Miles Expiration Question

Old Jul 20, 19, 7:08 am
Original Poster

Miles Expiration Question

I have some Flying Blue miles which will expire on August 31. If I were to take a round trip KLM flight that left on August 26 and returned September 1, would I still save my miles, seeing as how the entire trip was not completed by August 31?
Old Jul 20, 19, 7:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Gold: A3, KL Silver: AZ, BA
Originally Posted by Overlander View Post
I have some Flying Blue miles which will expire on August 31. If I were to take a round trip KLM flight that left on August 26 and returned September 1, would I still save my miles, seeing as how the entire trip was not completed by August 31?
As long as you earn new miles into your account prior to August 31, then your mileage expiry will be extended.

A flight taken on August 26 meets that criteria. You only need one flight to extend your mileage expiry.

The date of your return flight is therefore completely immaterial. In fact, a return flight is not at all necessary to extend your miles. Just one flight suffices; the outbound will do. A one-way ticket would therefore suffice.
Old Jul 20, 19, 7:56 am
Original Poster

Excellent, thanks for the rapid response!
Old Jul 20, 19, 8:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Gold: A3, KL Silver: AZ, BA
Originally Posted by Overlander View Post
Excellent, thanks for the rapid response!
One final point - because your return flight occurs in the following month (September), the miles from this flight will have the effect of further extending your miles by an additional month beyond the new expiry date that will be assigned after the August flight posts.
Old Jul 20, 19, 1:18 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, Flying Blue Gold, easyJet Flight Club
Edited - ignore my post

Last edited by The doomed; Jul 20, 19 at 1:31 pm

Search this Thread