Luggage - KLM connecting with Transavia

Old Jul 9, 19, 1:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: Etihad Gold, Velocity Silver
Luggage - KLM connecting with Transavia

Hi,

I booked a flight originating in UK via Amsterdam to Belgrade. The first leg is KLM marketed and operated, the second leg is marketed by KLM but operated by Transavia. The return section of this flight is fully operated by KLM and there are no issues there. During the process of booking it came to our attention that checked in luggage can only be bought for the return leg, but that we can buy checked-in luggage for the outbound flight during the online check in. I have just checked in online and there is no option to check-in luggage. Their customer service is ignoring me even when I sent them a screen shot of that page where it says you can do it during the online check-in, and keep telling me that I can check in luggage during the airport check-in only and they will calculate the costs then (which could be quite high as it's done during the check-in process) and they refuse to tell us the costs of having a checked in luggage. So now I don't know if I should pack 15kg, 20kg or two bags each 23 kg s they may easily charge me 100 euros for checking them in. Anyone any thoughts what to do?

Search this Thread