Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue > KLM Flying Dutchman
Reload this Page >

Am I Correct that KLM Now Provides Free Advance Seat Selection on non-Light Fares?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Am I Correct that KLM Now Provides Free Advance Seat Selection on non-Light Fares?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2019, 2:21 pm
Original Poster

I could have sworn that KLM charged non-Elites for advance seat selection on non-Light fares - but now it seems that advance seat selection is free for all on non-Light fares.

OK, just did some checking - and when booking on klm.com, the Light Fare choice now says nothing about seating, but the "Standard" fare now says "Choice of standard seat."

On the other hand, this webpage says "Free seat selection during check-in" which I believe is the old rule.

Better than Delta, which does not allow advance seat selection (before OLCI) for anyone on Basic Economy fres.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 1:56 am

Might also be route dependant, looking at JNB-AMS for example only Flex fare gets 'standard seat selection'
Old Aug 13, 2019, 2:31 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Yes on flights to North-America seat selection is included in Standard fares. In Dutch: https://insideflyer.nl/gratis-stoels...-ticketopties/
Old Aug 13, 2019, 8:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph
Yes on flights to North-America seat selection is included in Standard fares. In Dutch: https://insideflyer.nl/gratis-stoels...-ticketopties/
Perhaps done to make the policy more consistent with Delta - where non-Elites have free seat selection on all bu Basic Economy.

Does KLM still provide free seat reservations for Elites on Light Fares on flights to/from North America? Delta does not on its metal on Basic Economy.

Last edited by BigFlyer; Aug 13, 2019 at 10:26 am
Old Aug 13, 2019, 5:39 pm

Yes, KL does this on every route. It does not have the strict Basic Economy that Delta has.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 7:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CyBeR
Yes, KL does this on every route. It does not have the strict Basic Economy that Delta has.
And the pricing of the KLM Light Fare is the same as the Delta Basic Economy fare.

This is what I've found:

Book a Delta Basic Economy Fare on KLM Metal: delta.com will not let you pick a KLM seat, but klm.com will let you buy a seat or give you one for free if you are elite.

Book a KLM Light Fare on Delta Metal: You can select a seat on delta.com, no charge for elites and non-elites. If you had booked it as a Delta Basic Economy flight at the same price, you would not be able to pick a seat.
smartytravel likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.