KLM No Record of me Being on Flight

Old Aug 2, 19, 11:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Bronze, Flying Blue Gold, easyJet Flight Club
KLM No Record of me Being on Flight

Recently had the return leg of a KL flight cancelled as KL say I didn't take the first leg. Standard practice of course. However I was on the flight, on that ticket.

Ticket got sorted out. The KL / Cygnific agent was very helpful, and got the the ticket reinstated 24hrs after I contacted them. He was very bemused and said after checking all their records, they have absolutely no record of me being on the flight.
​​
​​I've been able to share with them some pictures from the flight etc. and remember the flight well as it was my first ok the new 737-800s. I don't think there's much doubt their side I was on it.

So I'm intrigued. How often does this happen?

Haven't actually used the return part of the ticket yet. I booked an alternative with EZY whilst KLM made a decision, and moved that ticket out a few weeks. And I'm waiting for XP points and miles to be awarded.
Old Aug 3, 19, 6:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, UA Mileage plus, Le Club Accorhotels platinum
Weird indeed. May be your BP was not correctly scanned at the gate. I suppose you didnít have any bags checked ? And good luck for the miles and XPs...
Old Aug 3, 19, 6:49 am

Programs: AFKL Gold, A3 Gold
This is pretty rare i'd say. If your BP somehow failed to scan properly, then you were not registered on the manifest. Also from a security standpoint that's a pretty big f**** up!

You may very well have problems getting the miles/XPs. Depending on how they fixed it: If they marked your flight as Flown you should be able to retro-claim. If they simply reinstated the canceled flight I'd say it would be very very difficult to get the flight credited..
Old Aug 3, 19, 1:01 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
It won't credit the flight but customer service can just award the miles / XP.
Old Aug 3, 19, 2:58 pm

Programs: QR, AC, EVA, UL and PAL
I presume that you had a sort of a boarding card for that flight? Also the staff responsible for that flight could or should be sacked or disciplined for sure. I wonder how they made the head count correctly on this? That also means the load sheet was wrong too?
Old Aug 3, 19, 7:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, UA Mileage plus, Le Club Accorhotels platinum
Sometimes it can be more tricky IT-wise when it involves a partner system. I know it’s not what OP experienced but just to explain here. Once on a DTW-CDG flight, AF-operated, DL who is taking care of the ground ops for this flight, completely messed-up the flight and the manifest. Seats asignments were changed, some pax were downgraded without reasons and explanation. All the electronic pax manifest on the FA iPads were wrong with people not in the good seats and sometimes class of travel. And they had not the correct FB status information for the pax. I remember the J chief purser telling me with a smile that I was not on the manifest (on his iPad). But fortunately they had one paper manifest which was correct (and I was on ). But miles and XP posted IIRC.
Old Aug 4, 19, 3:18 am
Original Poster

Yes I had a boarding pass on app. Scanned at gate as normal.

From memory, it beeped abnormally and needed staff to look at terminal for some reason (happens often enough, but something just felt different). Was only a quick look at screen and I was able to proceed. I actually recall thinking something wasn't right.
Old Aug 4, 19, 3:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Xandrios View Post
This is pretty rare i'd say. If your BP somehow failed to scan properly, then you were not registered on the manifest. Also from a security standpoint that's a pretty big f**** up!

You may very well have problems getting the miles/XPs. Depending on how they fixed it: If they marked your flight as Flown you should be able to retro-claim. If they simply reinstated the canceled flight I'd say it would be very very difficult to get the flight credited..
Retro claim hasn't worked - FB website doesn't recognise ticket as being flown and rejects claim straight away. It's only 5XP points, dont know the miles, guessing about 900.

Last edited by The doomed; Aug 4, 19 at 3:33 am
Old Aug 4, 19, 12:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Gold: A3, KL Silver: AZ, BA
Originally Posted by The doomed View Post
Retro claim hasn't worked - FB website doesn't recognise ticket as being flown and rejects claim straight away. It's only 5XP points, dont know the miles, guessing about 900.
Last Sunday, I got a WhatsApp message from KLM while I was sitting in my seat waiting for boarding to finish, telling me that boarding was closing soon and I had yet to board :0

My boarding pass had scanned correctly, beeped correctly, and flashed my name and seat number as normal.

I did a retroclaim later that evening and only one of my flights of the day posted, the other coming back as "This flight was not taken", or the like.

I sent a message off to Flying Blue, showing a scan of the WhatsApp message, my boarding pass, and the error message returned by Flying Blue. Whether the agent actually had to intervene or not, I don't know - the next morning I received a reply saying that the miles had already posted, and indeed, when I logged in to my FB account to check, they had.

Hopefully the same will happen for you, but I would advise you to send a short note to Flying Blue, including your KLM/Cygnific emails in which they accept that you travelled.
Attached Images  

Last edited by irishguy28; Aug 4, 19 at 12:56 pm

Search this Thread