Wiki Posts
Search

Flight Zeroed Out?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2019, 11:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: Lame Duck Delta PM, Freshly Minted AA EXP
Flight Zeroed Out?

Am trying to book a ticket through Delta, but kept getting an error. According to phone agent, problem is KL has one of the segments zeroed out (KL1650, VCE-AMS, 06:30-08:40, flying March 10, 2020) and she couldn't book it either. She could not say why it was zeroed out. Was wondering if anyone had any experience with how long KL might keep it zeroed out (and I realize I am asking for conjecture.) Thank you in advance for any insight.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 1:46 am

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
This flight is open for booking via klm.com

Old Jun 3, 2019, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
The flight is also open for booking via Delta, via its corresponding DL flightcode.

If there is a problem here, it is nothing to do with KLM.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 12:08 pm
Original Poster

Thank you for your replies. I see that the KLM flight is available as a standalone flight on KLM's site. However, the full itinerary is round-trip, SNA-VCE, 02/29-03/10. When you look for this itinerary on KLM's site, the VCE-AMS segment on the return flight is not offered.

Also, the flight in question does show up on Delta's website. You are able to click through, choose seats, etc, but when you try to make the final click and purchase, that's when the error appears.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by socalflying
Thank you for your replies. I see that the KLM flight is available as a standalone flight on KLM's site. However, the full itinerary is round-trip, SNA-VCE, 02/29-03/10. When you look for this itinerary on KLM's site, the VCE-AMS segment on the return flight is not offered.

Also, the flight in question does show up on Delta's website. You are able to click through, choose seats, etc, but when you try to make the final click and purchase, that's when the error appears.
What time are you arriving in AMS? Could be that there’s not enough connecting time.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 12:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dbndb

What time are you arriving in AMS? Could be that there’s not enough connecting time.
The next segment would be DL73, AMS-ATL, departing 10:40, 2 hours after KL1650 arrives in AMS. This would be well within MCT.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 6:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by socalflying
That assertion appears to be incorrect.

BUT: instead of going around in circles, why not enlist the services of a travel agent? If you can't book the flight you wish, consult a travel agent who will book this for you. (Be advised - there are far cheaper ways of making this trip)
Attached Images  
Old Jun 5, 2019, 8:09 am
Original Poster

Thank you, Irishguy. I have moved on and purchased a different itinerary.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.