Wiki Posts
Search

App problem with personal details

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2019, 2:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: KLM Plat, BA Bronze
App problem with personal details

Has anyone had the issue before where when you check in the app keeps hold of an old expired passport.
It was deleted from my account profile and replaced with a new one.

But every booking i check in for it keeps my old passport and i have to re enter all the details anew. It also has my BoB incorrect. again not the correct date which is in my profile.

Tried uninstalling/reinstalling, but no joy, tried the customer service but were useless.(there solution was to check me in and say problem fixed, see you tomorrow)

Last edited by highlander100; Jul 10, 2019 at 2:34 am
Old Jul 10, 2019, 4:40 am

Programs: FB
It is exactly the same for me on the website. Old passport deleted from my account, new passport showing in my flying blue account. Every time I check in it has my old passport details. Cookies have been deleted but no change. The app doesn't even provide me with a boarding pass anymore, "please collect at airport"
Old Jul 10, 2019, 7:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jambochris
The app doesn't even provide me with a boarding pass anymore, "please collect at airport"
Same here. Beats me why!

Johan
Old Jul 11, 2019, 12:02 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Likely the passport details are copied over to the reservation at time of booking. So it only looks at your profile (and the passport thats there) when you book the flight. If you change your profile afterwards that new passport will only be used for new bookings.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 8:21 am

Programs: FB
Originally Posted by Xandrios
Likely the passport details are copied over to the reservation at time of booking. So it only looks at your profile (and the passport thats there) when you book the flight. If you change your profile afterwards that new passport will only be used for new bookings.
Not in my case. New passport issued in February 2019, flight booked in April (after old passport had expired), checked in last Saturday, old passport still in system.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 3:07 pm

Programs: KL Platinum
I’ve been facing the same glitch except there haven’t been any changes to my travel documents. Had the same issue on the AF app which I tried when the KL app failed. Queried it via KL support (whatsapp) and they told me a document check was necessary. This turned out to be rubbish as when I tapped the “add details manually” button the relevant information appeared and my pass was issued.
Old Jul 13, 2019, 8:00 am

Programs: FB Platinum
Originally Posted by Victor88
I’ve been facing the same glitch except there haven’t been any changes to my travel documents. Had the same issue on the AF app which I tried when the KL app failed. Queried it via KL support (whatsapp) and they told me a document check was necessary. This turned out to be rubbish as when I tapped the “add details manually” button the relevant information appeared and my pass was issued.
I have the same issue as you, Added problem is that I need to fill in an visa form number when checking in for my flight home. Just filled in my passport number as it wouldn't let me check in leaving it empty.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.