KLM booking Codeshare DL & VS

Old Jul 10, 19, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, UA Mileage plus, Le Club Accorhotels platinum
Originally Posted by stevek0202 View Post
1. Virgin Atlantic international - No status, 0XP
You said you were booked under KL flight numbers. If this is indeed the case, you should have been credited with miles and XP for this leg. If you were booked under VS code, then your 0 credit is correct.
Old Jul 10, 19, 2:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: KE Morning Calm, , FB Silver, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hyatt Disc
It was booked directly through KLM website, and received KL flight number.
It still hasn't been two weeks since I made the flight, so I will wait more and see.
Old Jul 11, 19, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Gold: A3, KL Silver: AZ, BA
It was booked directly through KLM website, and received KL flight number.
It still hasn't been two weeks since I made the flight, so I will wait more and see.
Meaning that the flight hasn't posted yet to your account, rather than that it posted with 0XP as indicated above?

If you are still waiting for the flight to post to your account, do a retroclaim from the Flying Blue website. The miles/XPs should post immediately (though I have never taken a KL-coded VS flight, so maybe in this scenario it will require some time after logging the retroclaim request) and when the flight is operated by KL or AF at least, you can do the retroclaim without having waited 2 weeks.

https://www.flyingblue.nl/en/retroclaim/login
Goldorak likes this.
Old Jul 11, 19, 11:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by irishguy28 View Post
Meaning that the flight hasn't posted yet to your account, rather than that it posted with 0XP as indicated above?

If you are still waiting for the flight to post to your account, do a retroclaim from the Flying Blue website. The miles/XPs should post immediately (though I have never taken a KL-coded VS flight, so maybe in this scenario it will require some time after logging the retroclaim request) and when the flight is operated by KL or AF at least, you can do the retroclaim without having waited 2 weeks.

https://www.flyingblue.nl/en/retroclaim/login
You were absolutely right. I realized it did not post a 0 XP. It was just few (3-4) days slower to post than Delta flights. I received my 12XP now.
irishguy28 and Goldorak like this.
Old Jul 12, 19, 3:28 am

Did you end up getting a bag on the VS flight?
Old Jul 12, 19, 7:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CosmicGirl View Post
Did you end up getting a bag on the VS flight?
No. No benefits as FB Silver was honored. Same thing for my domestic DL flight after the international VS flight on the return, probably because I had to checkin through VS app.
Old Jul 12, 19, 7:53 am

No. No benefits as FB Silver was honored. Same thing for my domestic DL flight after the international VS flight on the return, probably because I had to checkin through VS app.
I'm not talking about FB benefits, I'm talking about whether your KL light fare put you in Economy Classic or Economy Light on VS. As I said above people who had booked KL/AF light were put into VS Economy Classic for at least some time after the codeshares became bookable. This gave them free seat selection and a bag even though they had booked a light fare.
Old Jul 12, 19, 3:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CosmicGirl View Post
I'm not talking about FB benefits, I'm talking about whether your KL light fare put you in Economy Classic or Economy Light on VS. As I said above people who had booked KL/AF light were put into VS Economy Classic for at least some time after the codeshares became bookable. This gave them free seat selection and a bag even though they had booked a light fare.

Those free seat selection and extra bag allowance are benefits of FB Silver honored on DL flights but not on VS flights, even though both flights were booked directly with KLM as one roundtrip. You are still booking Light fare but treated like Economy Classic on DL but not VS.
I even got upgraded to Comfort+ on DL flying out at the gate.