Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue > KLM Flying Dutchman
Reload this Page >

Why would KLM allow FA to livestream a landing FROM THE COCKPIT??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why would KLM allow FA to livestream a landing FROM THE COCKPIT??

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2019, 5:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K >2MM, IC Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by San Gottardo
Not sure where the problem is.

1) How do you know it was an FA who was an duty on that flight, and without knowing that how can you conclude that one station was abandoned? You are aware that FAs also travel for leisure purposes, and often do so on standby tickets, and when flights are full, they get to fly on the jumpseat
2) Do the pilots interact with the filming FA? Does the FA speak? Ask questions? Make other noises or agitate? Is any of the pilots not concentrated on what he is doing? Is there any conversation or communication between the pilots about anything other than things related to their current task? If not, it's a sterile cockpit.Heck, they even both wear headsets, which I presume is in the SOP at KLM, which makes it stricter than other airlines (AF for instance, unless they have changed that in the past 3 years, which is when I last witnessed use of loudspeaker only during a landing).
You can see from the account that posted the video that she's an FA, and she showed herself getting ready for working this flight.

And you CAN hear talking, which on reflection sounds like a FOURTH person in the cockpit while this plane is on short final.
Old Aug 25, 2019, 5:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K >2MM, IC Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph
Ridiculous! I have never come across such behaviour. Oh wait, there's a site called Youtube with thousands of cockpit video's of airlines worldwide, including the usually hysterical US airlines. I fail to see any issue with this clip.
The cockpit videos on Youtube are almost exclusively from fixed cameras, be them GoPro's or something similar. And alternatively some airlines have made more of a "production" out of the cockpit video availability, something that I fully support.

I am aware that at least two US-based airlines have issued rules to pilots against "social media" recording or streaming from the cockpit without corporate approval. And I for one don't want pilots distracted by unnecessary people and activities in the cockpit while takeoff/landing.
Old Aug 25, 2019, 5:56 am

Programs: QF WP
You’ve obviously decided this is terrible and don’t want any explanation. If so you should speak to KLM about it. If you don’t want to fly on any airline where this goes on, it suggests KLM can be removed from your list, although I would suggest you would end up with a very short list of airlines in that case

i should also point out that the cockpit jump seat is not just for non-revving airline staff. Obviously this is a CC so not there for check or training purposes, but I know some airlines require cabin crew to sit in on take offs and landings, either when new to airline/type, or on a recurrent basis (air NZ springs to mind very rapidly). So she could be “on duty” and also legitimately in the cockpit jumpseat at landing

eta i’ve listened to the clip again and the only voice I can hear is the “minimums” call out...
Xizm, Fabo.sk and irisvl like this.
Old Aug 25, 2019, 9:40 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by jimmc66
You can see from the account that posted the video that she's an FA, and she showed herself getting ready for working this flight.

And you CAN hear talking, which on reflection sounds like a FOURTH person in the cockpit while this plane is on short final.
Can you please tell us what is being said by these other people? Because all I can hear is the automated voice that announces “Minimums”. Not a word spoken not even between the pilots. Happy to accept your point if indeed there is something else.

And can you please link where it says that the FA is abandoning a station to spend time in the cockpit instead? I just didn’t see it.
nancypants and irisvl like this.
Old Aug 25, 2019, 10:36 am

Programs: FB Club 2000, M&M Hon
Originally Posted by jimmc66
Where can I find the proof that she was getting ready for working on this flight?
Old Aug 25, 2019, 1:47 pm

Facts

I’m pleased to notice you take flight safety serious. I do too. I take it extremely serious to be honest actually. And since I’m here now; I am the FA you’re talking about. So let’s get some facts straight.

- I have no Snapchat account. This is not a livestream. I’ve used old footage on my Instagram account and it was on my account temporarily (Instagram stories are automatically removed after 24 hours/Instagram stories can be made out of old footage as well).
- Side note: Cockpit crew can not be identified from the footage. This is important for me to share.
- KLM is not shown on the footage. Is it a KLM flight? I can’t tell by watching the footage, how can you?
- My phone is always on airplane mode during flights. I assume the clip on this website is created by the person that started this topic. The signal bars are from the phone that made the clip, not from the phone that made the original video shown on my Instagram stories.
- I was not responsible for a FA station during this landing. No station was abandoned.
- I did not talk; the only conversations during this landing were between cockpit and airtraffic control. You can’t hear the cockpit (or me) talking on this record since we were not talking/making noise.
- I did not show any kind of footage prior to this flight preparing for this flight. My latest content was about the Amazone fire. It’s devastating to know what’s happening out there. But that’s not a topic to discuss here.

My advice to the person that started the topic: Don’t make your own truth out of something you have no knowledge about. Please read the replies here. Don’t start a topic if you’re not open to hear about what others have to say. A lot of the people that responded have told some very true facts about airline crew, jumpseats, etc.

Note: You have not contacted me with your concerns and questions. Since you found my Instagram you could have send me a message. You could have used this website to start a discussion and I would have been happy to join anonymously/without being linked to my Instagram. Being a FA is my job and I take it extremely serious. It’s hurtful to read your false accusations/claims. Flight safety has the highest priority to me - and should always have the highest priority. It’s just not right how you made up a story with so little knowledge of the truth.

This is the only reply I’m giving since I’m already shocked this is a topic involving me or/and KLM. Being a FA is something I love with all my heart because I want passengers to fly safely, experience a wonderful service and have a carefree/amazing time on board. I’m pleased a cockpit colleague informed me of this topic so I could share some information.

I have not given you permission to use my Instagram content so after you read this I ask you kindly to delete all of my Instagram content and information about me. I hope you can edit the topic by removing my personal content (and hopefully) removing the name of KLM. If you have shared it on Youtube or/and other places I ask you to delete it there too.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful day.
Old Aug 25, 2019, 2:14 pm

Programs: FB Club 2000, M&M Hon
Maybe the mods can close this thread and delete the postings which involve personal information about the FA.
San Gottardo and nancypants like this.
Old Aug 25, 2019, 11:38 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
Thank you all for your views and comments

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.