 400UXP in one year and it's supposed to be active from October when you have qualified. Will see next month if this is still the case.

To add a datapoint: I'm plat and have so far not received the invite.
i had 600 UX points last year. I remember because I was wondering what UX points actually where beginning of the year.

I have ave now almost 1600 UX points. I am very excited for what I probably not will receive! 😝
glennhaak likes this.

Search this Thread