FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   KLM Flying Dutchman (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/klm-flying-dutchman-493/)
-   -   KLM 100 Event (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/klm-flying-dutchman/1986056-klm-100-event.html)

strikerbird Sep 5, 2019 11:46 am

KLM 100 Event

Dear all,
I got a personal email today from KLM inviting me to an event on 06 or 7 October. Is there anyone else who got this invite?

Sincerely,

SB

simonsmith Sep 5, 2019 11:47 am

Not yet....what is it?

Meneer Guggenheimer Sep 5, 2019 12:41 pm

As PFL and more then 1600 UX points now. I bet you will not be invited. Never been invited to anything klm.

Flying 7 oct to UIO in 2A so perhaps they think I can not make it!

caliform Sep 5, 2019 5:12 pm

I got nothing either. Cool, cool.

Meneer Guggenheimer Sep 5, 2019 11:38 pm

At least BA gives me 20% discount... 😂

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...8c8beefe31.png

johan rebel Sep 6, 2019 12:15 am

Originally Posted by Meneer Guggenheimer (Post 31494333)
Flying 7 oct to UIO in 2A so perhaps they think I can not make it!

What on earth makes you think they are smart enough to put two and two together?

Johan

f4free Sep 6, 2019 3:00 am

Once about 15 years ago KLM Switzerland invited me to the Arosa Comedy festival including a nice hotel, Röteli to take home and if I remember well a driver or train ride. That was very nice, for their top Swiss customers. I was the youngest there by far. After that I became Plat for life, and while I still fly them at least a roundtrip every two weeks I have not received anything since I became PFL.

irishguy28 Sep 6, 2019 3:24 am

Originally Posted by f4free (Post 31496216)
I have not received anything since I became PFL.

Once you have "for life" status, you've died and gone to FFP heaven.

(But the airline just sees you as dead. No need to court your loyalty anymore!)

arjen05 Sep 6, 2019 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by strikerbird (Post 31494115)
Dear all,
I got a personal email today from KLM inviting me to an event on 06 or 7 October. Is there anyone else who got this invite?

Sincerely,

SB

Received the invite. I've got the impression it's for NL based Plat + PA and higher for now? If so, then at least they learned from the invitation to their golf event next week, where many high status pax responded "too late" (being 3 days after the invite was sent) and consequently got limited entry passes not allowing to enter the lounges with complimentary F&B during the event.

Maybe you plat4life guys also receive an invite sometime next week in a 2nd wave that they're happy to invite you to their event, but all complimentary F&B vouchers are taken already ;) ;)

Meneer Guggenheimer Sep 7, 2019 6:57 am

Klm will reveal a new huisje, yet unknown.

but overheard that a new special will also be introduced. Rijksmuseum

sources revealed after 7th oct

atflyer Sep 7, 2019 8:20 am

Originally Posted by arjen05 (Post 31498772)
Received the invite. I've got the impression it's for NL based Plat + PA and higher for now? If so, then at least they learned from the invitation to their golf event next week, where many high status pax responded "too late" (being 3 days after the invite was sent) and consequently got limited entry passes not allowing to enter the lounges with complimentary F&B during the event.

Maybe you plat4life guys also receive an invite sometime next week in a 2nd wave that they're happy to invite you to their event, but all complimentary F&B vouchers are taken already ;) ;)

If NL based plats, they must have made a selection. I am based in NL, plat, and no such invite. I probably would not visit such an event anyway, though.

arjen05 Sep 7, 2019 10:30 am

Originally Posted by atflyer (Post 31500527)
If NL based plats, they must have made a selection. I am based in NL, plat, and no such invite. I probably would not visit such an event anyway, though.

Platinum + personal assistance, NL based I meant

atflyer Sep 7, 2019 10:40 pm

Originally Posted by arjen05 (Post 31500893)
Platinum + personal assistance, NL based I meant

With PA you mean that is only for Ulti's? That would explain it, also why some ff-ers in this thread did not get it since they are 'just' plat for life and have not enough UXPs for Ulti.

glennhaak Sep 8, 2019 1:06 am

Originally Posted by atflyer (Post 31502509)
With PA you mean that is only for Ulti's? That would explain it, also why some ff-ers in this thread did not get it since they are 'just' plat for life and have not enough UXPs for Ulti.

No there have been Platinums that received PA after reaching 400UXP in one year and it's supposed to be active from October when you have qualified. Will see next month if this is still the case.

To add a datapoint: I'm plat and have so far not received the invite.

Meneer Guggenheimer Sep 8, 2019 1:24 am

Originally Posted by glennhaak (Post 31502669)
No there have been Platinums that received PA after reaching 400UXP in one year and it's supposed to be active from October when you have qualified. Will see next month if this is still the case.

To add a datapoint: I'm plat and have so far not received the invite.

i had 600 UX points last year. I remember because I was wondering what UX points actually where beginning of the year.

I have ave now almost 1600 UX points. I am very excited for what I probably not will receive! 😝