Kl808 mnl-tpe-ams

Old Aug 12, 19, 10:51 pm
Original Poster

Kl808 mnl-tpe-ams

Hi,

Iíll be flying in J in a B77W from MNL via TPE to AMS with departure at 20.55.

1. Will there be a full meal service between MNL and TPE?
2. Will there again be a meal service after departure in TPE?
3. Does one have to leave the aircraft during the stop in TPE?
4. Is lounge access allowed? If yes which one is the best?

In general, anyone experience with this flight?
Old Aug 13, 19, 12:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

1. Full dinner.
2. Supper (main + side, dessert).
3. Yes.
4. Yes.

Johan
Old Aug 14, 19, 6:06 am
Suspended

You will be well stretched to use the lounge by the time you have gone through security back to departures. The meal from Manila is rushed and far from full. Chicken or fish and hurry up and eat it as we will be landing soon.
Old Aug 14, 19, 4:23 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, Iberia Silver
I flew this is the other direction in J a few months ago. Meal services were good on each leg and the cabin was almost empty between TPE and MNL as many pax disembarked in TPE. KL is not allowed pick up new pax in TPE.

You basically exit the plane, there's a sign with a cardboard cutout KLM lady with Manila on it. Go through security - you will be one of the first through as you are flying in J, which means you will have at least 30 minutes to spend in the China Airlines lounge. The lounge is decent. Several other pax from the KL flight used it although I think I was the only one who dared to have a shower. Yes, I had time for a shower and a quick snack during my time in the lounge.

A CI staff member entered the lounge calling pax for the flight to Manila although we were still maybe 45 minutes before departure and the gate was only a 2 minute walk from the lounge. I moved quickly towards the gate but when I arrived boarding was only just starting, so I think I could easily have spent another 15 minutes in the lounge - there was no need to rush to the gate.
Old Aug 15, 19, 2:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by diversmanchester View Post
The meal from Manila is rushed and far from full. Chicken or fish and hurry up and eat it as we will be landing soon.
Are you referring to Y?

The current MNL-TPE meal in J is as follows:

• Appetiser
    • Ceviche of Filipino mackerel with coriander and calamansi citrus
  • Main course
    • Stuffed and grated chicken Kiev with sweet potato mash, grilled asparagus and carrot
    • Sliced tenderloin in jus with steamed rice, pumpkin, sayote and green asparagus
  • Dessert
    • Mango crÍpe with mango sauce
  • Digestif
    • Coffee or tea with a liqueur and a miniature chocolate KLM house.
    • A little hungry? Feel free to ask your cabin attendant for the sweet and savoury options available on your flight.
Johan
Old Aug 15, 19, 5:37 am
Suspended

Average flight time is 90 minutes and J service is usually very rushed to say the least. The flight is often delayed in both directions due to the schedule says 2.3 hrs fly time but we all know its way less. Problem is at MNL and TPE the delay is often in landing and take off for long haulflights taking priority. The great thing about TPE is the ground staff are super efficient and in fairness to MNL they are getting way better. I think if you can grab time on the lounge its a bonus but dont be heart broken if you get hearded straight back to departures in TPE if things are running tight.
Old Aug 15, 19, 10:26 pm

Programs: FB Platinum Life | BA Gold | TK Elite | IHG Platinum | Club Carlson Silver | Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by diversmanchester View Post
Average flight time is 90 minutes and J service is usually very rushed to say the least. The flight is often delayed in both directions due to the schedule says 2.3 hrs fly time but we all know its way less. Problem is at MNL and TPE the delay is often in landing and take off for long haulflights taking priority. The great thing about TPE is the ground staff are super efficient and in fairness to MNL they are getting way better. I think if you can grab time on the lounge its a bonus but dont be heart broken if you get hearded straight back to departures in TPE if things are running tight.
I am flying this route on a near monthly basis and I have so far always been able to visit the lounge without having to rush. On the inbound from AMS I even usually refresh and have a bite without a real time stress. The CI lounge at the D terminal is very close to the departure gates. It is not as impressive as their main lounge but definitely more than adequate even more so after the recent refurbishment.

I fly a mix of J and Y but never noticed any rushed meal service. TPE is premium heavy from and to AMS, MNL is not, this combined with the usually pretty light load factor from and to MNL, it leaves more than sufficient time for a service without rush in J en Y ( my reference point is Economy Comfort on the latter) in my experience.

Last edited by 074PE; Aug 16, 19 at 5:53 am Reason: Added load factor info

Search this Thread