Search

Cancelled KLM flight IAD<->AMS 13&14 August

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2019, 7:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Plat
Cancelled KLM flight IAD<->AMS 13&14 August

Hey All,

My KLM flight AMS->IAD on August 14th got cancelled. I noticed that the IAD->AMS flight on the 13th also got cancelled, so I guess that is why the flight on the 14th got cancelled.
Does anybody know what happened?

( am not looking for compensation: KLM pro-actively offered reroutings on the 13th, and I got to fly through CDG on the old A380 for my first time, so that's one more achievement on the AF app.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 1:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Zarmakuizz
My KLM flight AMS->IAD on August 14th got cancelled. I noticed that the IAD->AMS flight on the 13th also got cancelled, so I guess that is why the flight on the 14th got cancelled.
If an AMS-IAD flight is cancelled, then it stands to reason that the return IAD-AMS flight that aircraft was scheduled to operate would also be cancelled, given that no aircraft arrived in IAD.

But what you have stated is the other way round; an IAD-AMS flight on August 13 is the reason why AMS-IAD got cancelled on the following day, August 14. That doesn't really make sense. They don't assign the same aircraft to the IAD-AMS route so it is unlikely that the same aircraft was shceduled to return immediately back to IAD.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 10:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Plat
Yes, that's why I was curious. There were no other cancelled flights between Amsterdam and Washington for the week, as far as I could see.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 7:30 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Cancelled already the day before for tech reasons.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 8:36 am

Out of sheer curiosity, how can we verify what reason stands behind cancellation?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.