Community
Wiki Posts
Search

KLM Biz Class: no longer able to select seats

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2019, 1:40 pm
Original Poster

KLM Biz Class: no longer able to select seats

I have a FlyingBlue round trip reservation for ORD-AMS-CDG in business class.

I went to 'manage my booking' today, and found that I can no long select my seat for the AMS-ORD segment. It says that I can't select a seat until 30 hours prior to the flight. This segment is operated by KLM on a 747-400. What's odd is that I can still select my seat for the other segments, including the ORD-AMS segment (although this is on a different aircraft: 777-200).

Any thoughts on why this is happening? I selected my seat a couple of weeks ago with no problem. Today I was thinking about changing it, which is why I noticed that the system is now no longer allowing me to make changes.

Now I'm less concerned about changing my seat, and more concerned that something is going on with the flight (e.g., aircraft change, oversold, etc.)

Any thoughts are appreciated...
Old Jun 17, 2019, 2:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Nothing to worry about IMO. Likely a glitch. Have you tried on AF website ?
Old Jun 17, 2019, 2:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Goldorak
Nothing to worry about IMO. Likely a glitch. Have you tried on AF website ?
Thanks. I have tried both the AF and KLM website, but both don't let me change my seat for that particular segment. I'll keep on trying in a day or two and maybe it will start working again.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 6:51 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Traveler56789
Thanks. I have tried both the AF and KLM website, but both don't let me change my seat for that particular segment. I'll keep on trying in a day or two and maybe it will start working again.
In my experience, once seat selection is gone, it's gone for good until T-30.
Traveler56789 likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 12:38 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
Originally Posted by Traveler56789
I have a FlyingBlue round trip reservation for ORD-AMS-CDG in business class.

I went to 'manage my booking' today, and found that I can no long select my seat for the AMS-ORD segment. It says that I can't select a seat until 30 hours prior to the flight. This segment is operated by KLM on a 747-400. What's odd is that I can still select my seat for the other segments, including the ORD-AMS segment (although this is on a different aircraft: 777-200).

Any thoughts on why this is happening? I selected my seat a couple of weeks ago with no problem. Today I was thinking about changing it, which is why I noticed that the system is now no longer allowing me to make changes.

Now I'm less concerned about changing my seat, and more concerned that something is going on with the flight (e.g., aircraft change, oversold, etc.)

Any thoughts are appreciated...
Happens (randomly) to me once in a while as well. Try to DM them on Twitter with the seats you'd like, or call them - they should be able to assist.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 7:23 am

Most of the time it means the flight is "full" and most pax already selected a seat, if you post the flight number and date, availability can be checked at EF (but seatmap will be locked there as well)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.