Boeing 787-900, Economy Comfort seats

Old Jun 9, 19, 9:52 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Europe
Programs: Flying Blue: Platinum Elite Plus - EuroBonus: Gold
Posts: 837
Boeing 787-900, Economy Comfort seats

Hi,
I was wondering which economy comfort seats are the best on the KLM boeing 787-900? I see row 10 (the first row) is unavailable? Is there a reason? All the other seats in economy comfort are open? I can't believe that the row take both outbound and inbound? Should I phone the platinum line and get them to arrange it for me if row 10 is the best row?

Thanks,

SB
strikerbird is offline  
Old Jun 9, 19, 10:28 am
  #2  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Posts: 11,581
Originally Posted by strikerbird View Post
I see row 10 (the first row) is unavailable?
10 is the last row of EC, not the first.

I can think of no reason why it should be better than any other row.

Johan
johan rebel is offline  
Old Jun 9, 19, 10:53 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: AMS
Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum
Posts: 57
Originally Posted by strikerbird View Post
I was wondering which economy comfort seats are the best on the KLM boeing 787-900? I see row 10 (the first row) is unavailable? Is there a reason? All the other seats in economy comfort are open? I can't believe that the row take both outbound and inbound? Should I phone the platinum line and get them to arrange it for me if row 10 is the best row?
I think you meant the 787-9, right?
Row 10 is the first EC row. If it's not available you can indeed try the Platinum Line. Row 10 is also a bassinet position, so that's why they could be gone.

Originally Posted by johan rebel View Post
10 is the last row of EC, not the first.
I also misread it as 737-900 at first...
Didymis is offline  
Old Jun 9, 19, 11:45 am
  #4  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Posts: 11,581
Originally Posted by Didymis View Post
I also misread it as 737-900 at first...
Well, I did for sure.

Maybe I should consult an ophthalmologist next.

Johan
johan rebel is offline  
Old Jun 9, 19, 12:45 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: EDI
Programs: FB Platinum; Priority Club Spire; HHonors Silver
Posts: 207
Originally Posted by strikerbird View Post
Hi,
I was wondering which economy comfort seats are the best on the KLM boeing 787-900? I see row 10 (the first row) is unavailable? Is there a reason? All the other seats in economy comfort are open? I can't believe that the row take both outbound and inbound? Should I phone the platinum line and get them to arrange it for me if row 10 is the best row?

Thanks,

SB
Row 10 is the bulkhead row, however unlike the 777 and A320 there is not a lot of room for your feet. If you have short legs then it's fine but if you are long-legged then it is a bit of a squeeze.
Ardecos is offline  
Old Jun 9, 19, 1:19 pm
  #6  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Europe
Programs: Flying Blue: Platinum Elite Plus - EuroBonus: Gold
Posts: 837
Alright, so row 10 isn't the best row? Which rows would you guys go for if you were 180 cm?

SB
strikerbird is offline  
Old Jun 10, 19, 3:03 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: AMS
Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum
Posts: 57
I dislike row 10 mainly because of the decreased seat width.
IMHO any EC(+) seat should be fine for 180cm.
Didymis is offline  
Old Jun 10, 19, 10:52 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Programs: FB, M&B, UA, AA
Posts: 311
Originally Posted by Didymis View Post
I dislike row 10 mainly because of the decreased seat width.
IMHO any EC(+) seat should be fine for 180cm.
Bulkhead row 10 has three disadvantages - you cannot store a small bag under the seat in front of you so it must be in the bin during take off and landing, you cannot stretch your legs under a seat in front of you, and the tray table is in the armrest so gives narrower seats. Any other EC that is not bulkead doesn't have these disadvantages. I usually avoid also the last EC row if there is normal Y behind, since while you have more recline as usual, that may be extra bothersome for the person behind you since he/she has regular leg space.
atflyer is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread